Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation

Filtered by age: 44-55
Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Colour Pop TrapCover FX Oil Free Natural Finish

3.0

Water (Aqua, Eau), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Isohexadecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Tribehenin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Triacontanyl PVP, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethyl Oleate, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Erythritol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Homarine HCI, Tetrapeptide-21, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol May Contain/ Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this once about 2 years ago because I was looking for a natural-looking foundation. I have oily but dehydrated/sensitive skin and a very flaky nose. Though it did look very natural and the color was a great match, something just didn't look right. I went on to Estee Lauder Double Wear for a while but ultimately, that was just too much coverage for me. Tried this again about 3 months ago and now I have finally figured out what I didn't like about this foundation. It literally doesn't sit right on my skin. No matter how much I blend, it just seems to sit on top of my skin. No primer, sunscreen or bare-face makes a difference. It just doesn't blend well at all.

Now I know and I won't be buying this again.

I think this foundation has a weird smell..and the smell lingers for a few hours. It’s tacky and hard to blend. You will have success blending using a beauty blender though, but not your fingers. I had a sample of the N10 and at first liked the brightness, but upon a second application realized it was too light. The other day I got a sample of N20 and that was grey (made my face look dull). So glad I did not purchase the full-size product.

on 2/15/2016 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Tried lots of foundations this is one of the better products. It's a little pricy though, way more than regular drugstore brands due to its hypoallergenic nature - I have sensitive skin. I also need a moisturizing foundation because of my mixed, more mature complexion. This seems to work well for me. I try not to use powder in certain areas that will draw moisture and highlight wrinkles. I apply it all over sparingly and let it dry to a satin finish (downside is that it takes a while) and pat on more in places that require more coverage. Has a natural looking healthy glow on me anyway - ymmv. I use the P40 tone. It sets very well with powder (I also use the light Cover FX powder).

on 3/29/2015 12:18:00 PM

Not for me. Color was actually a surprisingly good match. I found it thicker than expected and not sure if I would consider it lightweight at all (I ended up applying it with a dampened foundation brush because it was so thick). It did a good job of covering my acne, which is why I purchased this.

But there is some ingredient in here that I am sensitive to and my face reacted to it, which stinks because I KNOW I have sensitive skin and this was recommended by the Sephora clerk for that very reason. My face started stinging a bit within 2-3 minutes of applying it. I had some errands to run so I left the makeup on for a couple hours- by the time I was done, all I wanted to do was drive home and immediately wash my face. My face was itching, burning, stinging, and got all red and blotchy along my forehead and cheeks. :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

After reading the reviews I was skeptical about this foundation,,,but I noticed most of the reviews were by users with oily/combination skin. Cover FX recommends this for DRY skin...not oily. It does say oilfree but it is an emoilent satin finish foundation. It gives a wonderful non cakey full coverage finish. I use Paula's Choice Skin Recovery spf 30 moisturizer...no primer because I dislike the feel of primers and the spf moisturizer leaves my skin smooth and foundation ready.

I have rosacea and dry skin and this gives my a lovely smooth full coverage. I do not need to use any concealer at all, which is amazing for me...I have always had to use heavy concealer. Set with loose setting powder I get all day wear with only a slight touch up after 6 hours or so.

So if you have oily skin this is not for you but if you have dry skin that needs a bit of help give this a try.