Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer

Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer
Morning Burst Hydrating Gel MoisturizerMorning Burst Hydrating Gel MoisturizerClean & Clear - Morning burst hydrating gel

3.8

Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Sorbitan Olivate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Fragrance, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, C12-14 Pareth-12, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Green 5, Blue 1, Yellow 5

on 2/12/2018 5:19:00 PM

I have used this moisturizer for years ever since I saw that it was called out on a reddit thread about face products that didn’t contain cetyl alcohol (fatty acids), which cause me (and apparently plenty of others) to break out. The ingredients in this “gel” moisturizer came back with mostly zeroes on COSdna so I thought it might suit my sensitive/dry/chin-breakout prone skin.

This is the best moisturizer I have found so far that helps minimize the occurrence of breakouts. I still have some from time to time but they are not nearly as often, as many, as bad, or as lasting as they are when I’m using this product compared to any other moisturizer. My only issue with this is that it sometimes causes minor irritation on my skin - usually closer to my jawline or neck - in the form of pink, slightly itchy patches. They don’t usually last longer than a few hours but can be bothersome. I think it must be the fragrance that causes this issue. However, I would much rather contend with minimal skin irritation than medium-major level breakouts and so I will continue to use this moisturizer for the foreseeable future. Everytime I have switched to another moisturizer, my acne has become worse and I have always ended up going back to this. The formula is a milky sea foam color and the gel texture provides lightweight moisturization. My skin is dry and I sometimes still get flaky areas in the winter while using this, but again, I would rather have that than a spread of blemishes. The formula absorbs quickly and without leaving any tacky feeling, just slightly softer and smoother skin.

The packaging is sort of old school teenager style from Clean & Clear bur the squeeze tube is efficient and minimizes bacteria contamination so I’m good with it! It’s quite cheap at $3-$5 depending on where you buy it, though I fear it has been discontinued, as it is increasingly harder to find.

If you’re main concern is acne and you need a moisturizer that is light and fairly gentle, you may want to give it a try.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I need a moisturizer without fatty alcohols, and this one was recommended. Unfortunately this didn't moisturize very well & made me break out. I think I'm sensitive to moisturizers heavy in dimethicone. So I've been using this on my hands at night and it doesn't moisturize my hands at all. My hands feel very smooth, but still dry. So this does make the face smooth, and could be used as a primer.. It would be ideal for someone who doesn't need much hydration or moisture.

My go-to moisturizer for acne-prone, oily skin is Olay Moisturizing Sensitive Skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I needed a mositurzer without fatty alcohols, and this was very affordable. I figured I'd give this a shot to see if this kind of moisturizer works for me, before trying something like Clinique's. I really love how this feels and smells! It's a candy melon type scent that I'd just my favorite, I want to keep putting it on over and over. It has a lot of dimethicone in it, which causes the soft feeling after you put it on, and is one of the main ingredients in almost all primers. So this works well as a primer to create a smooth surface as well. I haven't had any breakouts from this and will update if I do.

on 2/7/2017 12:51:00 AM

This product is amazing, it hydrates my skin without leaving it oily or greasy. Specially in winter my face gets very dry and tight, regularly I used a lush cream face moisturizer but it left my face too shiny and at the end of the day I felt uncomfortable with it. But this gel replaced that one and solved my dryness, I use it everyday after washing my face. Would repurchase

on 8/5/2016 9:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I received a .5 oz sample of this, otherwise it's not the kind of product I'd have picked up. My skin is more mature and has become a bit drier this past year or so. This product is clearly not for my skin type: it simply does not moisturize enough. It might work better for young people with normal or combo skins. I'm going to guess that the target demographic for this product is teens and young adults.

It is very lightweight and absorbs easily; the gel-like texture glides very easily and makes my skin feel very smooth. Have not had any problems balling under makeup.

I do not have problem with the smell either, but more scent-sensitive people might. The scent is a mixture of clean/soapy and sweet. It goes away pretty quickly.

The main drawback for me is the lack of hydration. I would not recommend it for people with dry or mature skin, but young people might like it.

This product hydrates my skin without it feeling greasy or heavy. A little bit goes a long way.

on 4/26/2016 3:52:00 PM

I love this thing. I'm on my third tube of this and it's amazing. It moisturizes my dry patches but doesn't make my oily spots over oily either. It's a really great price at $7 in Canada and it smells like starburst which is awesome. Although lately I've been considering trying others because when it gets hot in the summer, I find i'm getting a lot greasier than I'd like to, although I do have extremely oily skin.

I would recommend this for combination, normal or slightly oily skin types.

on 12/28/2015 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my HG moisturizer! I couldn't love it more than I already do. I've tried many other moisturizers but I always come back to my Clean&Clear one. I'm currently on a half of a bottle so I'll be repurchasing soon. I put this on after I wash my face in the morning, before I apply my makeup. It works wonders for my summer oily skin and winter combo/oily skin. 5 out of 5 stars for me! :)

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've gone through a few of these moisturizers. This stuff smells cucumber melon scented to me. It's oil free and doesn't break me out. That coupled with the fact that it's super affordable (around $6) are reasons I kept repurchasing in the past. However, I'm starting to realize that I want a moisturizer that actually improves my skin in some way. Don't get me wrong, it is hydrating. It works well at maintaining my skin how it already is. But I'd like to splurge a little more on a product that maybe makes my skin look better than it does now. I'd repurchase this for my boyfriend (who also uses it and has perfect skin to begin with) but would like to try something different for myself.

on 9/22/2015 9:37:00 PM

This is a great moisturizer for combo or oily skin. I use it under makeup as a primer and it makes finished makeup look great and not overly greasy. It does have a strong watermelon jolly rancher smell so if you don't like strong scented moisturizers then this is not for you.