Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation
Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation

4.4

Isobutane, Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Peg/Ppg-20/15 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethiconol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Hexylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis (Red Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

So far I love this foundation. I have really dry skin, freckles, and break out on my chin like crazy. I also have dark under eyes. Dermatologist is having me use benzoyl peroxide cleanser and prescription differen gel (adapalene). Also taking doxycycline so my skin is super sensitive right now to everything and sunlight. I have been searching for a foundation that will cover up all the dark spots from old break outs, even out my skin, and give me a hydrated and smooth look while my skin heals. My skin looks light on my face but I prefer to wear a shade darker to help cover all my flaws and of course I do go down my neck with this stuff too. I have been trying sample after sample of foundation from Sephora on a quest to find something that I love. Last night I bought the Dior air flash foundation, (Sephora sales person matched me), I took it home and put it on, it covered nothing and it was too light. That stuff is $62 and for that price it should have granted me 3 wishes imo. I tried spraying it directly on to the brush I bought for it, (flat kabuki that sp showed me), and then this morning tried again with the beauty blender. It didn't work and it was a disappointment after reading all the good reviews. But I had also seen this Sephora type was a possible (better) dupe so I returned the Dior and got this for half the price. Instead of having a sp match me, I picked the "medium" shade from the 10 choices with the help of my husband, and went home to try it. It did everything I wanted a foundation to do. It's everything I have been looking for so far, and if it doesn't cause me any break outs in the next few days then I am going to keep buying this. I spray it on the brush and buff it in, and on my chin and nose I spray it directly on my face and buff it in. I also buff some on my next and upper chest where I have some redness. This has a soft natural very skin like finish. I didn't need much concealer or powder at all either. Also, I did use a primer- I have the Sephora illumating one that I love and also too faced hangover. I use tarte rainforest of the sea mist to set and get a little glowy look after applying everything and I am so happy to finally find something.

on 3/4/2016 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Wonderful foundation! Was so impressed! If you have oily or acne-prone skin, this is the foundation for you. I used the silicone-free Sephora primer first, then sprayed the foundation on, let it sit for a minute and I used a sponge to pat around my face lightly (I have used other airbrush foundations in the past and they all suggest patting with a sponge after spraying)! Perfection! It is very matte! I probably would not recommend this foundation to anyone with dry skin unless you use a primer that moisturizes too. This foundation stayed perfect all day. I never turned oily! If you have never used airbrushing before, it does take a time or two in order to get the product on evenly, but this was very user friendly! It will be my summertime, go to!

on 11/20/2015 3:27:00 PM

This is one of those foundations you don't know you love until you find the right application for you.

●Applied it by spraying it directly onto a damp beauty blender...not bad.
●Applied it by spraying it directly onto a foundation brush...not bad
●Applied it by spraying it directly on my face (closely) then buffing with a brush, also tried the exact same technique followed by my damp BB..not bad

BUT THEN
I applied it directly from the can onto my face about 10 inches away in circular motions then lightly stamped it into my skin with my (F80) brush OMG FLAWLESS SMOOTH EVEN LOOKING SKIN!
●●Must cover your hair because it's a pain to get off, so do your brows After.
●●NO glitter or shimmer.
●●NO noticeable fragrance.
•• I think this would be a great foundation to have on hand for days you're in a hurry because it applies super quick.

☆☆☆Will be purchasing a few more cans because this is the PERFECT foundation for me. (I have the worse luck of finally finding something that I love..then it becomes discontinued)
I've liked other foundations before, BUT there was always something that could have been a bit better (the finish, the feel, the smell, or the over all look after a few hours of wear) but not this one.

From application till removal...I freaking ♡ it!

UPDATE ordered the shade fawn online as I get a lighter complexion during winter..it's still a beautiful foundation but the finish IS WAY DIFFERENT. the 1st one i purchased in store is a matte while the one online is a satin (leaning on a bit of dewy) finish.
Medium has a tad bit of a pink undertone and a bit darker, while fawn is lighter with more of a yellow undertone. I can make both work for me.

