TRESemme Keratin Smooth Conditioner

TRESemme Keratin Smooth Conditioner

3.6

This has been the year of keratin for me. I discovered it through Hask and my hair got softer and better throughout the entire year. I respond usually very well to any shampoo and conditioner combination and I was always curious about TRESemme, but hesitated because if this combo didn't work out, I'd be stuck with these two huge bottles. They JUST fit in my shower which is a relief, but I do wish these came in a small size- something much smaller so I could have tried them first. I can't talk very much about the shampoo on its own because I use the shampoo and conditioner together. Afterwards, my hair is very soft and has a lot of body. I can go a little longer without shampooing again which means that this enormous bottle will last me even longer than I had anticipated. I'm really pleased with this but I do wish that the bottles were smaller, just so I could feel less guilty about experimenting with other brands:)

on 5/21/2017 12:26:00 AM

I love this product. The smell is pleasant and stays after washing. Does not dry out my hair. I have super long hair and it does a terrific job at detangling. I have a sensitive scalp and this is one of the only brands that doesn't make it itch. I am switching to Tresemme's color care product because this one does not prolong my color any longer than regular conditioner. If I didn't have colored hair I would still be using this. Great bang for your buck.

on 11/15/2016 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

Ok this review is going to be weird and uncomfortable but I need to write it....

I used an entire bottle of conditioner and half another bottle of conditioner before I realized I was in huge trouble.

This stuff is great on my hair, smells wonderful, makes it full and soft. Love it! BUT after a few days I developed some redness and irritation in my um ... in my lady parts... seriously. I wash my hair in the shower so whatever goes in my hair runs over all my skin.

I didn't put two and two together and since I have NO history of even a mild yeast infection I was seriously worried! This went on for 2 weeks to the point of my skin blistering and peeling. Intense itching, pain, redness that was spreading rapidly to my legs!

I was treating my skin and wracking my brain....has ANYTHING changed? Same clothes, same laundry soap, same body wash etc...

I used up the whole bottle of conditioner, then bought my regular Tresseme formula (the basic formula for dry damaged hair) because I couldn't find the Keratin Smooth. My blistered peeling skin healed!! Completely went away 100%. Relief!!

After a few weeks I needed more conditioner so I bought the Keratin Smooth again not realizing I am allergic! Within 3 days swelling, itching, pain, redness, burning.

Now I was catching on to what was happening! I went back to other conditioners and the problem was 100% gone in a few days.

To test my theory I used it one day out of the blue and by that night all the pain and redness was back.

So I won't ever use this in the shower again! Washing my hair in the sink maybe, but never where it will run down my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love tresemme products! This one is really good, really makes your hair soft and nice to touch. Also smells really good (like all the tresemme products). You should be careful not to use too much and make sure to rinse all properly if you have thin fine hair like me, otherwise you'll end up with greasy hair

This leaves your hair feeling really soft and silky, but if you're looking for a conditioner that repairs your hair - this is not it! I bought it for the purpose of repair and it didn't do anything else than to normally condition my hair. Would buy again when my hair is in a super healthy state!

Leaves my hair nice and soft. Makes detangling a breeze. I interchange this with the ION Repair conditioner from Sally's.

on 12/22/2015 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I used both the shampoo and conditioner so I'm not sure if one caused this or both, but this is the worst thing to ever happen to my hair. I am born with the thick, shiny, 2b indian waves that women dream of. Two months of using this and I've had two people commit on my hair getting thinner, breakage so bad that my hairline is covered in flyaways, and it looks like there is a bald spot on the back of my head. I stopped using this a month ago and my hair is still thinning and breaking because of how damaged it became. It also knocked my curls straight out.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this conditioner, its currently my HG and I wished they will never discontinue it because I will cry. I use this together with the keratin shampoo which I love as well and this combo makes my hair so smooth and soft and healthy. I get compliments all the time on healthy my hair look. This conditioner defrizzes my hair and keep it from having flyways. I also notice less hair breakage or fallout with this conditioner. It also kept my hair dye intact for quite some time.

Just some background of my hair, its shoulder length and dyed a medium brown. I dye my roots every 8 weeks as it grows out and redye my hair every six months as the color fades. I always get them done at the salon. I never heat style my hair at all, I typically leave my hair to dry naturally and I wash my hair everyday. Treatment wise, I apply coconut oil to the ends of my hair every night and do a DIY deep treatment conditioner mask once every 2 weeks.

on 8/7/2015 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I use the shampoo, conditioner and serum in this line and it has made my hair noticeably smoother, softer and less frizzy. I buy the pack of 32oz bottles (shampoo and conditioner) with pumps at Sam's club for $10 or so and they last forever. The serum I get at Walmart or shoprite and I first got it because it was the most affordable serum and I continue to buy it because it's working wonders in my hair. If you have dry, frizzy hair, this is the product for you!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've tried a variety of different drug-store conditioners over the years, and this one by far is my favorite. Its about ($6-$8 Canadian) and does a great job at keeping my hair soft.

My advice for using this product is to really massage it into the hair, and let it sit for about 5 minutes before rinsing. My hair loves soaking it up!

I had platinum blonde hair when I discovered this product and it helped keep it relatively healthy. However, I also only use shampoo every second or third wash in pair with this product. On the days I showered and didn't use shampoo I would just wash my hair with this conditioner. Love it! I will continue buying this product.