Neutrogena SkinClearing Oil-Free Liquid Makeup

Neutrogena SkinClearing Oil-Free Liquid Makeup

3.9

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl 4 Oleate, Silicone Polyether Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Chamomila Recuita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Chamomilla Recutita), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Cetyl Lactate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Polysilicone 11, Polymethylmethacrylate, Dimethicone, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, PEG 8 Propylene Glycol Cocoate, Silica, Silica Silylate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Ethylene Brassylate, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

EDIT: Holy crap! I seriously underrated this foundation! I used to say only bad things about it, but I was using it wrong. When I was originally using this foundation, i was using my fingers or a brush to apply it. It always oxidized within a few hours and looked really unnatural and cakey. However, after I got a beauty sponge to work with (currently using the master blender sponge from loreal) I tried this foundation again, and it works better than literally all the other foundations I own! It applies and blends beautifully, gives full coverage after two layers, looks natural on the skin, satin matte finish, and doesn't break me out. Also the foundation lasts all day/night long and although it does oxidize slightly darker, it never starts to look cakey or settle into lines or texture. Maybe something about the water in the damp sponge smooths this out? I don't know, but I'm so glad I tried this with a sponge. I wear it almost every time I wear makeup now.

The only problems that remain are the shade (i believe the lightest is 30 buff, and I'm not even THAT pale and that shade is still way too dark for me.) I can work with it though. The other problem is that no matter what I do, concealer still mixes weirdly with it. So what I try to do is not even apply foundation in the areas that I'm going to put concealer. Kind of annoying but worth it for an overall beautiful foundation.

I did not like the way that this foundation felt on my skin, it is a thick liquid that offers at best medium coverage. the packaging also is messy, as is the case with all foundations by this brand. no pump means it's difficult to pour out the correct amount. I did feel that it helped my breakouts but I don't feel it is enough reason for me to keep this.

on 12/1/2015 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros.: good coverage; doesn't feel like you have foundation on; controls shine.
Cons.:becomes visible on skin after 3-4 hours; has medication; colors are either too pink or too yellow; makes skin dry.

This is one of those products where you want to give 2,5 stars when really not sure about whether it is a good or a bad product. First, the positives. It provides great coverage, no need for concealer. It is oil control. It is actually the most oil control foundation out of all (many) I tried. It doesn't feel like a mask. It is great for pictures. Negatives: it has salicylic acid which absorbs into skin and gets into blood stream more than any other acne topical medication. And it makes your skin very dry. Also, it cakes up pretty fast for everyone to see you have foundation on. I also think that the colors are not so flattering nor natural. Overall I would only recommend this foundation for special occasions like wedding, for example, where you need a good coverage and pictures are taken considering you have oily skin, but not for every day wear.

on 12/2/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought it went well. However, its not fitting for my character.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Sadly, this did not work for me. The reviews are great, the price is right and the promise of a treatment and foundation is enticing. On me, it had almost zero coverage and wasn't buildable. It never set properly and smeared everywhere. In addition, it wouldn't blend into my skin and settled into every pore and dry spot. The palest shade was too dark also. It actually looked worse than bare skin and that's saying a lot!

on 3/12/2016 5:40:00 AM

Not perfect coverage but at the first place it's a blemish treatment and than foundation. So I think it's good product for everyday use

on 8/10/2015 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Officially my favorite foundation! It's super lightweight and covers up redness, does not look caked on even after applying several layers which I do if I'm breaking out. Gives my skin a soft and dewy look, since I have very sensitive skin and I have to be careful with what I put on my face, but this foundation does not clog my pores or make me break out and since its medicated it helps treat any breakouts while I cover them up, it smells nice and it lasts a really long time, well worth the price definitely recommend !!!

So this foundation is honestly the best foundation I've tried so far. It really does cover acne! The first layer is for people that don't have 2 noticeable acne then more layers is for people that have bad acne. It leaves a smooth airbrush feeling and doesn't feel Cakey. But I do need 2 apply it more than once during the day. As for treating acne.... It seems 2 not clog pores but doesn't get rid of acne or cause more. Overall great foundation!😀👍✌️

I bought this foundation in classic ivory and am really pleased with how well it fits my skin tone. My mother and sister have remarked that the foundation looks very natural. Its dewy finish doesn't look great on my oily skin, so I mattify it with Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent.

As far as "SkinClearing" goes, I'm not sure that it will work wonders for someone with very acne-prone skin. I have occasional breakouts, and this foundation doesn't seem remarkably effective in clearing them up. That said, it feels far less cakey and more buildable than other foundations I've tried, so I think it's superior to others in that respect.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Neutrogena SkinClearing- Oil free- Micro clear technology

It was too harsh for my skin. super thick (which I will admit is good for acne/scar coverage) but it looked way too cakey on my face.
This foundation also made my skin get a weird rash,plus the lightest color they had was too dark/orange for me.