Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer

Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer
Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer

3.9

Aqua, Cyclomethicone, Alcohol Denat., Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Tapioca Starch, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower, Extract, Propylene Glycol, Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer, Sodium Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Isostearate, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Parfum

on 4/10/2017 2:33:00 PM

This is by far the WORST primer I have ever used. It's very hydrating, but it's very thick and leaves a film on your skin. You need to rub it in a lot in order for it to dry down, and by that point it begins to pill. It makes makeup almost impossible to blend and remove, and if you try to blend it, it just gets streaky and balls up. Everything looks cakey and gross. It's awful.

on 12/11/2016 12:33:00 PM

I have this product for dry skin (I picked the wrong one up, or so I thought).After using this product daily for about 2 weeks I've realised just how dry my skin was, I use this every morning before I apply my make-up and it makes my skin so much softer and makes my make-up last for about 16 hours before i need to touch it up. I highly recommend it. :)

I really love this Primer!
I don't wear makeup and so i don;t know if it's a good makeup primer but I use this after i've applied SPF which usually makes my face oily but this primer mattifies and makes my skin look lovely! <33

on 11/30/2015 12:05:00 AM

At first I really enjoyed using this product. I liked wearing it with and without foundation. After a couple of weeks I noticed it had started making my foundation come off within a short amount of time and made me feel very self conscious. I also noticed it started making my skin a lot more "flaky" and dry so I stopped using it with my foundation. I still sometimes use it if I'm just around the house as it does make my skin soft but will definitely never wear it with foundation again.
On the other hand, I love the packaging, it comes in a simple glass jar with a plastic lid and comes in an extra small box. The price is also very good and no more than £5.00.

on 11/5/2015 5:14:00 PM

I bought this assignment nivea is a big trusted brand (I bought the pink one) but was really disappointed. It peels off when I try to apply my foundation.
I wash my face and make sure it's clean and dry before applying primer and make sure my primer had dried before applying my foundation so don't really understand why it peels. It also makes my skin feel heavy like it has a layer of film.
Wouldnt recommend to a friend.

If I ever stop using this product, it's probably because I'm dead. I have sensitive, fair Irish skin complete with mild acne rosacea. I wear foundation most days and have for several years now. Until I started using this, I had no idea my make-up could last so long. I only need to top up areas like my nose or chin usually about mid to late afternoon, having applied my make-up early that morning. The sensitive form of this primer never breaks me out, in fact it seems to keep my skin in better check. Did I mention that I use this almost every day and I'm just about halfway through a tub two months later? You really need so little to cover your face and it's extraordinarily cheap. I honestly cannot recommend this enough, it's one of my beauty staples.

on 8/10/2015 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have to write this review because this baby doesn't get enough love. Mine is the pink version for dry skin, even though I have combination skin with dry patches, this still works for me.
As previous reviewers have pointed out, you will find pieces of skin and foundation flaked off your face, but that's ONLY IF you didn't rub those dead skin off carefully in the first place. I think it's supposed to do that, or that's what I use it for, a moisturiser and a mild exfoliator in one.
I live in a subtropical region that's got crazy humid hot summer, and chilling winter that's so dry, my skin cracks and bleeds. For real. This do wonders to my dead face in the winter, I apply liberally and take time to gently rub it into my skin, as well as getting rid of all the clumps of dead skin on my face. My skin just feels soft, fresh, hydrated and alive, I don't even want to put on anything after that, just stand there and pinch my own face, because it feels so so nice. My foundation goes on so much smoother after this. However, it offers no oil control, but my skin produces less oil in the winter anyway, so I don't mind.
In the summer I'm a lot more oily, so I cannot use this on a daily basis. Except for when I'm on my period, all the moisture seems to simply leave me during that time, and my skin is dead, dry and flaky. This works for me the same way in the winter, but since it does not mattify and does not control oil, I have to blot quite often.
But let's be real, faces make oil, and the summer here is harsh - unless you got some comfy office job sitting in an air-conditioned office cubicle all day. I can live with oily skin, but I cannot live with white flakes and patchy white rings of dead patches of dead skin on my nose and on my cheeks. So I absolutely adore this product. Besides, it lasts forever on me (I open mine some time in early December last year, I still got about more than a half jar left), even though it doesn't come cheap where I live, it's still cheaper than a lot of other more well known, better advertised products. The smell is quite strong, but it goes away as soon as it dries (I am strongly beginning to suspect the 'fragrance additives will make you break out' is just another scare tactic). The texture is not gel like, it's actually more jelly-like, you wouldn't think a dip on a finger would be much, but actually it blends out easily and my skin absorbs it just fine. Admittedly, the heavy glass jar is not travel friendly, but honestly I don't reapply my moisturiser outside of my home, and if I do fly with it, I simply get a few teaspoon out in a separate small plastic tub. Plus it's hella sturdy and classy, I can see myself reusing it for various other purposes after it runs out.
In conclusion, nothing, but love, for the Nivea Express Hydration primer. I hope I can find somewhere to repurchase it in the oily skin, blue capped version to try out, but anyway, I have to finish this jar first.

on 8/1/2015 7:39:00 AM

This is a fantastic primer for several reasons. It is very affordable. I think i paid 4 for my jar at Christmas and there's still over half of it left. It out performs many high end primers I've tried such as Smashbox and Benefit. This keeps my make up looking fresh for a good 8 - 10 hours which is great. It almost feels like it has cooling properties that awaken the skin and freshens it up in the morning.

However, there is quite a strong fragrance that I would prefer it not to have - but that's not a huge issue. If you dislike fragranced face products though you might want to give this one a miss. Also the packaging is slightly annoying - it's a large (but oh so pretty) glass jar that is hard to carry with you when travelling and is extremely unhygienic as you're dipping your finger into the pot each morning and loads of air is getting in to the product. But for 4 can we really complain?

Definitely reccommend this primer - I use the one for dry skin with the pink lid. I noticed I was getting dry patches on my face around lunchtime before I started using this but since discovering this primer these horrid dry patches are no more. Thanks Nivea!

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Amazing product even for oily skin, it is moisturizing leaves skin feeling smooth and nourishes and ready for makeup application

on 3/31/2015 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this product!
I have the sensitive version (the pink one), i bought it for around 4-5 pounds on sale (40-50 kr.) and I live in Denmark so that's cheap for 50 ml. I does what it says, I get a better finish and my makeup lasts longer. The only con is the packing, it's a glass bottle which makes i heavy to carry around... I much prefer tubs :) But other than that I am absolutely loving this product and will properly repurchase it once I run out.