Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine

4.5

on 5/14/2016 3:58:00 PM

This review is for the new oil in stick formula released spring 2016. Shades 44 (Lavaliere Nude) and 47 (Beige Blouse) both nude, MLBB! In fact they are pretty much identical! what can say, I needed them both in my life! 44 being just a fraction paler than 47.
To me these are just heaven in lipstick form, I find them to be very well pigmented for a balmy/glossy lipstick. Staying power isn't magnificent but that's to be expected with this type of formula and it certainly makes up for it in other ways! The older I get (34) the more I try to steer clear of matte formulations in lipstick form - I don't find them to be very flattering on my fairly thin lips and don't like anything that's accentuates those pesky fine lines around the lip. These are just beautiful, they have a lovely plumping effect, the colour glides on so smoothly, I find them to leave a very even and flattering stain to the lip once the juicy, glossy effect wears off. Honestly I can't rave about these enough! The packaging is divine! I own A LOT of lipsticks and YSL packaging takes some beating.
My one and only gripe about the lipstick if I was being really picky is the scent - im not a big fan - I can't decide whether it's mango, melon or peachy in scent - however, I'm not keen. I get over though as formulation, shade range and packaging make up for it.
I can't imagine anyone disappointed with these lipsticks.

on 5/12/2016 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have this lipstick in #8 (a pinky color) and I absolutely love it. The sheer formula is really nice and looks fantastic on the lips. #8 is the perfect "your lips but better" shade for me and it goes with every makeup look. It doesn't last a long time, but no sheer lipsticks really do. It looks beautiful when it is on though. Even when it's gone, it leaves a pretty stain on the lips. The packaging is gorgeous, that goes without saying. I think it's worth the price. It adds a kind of beautiful sheen I haven't seen out of other sheer lipsticks I have. I'm definitely looking to get some other shades. I think an orange shade would add a really nice fresh tint to the lips.

To Read all 78 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/5/2016 12:19:00 PM

I purchased #15 Coral Intuitive. The color is soft peach. It is quite sheer so I have to apply multiple times on my lips in order to get full color. Unfortunately, it does not last long, either.

The fragrance is quite noticeable. Nice mango smell at first. But I get bothered by it when I eat. It is just too strong for me. The packaging is super high quality.

This is a nice lipstick. But I am not loving enough to repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the Rouge Volupte Shine oil-in-stick #43 Rose Rive Gauche.
I exchanged Bobbi Brown's Soft Rose lipstick for this as the BB lipstick can be rather drying and emphasize my lips lines.

The Rouge Volupte shine lipsticks are much more forgiving. Yes, they're not as creamy or pigmented as other lipsticks so it's a trade off.
I can't wear anything long wearing anymore because they make me look older plus the drying factor.
At least YSL lipsticks have that luxurious packaging so I don't mind taking it out in public to re-apply my lipstick.

Rose Rive Gauche is described as a smoky rose according to Sephora and it's fairly accurate. It does have coral undertones which is the perfect combination for me.
The Oil in stick lip products are supposed to be made of 65% oils and within four weeks, I should see my lips looking visibly healthy and more nourished.

I've learned not to buy into the marketing ploys but rather, how does this lipstick make my lips feel and look?

Does it make my lips looks dry and aged? No and that's an important consideration for my nearly 50 year old lips.

Does it look like my lips but better? Yes, most definitely and this was the primary reason why I bought it. I want that 'my lips but better' look for the spring/summer months when I wear less makeup. I love wearing it with Dior's 773 Paradise lip gloss for a bit more colour and oomph to my lips.

Is it worth the $40 CAD? That's all subjective and how much you're willing to spend on a lipstick. This is probably my absolute limit for a lipstick and I'd spend if I knew I'd wear the colour regularly. (one lipstick deducted for the steep price)

I'll probably use this lipstick rather quickly compared to others because I'll be applying it more often because of the sheerness.
A worthwhile investment for the look it gives me.

on 4/9/2016 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this lipstick! I got #44 (Nude) and it is light pinky-nude color, looks amazing and lasts long enough - about two hours. I love that these lipsticks are very creamy and moisturizing, the best formula ever!
The cons - very expensive ($45 incl. tax, in Canada) and it smells pretty bad. I am not sure if it's supposed to be melon scent or other, but for me it is very unpleasant an way too much. I wish it was lighter scented or no scent at all.

on 4/8/2016 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got my tube of this because I felt like spoiling myself a little, and both it and the Glossy Stain exceeded my expectations. I have this in #18 Prune in Fire and it's gorgeous. The perfect sheer medium plum. It applies evenly and builds up to a moderate opacity--it never gets fully opaque, but this is a sheer and I don't expect it to! This is one of only a few lipsticks I've tried that I can truly call "moisturizing." Some others moisturize at first but leave me chapped later, and this never does. It fades in a very natural way, despite how dark the color is. I wouldn't replace it the instant it's gone, but I would definitely consider buying another tube at some point.

on 4/5/2016 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I just don't get the hype! It's a sheer gel lipstick, reasonably good color given the texture but nothing special. I HATE the fragrance. Is it supposed to be melon? It reminds me of Childrens medicine - overly sweet & fake, and it hangs around! I have 13 - pink in Paris

My favourite lipstick!!! I've been using it every single day!
I own #06- Pink in devotion, and it smells amazing (reminds me of watermelon), is super moisturizing (I usually have dry lips, and this product does wonders!) and has a fantastic pigmentation! It is so hard to pick a color, since every color is so beautiful!
The package is wonderful, girly and chic! It is definitely worth every cent!

on 3/19/2016 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Number 8 "pink in confidence" is my 'my lips but better'. It glides on, smells like mangos, and is luxurious to hold and apply. It is expensive, but worth it in my opinion because I have never found a shade and formula that looks so gorgeous on me even without foundation. If you have pale skin, and pinkish-mauve lips and you are looking for an everyday, natural but polished lip product, then this may also be the one for you.

on 11/8/2015 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is one of the best lip colors i've tried yet and i've tried many. buildable light-full coverage. pigmented. longlasting. gives a nice stain after it wears off. moisturizing. pretty packaging. nice melon scent. gorgeous range of shades. price is on the expensive side. but it's sooo worth it. i'm in love. definitely repurchasing.