Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

4.5

on 11/20/2013 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I wanted a pink lipstick but it's hard to find the perfect pink for my nw45 skintone. CVS had Rimmell on clearance so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it. It'sTHE perfect pink for me. It's pink but not too pink so it doesn't look too crazy on my skintone. The thing I loved most about it was that it was not super dry like my MAC matte lipsticks. I actually didn't like Mac matte lipsticks and was turned off of all matte lipsticks because of MAC.

Anyway, I find it best when I line it with Mac Currant or Nightmoth. I also find that I don't have to put gloss over it if I don't want to because it doesn't have that chalky weird too light color like a lot of pinks.

If you're a brown girl and want a pretty pink, this is it.

on 10/9/2013 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This is a beautiful warm-toned pink lipstick. It doesn't look clownish against my NW45 complexion and works great as a very natural lip color. I tend to pair it with a soft brown lip liner for a nude lip look. I use a plum or burgundy liner if I want a slightly more vibrant look.

The matte formula is fantastic on me. I have used this without a lip balm underneath and it lasted for over 4 hours with minimal fading (even after eating and drinking). It did not leave my lips too dry. When I use a balm underneath, it still lasts approx. 4 hours but is less drying on my lips. The matte finish is so pretty and natural with this color. I do occasionally use a clear gloss over the top when I want to change up the look, but this is one of the few matte pinks that looks great as-is on my skin.

There is a very strong scent. I don't mind it myself, but it can be off-putting to people sensitive to fragrance. It's a kind of floral/fruity scent....my daughter says it smells like lotion. I personally prefer unscented cosmetics, but this scent hasn't negatively affected me as of yet.

The packaging is basic and sleek. I like the red case with the Kate signature. The top is sturdy and doesn't come off in my purse.

I give this high marks....I wear this almost every day with a variety of make-up looks.