LUSH Happy happy joy joy

LUSH Happy happy joy joy

3.6

I really enjoy the scent. It is a light conditioner and I find it works better with a shampoo that is conditioning like the Godiva shampoo bar. I have bought it twice.

on 4/14/2016 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can see why a lot of people don't enjoy this product, but to be fair, so can Lush themselves. That's why on the bottle of the product, it describes itself as a conditioning hair perfume. So, if you are looking for your run of the mill moisturizing conditioner product then this will not be your cup of tea.

The primary function of Happy Happy Joy Joy is that it is a hair perfume. A hair perfume with conditioning properties. It is ideal for someone like myself that has greasy hair that cannot cope with heavy conditioning products. It doesn't weigh my hair down and it offers the minimum qualities of a conditioner (restoring shine and moisture). I'd also recommend this to all you vegans out there as it is a vegan, cruelty free conditioning product.. something which is increasingly hard to find in this day and age.

I haven't even mentioned Happy Happy Joy Joy's greatest asset. It's fragrance! The lady in the shop described it as uplifting and energizing which I would completely agree with. It is happiness in a bottle. It's a hard to pin down the scent, but a bouquet of beautiful fresh flowers comes to mind. And yes, the scent lingers in my hair all day.

Personally, I would repurchase this and I would recommend this to all of you who struggle with the woes of greasy hair.

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The main reason to buy this is the fragrance. It hasn't any overly moisturizing properties, really, unless you have very heavy/thick hair or very thin hair, and want just a slight boost, that will not weigh it down. The hair is left shiny and easy to detangle, but I don't think it justifies the price.
It is much more moisturizing than American Cream, surprisingly.
The fragrance is divine. It is not overwhelming, but instead super refreshing, heavenly, well-balanced, and beautiful. Floral, but not oppressively so.
I will only recommend this if you mix it in with a palmful of any other (non-fragrant, or non-heavily fragranced) conditioner. This way it will last longer and you will get more moisturizing benefits than if you were to use it on its own. Even a very cheap conditioner will do as long as it's not fragranced. This product is nothing but a luxury--worth it if you are as enamoured with the scent as I am. Not a necessity by any means.
I want to try this as a leave-in conditioner, the consistency seems good for that. Will update if that happens.

I feel like this stripped my hair a lot. Especially while using it in conjunction with 'I Love Juicy'. It smells freaking weird. Like flowers but not pretty smelling flowers. It did not make my hair feel any better.

American Cream is the better conditioner Lush has to offer.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Ohhhhhhh I am in love with the smell of this conditioner!!! I can't stop sniffing my hair :D. I've gotten lots of compliments on how I smell since I started using it! I took off one lippie because it's kind of lightweight and I really need a heavier conditioner

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

neroli is like catnip to me so naturally i adore the smell. it lingers very nicely & when i use this i sniff my hair a lot to get more of that intoxicating scent. it's addictive. it is very strong tho, so not for everyone. smell aside, it's a pretty nice light conditioner w/ a thin, spreadable texture. works well for my fine & wavy hair, could also make a nice leave-in for thicker hair. 1 of my all-time fave lush products.

on 9/24/2014 11:42:00 PM

I have fine hair, and am always looking to add volume. I purchased Happy Happy Joy Joy along with Big (shampoo), and the two work great together.

Happy Happy Joy Joy is a lightweight conditioner that I use for detangling and shine. I love that it's not heavy or greasy, and does not weigh my hair down. It adds tons of volume and shine. My hair looks shiny, smooth and bouncy. And the scent is to die for! Sooooooooo intoxicating ........ and it lasts forever. I seriously cannot stop smelling my hair. This is good stuff! :)

First things first, this is not a conditioner you should use if you actually need some moisture in your hair. My sister has thin hair that tends to get greasy, so this worked perfect for her. I, on the other hand, have thick and dry curly hair. The reason I rated it a 4 still is because it makes my hair smell SO GOOD. With my hair, I only shampoo and condition about twice a week and the good smells usually wear off. With Happy Happy Joy Joy, I mix it with a heavier conditioner and my hair smells lovely all the way up until I wash it again. So basically, use this as a hair perfume! I buy the smaller container because a little goes a long way for the smell.

I love the smell of this but it is too thin for my thick hair. I mix it with Mixed Greens by MOP so i get the benefits of a proper conditer but the smell of the Joy.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm sad to read all of the bad reviews! I purchased this conditioner on a whim. I hadn't smelled it or anything; however, I'm really enjoying it. I have very long, fine, straight hair. Truthfully, I don't need much extra moisture. I don't feel that I need to use much of this at all for it to do the job. I only use this conditioner on the ends of my hair, from the ears down really. When I'm in the shower, the conditioner does feel a bit sticky. It doesn't feel like it's doing much, but when I get out, I really can tell a difference! My hair detangles quickly and it smells amazing! I really am loving this stuff, and I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase! My only complaint is the price. But, it's full of good ingredients, it smells absolutely divine (and it really lingers), plus, it does work for my fine hair. Both my boyfriend and his mother have tried this and they both liked it as well! I think this would work best for fine or thin hair, not too curly, frizzy, or anything like that.