Can doesn't last long at all..very nice foundation but will end up being very expensive since it runs out quickly.

on 11/1/2015 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A few years ago I used Dior AirFlash Foundation and loved the look of it, but found it costly to use at $62 a can. I thought I'd give Sephora's house brand knockoff a chance because it's only $28 per can. I was pleasantly surprised at how well this works for me. Like AirFlash, this mist foundation has a skin-like finish and doesn't look like heavy makeup.

It feels lightweight and comfortable. It is transfer-resistant once it's dry, and it's long-wearing. My skin is combination - not super oily or super dry. So I don't have an exorbitant amount of oil, nor do I have flaky skin. I wear a primer with SPF under this and powder the T-zone accordingly during the day. This foundation looks great hours after I've applied.

I was able to find a good color match in this, Fair, which is similar to Porcelain 0 in Hourglass Immaculate Powder Foundation. Because I use Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer or MDSolarSciences Beauty Balm SPF 50 underneath, I have not had any trouble with the foundation oxidizing darker. There is a lighter shade, Cream, for extremely fair skin, and then some medium complexion shades.

To apply, I use a synthetic bristle kabuki brush, spray the foundation onto the brush, and then buff it onto the skin. I can do a sheer layer or build up by spraying more onto my brush and applying more. Another way to apply is to spray onto a sponge and stipple it into the skin. I don't recommend spraying this directly onto the face because it goes everywhere; it gets all over your eyelashes and eyebrows, too. If you spray it directly onto your face, be sure to close your eyes, and stand in the shower to do it before getting dressed (so it doesn't get onto clothes) and then you may still have to touch up with a sponge. Also, the butane propellant will make it feel cold. My kabuki brush application still gives me an airbrushed, skin-like finish and there's no messiness.

I recommend wearing a product with SPF underneath because there is no sunscreen in the foundation.

I'm glad Sephora made this fragrance free. It doesn't contain parabens, in case you're avoiding those as well. My skin is sensitive and I haven't had any irritation at all. It doesn't contain alcohol. Overall, a good value if you like it.

INGREDIENTS:

Isobutane, Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), PEG/PPG -18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethiconol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Hexylene Glycol, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis (Red Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7.

on 9/21/2015 1:20:00 PM

Nope nope nope. This is NOT a dupe for Dio Airflash by any means (at least on my skin anyway). Yes the can is a spray and yes it's cooling on contact, the same as Airflash however the finish on my skin was completely different; it's like it had no coverage at all. Unfortunately the color wasn't quite right either. The Sephora rep picked out the color "Fawn" for my approx. NW15 skin and it was too dark and yellow but I don't think going down one is an option because I have read reviews that one is REALLY yellow. In Airflash I am color 100 and it's pretty dead on perfect as far as a match as it's on the lighter side and more beige than yellow. The one thing I did like a little better than Airflash was that's it's a smidgen more matte than the Dior version, but the finish ohhhhhh the finish of Airflash blows this stuff out of the water. It covers like a dream (I use one of two techniques depending on my mood, either spraying a little on a Beauty blender and then applying or spraying onto my stippling brush. I don't ever spray directly on my face). I tried both methods with Perfection mist and simply could not get the type of coverage that I had come to love with Dior; it just seemed more transparent if that makes sense? I could tell from first spray that the mist was much finer than Diors and it took quite a bit more spraying to get even semi decent coverage. It hurts the wallet to keep paying 60 bucks for Airflash but Perfection Mist was a no go for me.

on 9/21/2015 11:00:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I can't see myself purchasing this again. Not because it's horrible, but because for my skin it's just very average. I've applied it several ways, using a sponge, a brush and spraying it directly...and using various moisturizes, and primers. All were just OK and certainly not worth the $29. It's actually not a bad price for a non-drugstore foundation, but if I'm going to spend that much I really need to like it a lot.

