Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine

4.4

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have lipsticks than run the gamut- from Tom Ford Nars, Chanel, Mac to Rimmel... and I think most of the hype around this product is the beautiful case and scent. The formula just doesn’t feel good on the lips after a few minutes. I’ve bought two colors and while the colors were very nice the formulas of both were not impressive. The formula feels like a cheap drugstore balm. #44 was a very pretty nude pink, and felt fine at first but after a few minutes it felt slippery all over my lips like Vaseline or something you would expect from a drugstore. Then it dried out after 10 minutes and I could feel every line and flake on my lips, seemingly worse than if I had nothing The cases are like art, but I can’t justify the price for mostly a gorgeous case and scent. Ive had Rimmel, Revlon and Loreal lip products that felt better :/

on 8/14/2018 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Okay. Is this worth $40? Of course not. Do I care? Of course not! This is an absolutely gorgeous lipgloss/stain. I have it in #8Pink in Confidence, a soft, luminous pink and in #9Nude in Private, a peachy, natural MLBB color. Love them both. Tried #44, but it looks very muddy on. This formula is very unique in that it seems like a gloss, but doesn’t bleed at all and lasts quite well. Even when it’s worn off, it leaves a nice soft stain behind. Not to mention the beautiful tube it comes in!! If you want subtle, beautiful lips get this.

Bought this in No 44 - Its an amazing color and I have bought a few more as this is such a perfect 'Lip' shade and a very soft shade of pink. It is nourishing for lips and although it is not a lasting lipstick, it is one that I wear every day. I just hope they never discontinue this color. Gorgeous and of course, amazingly lovely packaging. Looks like a jewel case - But, there is no dupe for this one in cheaper lipsticks. The 'In-oil' formula and colour are unique to YSL.

on 9/25/2017 11:20:00 PM

Perfect For daily use

on 9/3/2017 9:09:00 AM

I just don' t get what' s to rave about?! I believe it's just a bunch of women mesmerized by the gorgeous and fancy looking packaging, but that's all what this lipstick does.
I bought it because I was conviced by so many women that it' s the most wonderful lipstick. Yes, when I tried it out at the store, it seemed watery, but I was so overwhelmed by the feedback of others...
And then I realized how I have wasted my money! First, the odour and taste. It smelled like fruity perfume (melon-ish?), which I personally am not much into, but that wouldn' t be the biggest issue. The issue here is that it also tastes like a perfume.
Formula - extremely watery! I wouldn' t mind if it just faded in an hour, but before it does, it bleeds off from the lips around the mounth. It' s not that much visible if you don' t move your lips, but if you talk, drink or even dare to squeeze your lips together and rub the lipstick in... Well, Girl, I warn you! You' ll end up with mess from the nose to the chin!
The color is quite transparent, and you cannot easily build it up other than applying, blotting, reapplying, blotting, reapplying... If you don' t blot, it will bleed off rightaway!
Eventually it laid in my lipstick drawer for a year and I decided to find a way how to use it, because my son was craving to play with that beautiful tube, otherwise it' d be a huge mess everywhere. I applied, blotted, reapplied, blotted, reapplied... and eventually the listpistick run over in less than two weeks!

on 6/12/2017 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just purchased #42 and LOVE!! It is a clear white gloss like no other. Texture is unique for s gloss. It makes my lips look NATURALLY dewy not super shiny like liquid gloss or waxy or thick likes balm.

Cons,:. Pricey for the amount you get and only lasts a few hours and need to reapply.

Extra points....you can apply to cheeks for a perfect dewy look as well

on 5/20/2017 2:23:00 PM

This is the most exquisite product. I love everything about it. The packaging is beautiful, and I love seeing it in my bag or on my vanity. So luxurious. It even feels good in my hand. I have many of the colors and love them all. They are sheer enough that even the brightest ones don't look gaudy. I do find my lips dry out but I just apply some balm before lipstick and then again later when they they feel dry again. This lipstick looks great when first applied, but it also leaves a nice stain on the lips and looks good many hours later. I cannot say enough good about it, it is my favorite makeup product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought 2 of this , like everyone I was attracted to the super gorgeous packaging. Its one of the best packaging ever .Many japanese girls love posting this in their instragram.

