40%

$42.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

5 months ago

This is a medium coverage foundation that has a fantastic luminescent quality that I love. Great all day coverage, feels very light and covers any flaws. have Melasma which is a hyperpigmentation iery upset, ssue, and was amazed that it totally covers without looking heavy. This foundation was recommended, to me a week before my wedding in S. Fl when our local Ulta failed to have my Double Wear foundation. I was very upset, but as soon as I was shown the incredible coverage , I was sold. This product holds up well in the heat and doesn't budge all day!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Olive

HairRed

a year ago

I'm on the fence about this foundation. It looks nice on but it's a real PIA to apply and blend so that it doesnt look heavy. I use the N40 shade which wears a bit warmer on me than that shade in the custom cover drops. This has to be set with powder. It has a thick almost sticky consistency that can be time consuming to blend out and doesnt completely set without powder. I prefer using my fingers to apply this and then go over it with a damp beauty blender to sheer it out where needed. Because it's a thick formula I dont have my hopes up that this is gonna wear well on my combo skin in the southern heat and humidity over moisturizer and sunscreen (it has no spf rating either) but it's been ok in the winter. No breakouts but I do find myself blotting more often. Now that the weather is warming up I prefer a lighter foundation or tinted sunscreen so I probably wont repurchase.

About reviewer (281 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Medium

a year ago

Edit: Downgraded this to 3 stars after more use. I'm finding it oxidizes a bit too much, but I didn't notice until I was under different lighting. For some reason pictures really accentuate this though, making it look extra cakey and orange :( Regretting spending 50$ on it. This is my new daily foundation, and while it isn't Holy Grail level, I am pretty happy with it. It's quite good coverage, medium and buildable to high, but still has that very natural "no makeup" finish. It's also free of many of the more irritating ingredients, which is important for me as I have very sensitive skin that is also prone to acne. It's one big flaw is that it doesn't set well. Used alone it will stay tacky all day and transfer easily. I've been setting with a Nyx matte spray which helps a lot, but doesn't completely fix the issue. Currently I don't have a primer, but I'd like to try one to see if it helps. The upside of this tackyness is it make a great base for building and using other products. I have a so-so Covergirl concealer that when used on top of this becomes fantastic. It also doesn't highlight dry patches nearly as much as most foundations. It also has an strong smell when fresh, though this fades fast. Personally I don't find unpleasant, but it is a bit weird, almost sweet and foody smelling? It might bother some though, so ymmv. It has enough major pros for me that it's my new go-to, however I'll still be keeping my eye out for that one HG foundation. Pros: Natural finish Medium to high coverage Buildable Extensive colour range Free of phthalates, talc, parabens, etc. Densely pigmented, a little bit goes a looong way No breakouts or irritation for me Cons: Expensive Strong initial smell Very hard to set Recommend for: Dry to combination skin People with allergies/sensitivities Anyone who has trouble finding a good colour match. The range on this is fantastic.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

This is a thick cream foundation. I wore it on it’s own and wasn’t impressed. It looked heavy on my dry skin. However, I love the coverage, the lasting power, and the shade match is perfect. I would say it’s solid medium coverage maybe even high medium. I prefer to mix it. For something more sheer, I like to mix it with an illuminating primer. My favorite combo is mixing it with my Josie Maran Vibrancy Fluid Foundation. The result is a dewy medium coverage foundation with good lasting power. My dream foundation! I hate that I have to buy two high end foundations, but this combo is perfection. Great for dry skin types who need coverage!

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

Great coverage if you want a natural look, but this foundation just doesn’t set right! It will not sink into the skin seamlessly, and once powder hits it the foundation starts to look cakey!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

So I like the coverage of this foundation, but initially the color was too light for me. Looks like one thing in the bottle but oxidized to a ashy light color. The girl at Sephora states this was my color and after a lot of experiences with foundation ending up being too light for me after a Sephora suggestion I felt a little forced at the time not to take the darker shade. So I had to basically wait for cooler months for this shade currently to match. The bottle material is good quality but standard look, the texture is creamy and spreadable especially with a beauty blender that is not too damp. Gives me nearly full coverage. Going to try it during the summer months now and see how it holds up.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBlack

from

2 years ago

This foundation performed fine but was nothing special. If i'm going to spend $63 AUD I expect it to compare to other foundations (i.e. my holy grail Makeup Forever Ultra HD) I use in that price bracket and this one doesn't.

About reviewer (143 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrunette

2.0

2 years ago

I bought this foundation after a horrid experience with oil cleansing. After 3 months of trying some popular paleo and more natural remedies, I finally saw my dermatologist and he started me on retin a micro to help clear up the horrible mess of closed comedones and clogged pores I inflicted upon myself. I knew from reviews that the initial breakout on this stuff would be extremely difficult to deal with considering that I work reception in the diagnostic imaging department at an extremely busy hospital and see upwards of 100 patients+ per day. The packaging of this product is great. Looks modern, neat and innovative. I also love that the product is more natural and does not use harsh chemicals/parabens as I suffer from occasional flare ups of perioral dermatitis and find cosmetic products to contribute significantly. This foundation has never flared up my dermatitis and has high coverage but that's about it for positives. It never ever sets fully. It looks great as soon as its applied, but is already shiny shortly after I get to work. It feels heavy on my skin and that never goes away no matter what I use to set it. It also starts to look more and more orange by the end of the day which actually seems to highlight the breakouts I am getting from retin a. I will continue to use only until my new foundation comes in the mail, and certainly will not be recommending this to any friends. If you have combination or oily skin stay far away from this stuff.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

I'm surprised by the negative reviews. I've always loved this foundation and found it very natural and skin like. Love the shade range, the formula (dewy but wears well) and I love the fact that it isn't heavy. Great foundation and will continue to repurchase.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Thank God i got a sample first! I got enough to try it out for a few days. I’ll get straight to my main points: Pro: -Vegan and cruelty free (the reason i was drawn to this foundation in the first place) -color match was nice (G30) (im y245 in MUFE ultra hd) -high medium coverage -natural dewy finish (my preference) Cons: -hard to blend (with a brush it was a work out lol) -it stays tacky unless you set it heavily, even still felt tacky after setting it (i did a light layer dusting of cover fx perfect setting powder) -it smelled really bad kind of weird nutty scent -not transfer proof -not too heavy but you could feel it on your skin Everything else was just mediocre, would not purchase.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

Age30-35