BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow
Gimme browGimme browGimme brow

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was unprepared to like this--being unimpressed when it came out of the package. A very brush and it seems pricey for the amount. I got Medium and was worried it would be too reddish but--it's a neutral mid brown and though I have dark hair and brows, because my skin is fair, I never use the darkest brow shade. Well, it's very natural looking. Rather than filling in with powder, which is my normal method, it left my brows thicker but you can see hairs, not powder color behind them. Very effective. The small brush lets me do the ends of the brow where it's thinner and you want control. All in all, beats many brow products and works well.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Ok, so I'm really hesitant when it comes to my brows because I am absolutely paranoid about my brows being too drawn in and stuff so I was tentative to buy this but in all honesty this product is great. Because it's buildable I rarely go over the top with it and because it's not necessarily a brow gel my brows still feel like brows!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love the new packaging, but I first fell in love with this product years ago. THIS STUFF WORKS! if you have uneven, patchy, or thin brows. Try it. THIS STUFF IS MAGIC!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am doing a round up of the brow products I have used in the last year: Gimme Brow in both medium and deep.

Formula:
Gimme Brow is one of the best brow formulas I have used. It has such a nice consistency, it isn't too wet or dry. It sits perfectly in the middle. It has fibres, meaning that it can plump up the brow with small hair like particles which don't flake of. The colour also adheres nicely to both the skin and brow hair; it doesn't patch on your skin, and it doesn't clump in certain areas of the hair. As compared to other brow gels: Anastasia Beverly Hills coloured brow gels are way more wet and gloopy (ABH formula and never gets drier over time) whereas Benefit is more dry and workable, no gloopyness, Glossier is the most comparable formula however Glossier is more wet in consistency, and NYX Gel is more crispy when is dries and more wet on first application. However....Gimme Brows dries out super super quickly, I would say after 2 months? Whereas my glossier hasn't dried out and has lasted about 6 months! That is a major downside for this formula.

Colour:

I am blonde and low a dark ashy brow. For that medium isn't dark enough and is very warm toned. Dark is the best bet, it isn't too dark but it is way more ashy than medium. My brows are naturally really dark even though I am blonde. As compared to ABH, my colour in ABH Granite is way more ashy and grey toned which I love. As compared to Glossier, they are pretty identical in colours.

Packaging:

Loved the original external packaging, hate the new external packaging. Benefit is just so tacky looking, and I have said before they have packaging that would suggest its aimed at a younger market (bright and kinda plasticky) but then the price point is not applicable to a very younger market. I hate the silver and pink with the weird diamond top. The old packaging was better. But I can overlook it. The wand is the best I have used, I love it to get into the tail of the brow without putting product on the outside skin. I also love how it grips the hair to coat every hair (ABH wand is so big and doesn't do jack to cover the hairs as it doesn't grip. Also its too big and will get all over your skin as I said in that review). Very comparable to Glossier Boy Brow Wand (Glossier Packaging is better in my opinion).

Price:

Expensive for the amount of product you get. Comparable breakdown across my reviewed gels:

1.Gimme Brow $39 AUD for 3g = 13 dollars a gram
2. Glossier $21 AUD (converted from US) for 3.12g = 6.7 dollars a gram
3. NYX $9.95 AUD for 8.5g = 1.1 dollars a gram
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills $40 for 9g = 4.4 dollars a gram

So obviously NYX is the best value for money (my personal favourite clear brow gel). But for the coloured gels from higher brands ABH is the best, but my least favourite formula. Gimme brow is the most expensive and I would say that it isn't as good as Glossier overall. So you are better to spend less money there and get a little more product.

All in all, I think its great, but there is better cheaper options which is why I wouldn't buy it again.

Really enjoying this brow renaissance while it lasts for 2 reasons. One, when I was little I was ashamed of my brows and now I get to feel like they're cool. Always nice. Two, brows are really fierce and androgynous and I love the possibility that brow makeup adds to putting together your face. For me, makeup is best when allows you not just the ability to be beautiful but the ability to define beautiful and have control over your own idea of what beauty is. Brows hit that mark for me. I love this brow gel because It's never goopy, smudgy, chunky, or crunchy. It's flexible and rich and gives you amped up brows without looking messy or harsh. It doesn't feel like you're just applying mascara to your eyebrows. The little tube lasts forever, too.

on 2/20/2017 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very pricey fiber brow gel but it sure does hold your brows in place. It is true that the wand is small and the product is not clumpy, it's well-made. Is it worth the money? Maybe. I have decent enough brows that I use a retractable pencil to fill in sparse areas and run a spoolie through them to blend but on occasion I like to use a brow gel to hold them in place. I can't justify spending the money on this for only occasional use but if you need a gel that has added fibres and use this daily it is a good product that comes in a variety of shades.

on 2/18/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I tried this in Shade 1 - Light (blonde, cool). The color was actually lighter than my natural brows (I'm blonde, NC25), which was a first for me. I've never been comfortable with too dark or heavy eyebrows, the Joan Crawford/Madonna look doesn't suit me (although I am a fan of Jenna Coleman's taupe caterpillars). I like this product because it does stick to the brow hairs, like the mascara-wand type applicator. It's doesn't smear or rub off. However, it just coats the eyebrows and colors them, it doesn't really make a brow where none exists. If you're happy with what nature gave you, this is a nice, if expensive, product. If you need a bit of fill-in, keep looking.

on 2/16/2017 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love it! My eyebrows seem to be getting sparser every year (sob) and this is perfect for filling in the gaps and offering a bit more definition to their shape. It's knocked a few minutes off my morning makeup regimen which is always appreciated and, whilst not being the cheapest product, it lasts a very long time since you don't need to use much.

on 2/4/2017 1:29:00 PM

Love fast and easy

on 2/4/2017 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an awesome brow gel for slightly sparse brows that need a little pigment and lift. I use this in the darkest shade which works best for my dark brown hair. I carefully scrape off the excess product on the side before letting the brush touch my eye brow because it's a wet formula that may weigh down the hairs instead. Overall, I find this easy to use and makes my brows look effortlessly natural and well groomed.

Pros:
- compact and small
- unique redesign packaging
- tiny brush for concise brushing
- lightweight gel fiber formula
- does not weight my brows down if excess is scraped off
- quick and easy to use
- long wearing
- pigmented enough

Cons:
- pricey
- not much color choice
- excess still needs to be scraped off
- fairly wet formula to work with

Popular Brows Products