Today Im gonna review one of them which is number 8 , Pink in confidence. If you prefer the very natural look, this color would be great as its slightly glossy with specks of glitter and gives a very natural pinkish tone. It smells really really nice, I love the smell.

However, I find it quite drying on my lips and yes like the other reviewers it does not last.

Overall, its not really worth it, just a pretty lipstick to sit in your vanitiy. I doubt I will bear to throw this away after it expires. If not for the dry texture, I would probably use more of it. If you love collecting pretty lipsticks, this is for you.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love YSL waterproof mascara and was excited to try their lipstick. Saks gave me a free sample that is just too cute! The YSL container is beautiful even with the sample. I love the lipstick color is displayed on the outside of the container so you know right away which color. I received #49 free which is a coral color. This is not a color I would ever wear, but free, I thought I would at least give it a try at home. In public, it is just not the right color for me. I would not recommend #49 unless you are very pale.

The smell is amazing. It is a light fragrance that is cross between mango and orange. Keep small children away since they might try to eat it. I have sensitive skin and this does not cause any problems. I end up applying this all day long because I just love the smell of the product. As it hits your warm lips, the smell just flushes into your nose and makes you whisper to yourself yummy... but it does not taste anymore as good as it smells.

The product glides on very nicely. It is very oily and shiny. I would consider this product more of a lipgloss than lipstick. I applied on bare lips and it felt like it was just going to glide right off. While it did not glide right off, it does transfer to glass rims and people. After the shine comes off, your lips are nicely stained by the color, which I personally like. I also like the fact that the product in the container stays put. Other lipsticks that are glossy tend to break off and then you have to use a brush to apply. This is tough product. I leave screwed it all the way open to see if it would budge or break off, nope. I prefer to apply this after I line my lips. That seems to help it not glide off my lips.

This does keep my lips moisturized all day long. Make sure to exfoliate any dead skin cells before applying. The product almost feels like it is massaging my lips all day. The color is not long lasting, but somehow the product still continues to moisturize when it appears to be gone.

The color selection is limited, I did not find a color that I really like. To be honest with you, the price of the product is not worth it. There are better lipsticks out there for half the price. Okay, you won't get the fabulous smell, but that is okay with me.

on 1/16/2017 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

YSL has such gorgeous packaging. It's probably one of my favorites among all the high-end brands. The Rouge Volupte Shine lipsticks on my vanity look like glimmering jeweled treasures in the sea of black and white packaging that most of my makeup collection seems to be housed in. Not that black and white is bad at all, but these lipsticks really stand out from the crowd.

If you've ever tried the YSL Tint-in-Oil treatment and desired more pigmentation out of those, then the Rouge Volupte Shines would appeal to you. The formulas aren't really that similar (the Tint-in-Oils are like an oil/non-sticky gloss that initially has a super wet-looking finish, while the Rouge Volupte Shines are like a slippery, highly pigmented lip balm), but I find that as they dry down they both leave the same moisturizing satin stain. It's a very forgiving formula that is easy to apply and looks great on the lips no matter what - and also leave your lips feeling healthy and moisturized afterwards. You can go sheer or pack on the layers without any problems. Lasting time is about a couple of hours for the shine to disappear but the resulting stain lingers for several hours after that. And of course, the brand's signature mango scent is present here, although I didn't find it to be as strong in this lipstick as some of their other ones.

This is a nice lipstick, and I appreciate its comfortable, hydrating qualities, but I feel like I'm almost more drawn to the packaging than the contents itself. It's a great formula, but if the exterior looked crappy I would never dare to spend $37 on it.