Maybelline Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Rhus Succedanea (Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Lanolin, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Silica, Ceresin, Talc, Synthetic Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Zinc Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using these religiously for years, but a few tricks are necessary to get them to work well.

The consistency is very dry, hard, and waxy. NOT creamy. (The thought of someone using these on their eyelids makes me cringe.) Because of this, though, the staying power is fantastic. Lasts through swimming, sleeping, everything. Usually lasts 24 hours on me. Impressive.

Because of the difficult consistency, this only works for me with a few little tricks. The pencil MUST be kept very well sharpened. Most sharpeners these days have a little barrier that the tip of the pencil runs into, which grinds off the tip and keeps it from fully sharpening. So frustrating!! I make sure to use an old sharpener that sharpens fully to a thin point. Also, it helps to first run one light swipe of lightweight lip balm very lightly through your brows to make the pencil glide on better. This helps keep the pencil from dragging as you apply it, so it applies smoothly in even strokes instead of skidding and leaving clumps of color. (I'm pale and my brows are sparse, so I have to put this on carefully in order for it to look natural.)

Dirt cheap - about $3.50 for 2 in shops, and even cheaper online / eBay.

The blonde color is a nice taupe / grey / light brown with no orange or red tones.

Love these!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Been using these a lot to do my eyebrows with and they work really well, only thing is you have to keep them sharped because they work better. This pencil stays put all day and does not come off very easily (love/hate that) it doesn't set all weird which gives me plenty of time to work with it and do what I need to also they are very affordable and easily accessible I have even found them at dollar tree before. Its a must try and one of my HG products.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in the blonde shade (I have light-medium brown hair), and it works and looks great! It's so easy to use--much easier than the mascara-wand type or "liquid"-type applicators. This has a fair staying power, but I find when wearing this that I take care not to rub my eyebrows. But I just discovered something! Just for Men Mustache & Beard coloring! You mix a bit of the two tubes together, apply, and then rub off in five minutes. Lasts for a week or two. I used this on my red-headed cousin this weekend, and she's ecstatic! Her eyebrows had been nonexistent, and she now has nice looking eyebrows without doing anything!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Where are you people finding these? They were deleted in Canada a decade ago. I still have a lot of them (or the short stubs, because they require frequent sharpening) because I used to buy them in the twin packs when they were on sale. I use them now and again if I am in a big hurry. They are wax pencils and they are all that existed in the 50s and 60s. My mom used them since the 1940s. The reason I still have so many is that I rarely used them since I discovered eyebrow powders that are superior for my sparse brows. They don't look pencilled on. However, some history and nostalgia - these used to come in many shades - blonde, light brown, medium brown, dark brown, auburn, black; those are the ones I recall. I used the light, medium and dark brown at various times for the brows and dark brown or black for lining the eyes sometimes. Again, this is all there was for eyeliner as well. In grade seven, at age 13 when most girls started using makeup, only eyeliner was allowed in school. And eyeliner was this pencil. This was the first beauty product I owned, besides a pale pink lipstick.

I have used these little dual brow pencils for many years and still use them today. I have found another pencil (finally and it is made by LA Colors - See the review I left for that one as well) that is easier to apply and has great staying power, however I will still use these for when I want to get the best definition and staying power in hot weather. They are made with hard wax and sharpen to an immaculate point for the best definition you can get with an eye brow pencil. I have reddish brown hair and light/medium skin, so the blonde pencil is perfect for me if used with a light hand. These are a little pricier than the LA Colors, but still a lot better price than the high end pencils that do not perform any better than these do!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I wish these worked for me, but sadly they didn't. The quality itself is great, just like it is with most of Maybelline's products. It's just that it pulls red on my face, which is a huge no-no for me. I'm an NC35 with dark brown hair and eyebrows, so you can imagine how horrible I looked with orangey red brows. :P

What's interesting about this is that Maybelline isn't the only company that does this; many of them put a bit of red in their brown and/or dark brown eyebrow pencils. I guess it's because so many women have a bit of red undertone in their hair, and perhaps these pencils are designed so that they soften the face while accentuating on the red.

But for the rest of us, all hope is not lost. If you're like me and have absolutely no red in your hair whatsoever, you might try New York Color (NYC) Kohl Brow/Eyeliner pencil. It's super cheap, only $1-2, and blends great.

*I almost hate to give this only 2 lippies because there's nothing wrong with the quality whatsoever, but maybe this review can prevent someone from wasting time and money on it if their hair is like mine.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The blonde is great and looks natural with my reddish hair. I've used this since my teens. My mother used it and also my grandmother. It blends well and is inexpensive. Other brand pencils and powders make my brows look overdone.

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've used these forever, I'm not sure why I've never reviewed them.
Perfect for brows, I like that they are a harder wax, it is much easier to do fine detail with a pencil you can get a good point on.

My favorite brow product! Forever I was filling in my blonde brows with too dark, expensive gels/pencils/creams/powders, no more! This is the perfect color for my non existent brows and I can fill them in as light to as dark as I want. These things have lasted me forever and are so cheap!! My only negative is I wish they were a little longer, like a regular brow pencil, but I can deal.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love love love these!!!! So good for the price! I get these pencil in blonde and i fill in my brows with this first and then i go over the pencil with either my nyx eyebrow gel or my dipbrow it makes doing my brows sooooo much easier...and if i want a really light look ill just use these pencils they dont smudge or fade during the day and they give very natural looking brows

Popular Brows Products