If someone is looking for very light, matte coverage they will probably love this. When I use an airbrush foundation, I'm usually looking for a heavier flawless look. If I apply enough to get that initial look, it creases in my almost 40 year old skin. (creases that I don't see without makeup on)

It is worth a try, but I will be returning mine...thank goodness for Sephora's very liberal return policy. It allows me to try things without worrying too much about the price if I don't like it.

As for color, I bought the medium, and it was a very good match for my NC25 skin. Make sure you shake it!! I sprayed a little on my arm when I was in the parking lot and it came out gray!! But after shaking it for about 15 seconds it was fine....kind of freaked me out though.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am giving this 5 lippies considering the price. I think it is the best foundation under $30 but there are better, more expensive ones. It does a great job for the price.

on 11/9/2014 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is face crack! I don't use it every day because it's expensive (for me, I only seem to get a month or so out of it when wearing it daily) but I love the coverage! It's even, smooth, satin/matte and makes my skin look perfect! I spray it on, working in small areas at a time, and buff it in with my Sephora #55 airbrush and my skin literally looks perfect. I'm an NC20 right now and Fawn blends seamlessly. In the warmer months I'm NC25ish and use the medium. You'll definitely need concealer if you're trying to cover blemishes, tho. This has not caused a single breakout for me on my very problematic skin, and it removes easily with my basic facial cleanser. Doesn't oxidize, breakup/separate, or settle into pores, and coverage is buildable. It just looks awesome till it's time to cleanse my skin. I recently wore it for a wedding I was in and it looks flawless in photos! I hope they make this forever.

on 8/15/2014 9:41:00 PM

Light weight. Buildable coverage. Long wearing. Natural looking. Gorgeous and infallible. Photographs beautifully.
For the record, I have combo skin, with ruddiness in my complexion. Typically I wear an NC25. I mix both medium and light foundation mists to get the right tone for my skin. I am sold! And as a make up artist, I have tried it ALL!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I wanted so badly to love this. I'm a huge fan of Sephora in general and I've found that their own line has been virtually flawless in terms of value for money.

Unfortunately, this just didn't do it for me.

I have skin that can be very difficult to work with - more or less combination but where there are dry spots they are exceedingly dry. I'm talking crunchy autumn leaf dry. I'm also terrificaly (unfairly even!) uneven in tone; blue veined with weird greeny-ambery-browny eyes and natural hair color...well, I can't remember but a cool brown washes me out while a warmer brown with golden highlights makes me look like Gisele.

(okay, more gazelle but you get my point)

Anyway, I tried this several ways and in two shades, "Light" and "Fair"; the only constants were my tried-and-tested cleansing/exfoliating & moisturising routine and an application or three of ELF's "setting spray" thingy applied during the day so assume these were present for each.

1-4 involve the "Light" shade. Application involved (with the exception of the wedding) a stippling brush on one side of my face and a blendy sponge thing on the other.

1. MUFE green primer + product: this did work... for about an hour at which point it threw caution to the wind and disappeared suddenly. I mean disappeared..as in "Wait, what?! But you were just there five minutes ago!"

2. Smashbox primer + product: Made the foundation stick to me, and not in the good way. The least said about it the better.

3. Monistat + bit of MUFE for redness + product: No matter who giggles about the Monistat thing, this was actually the only combination that still looked vaguely acceptable after 5 hours and I have my daughter's wedding pictures to prove it.

4. Smashbox + MUFE for the redness + product: Looked gorgeous in the kitchen then I went to see the doc and he asked me if my exczema was playing up again. Ladies with super dry skin, tread carefully.

Now the same for the other shade:

Did. Not. Work. At. All.

This is my fault - I can't get to a store, so I ordered blind for both shades. Still, no matter which shade it was, the results should have been similar unless there's a vastly different creating process.

(If that was the case I'd expect another couple of zeros before the decimal point)

So there we have it.

It just isn't for me.

(This is why I gave it 3 lippies - the problem isn't with the product itself, but with my own skin)