LUSH Happy happy joy joy

LUSH Happy happy joy joy
Happy happy joy joyHappy happy joy joy

3.5

Rose Water (Rosa centifolia) , Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus Aurantium dulcis) , Almond Milk (Prunus dulcis) , Propylene Glycol , Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Cold Pressed Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis) , Fragrance , Cetrimonium Bromide , Cetearyl Alcohol , Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara) , Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi) , Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium amara) , Rosewood Oil (Aniba rosaeodora) , Rose Oil (Rosa damascena) , Glycerine , Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin) , Geraniol , Hydroxycitronellol , *Limonene , *Linalool , *Citronellol .

on 1/20/2017 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this conditioner. It detangles beautifully, leaves my hair full of bouncy curls, and, best of all, it smells like orange blossoms! It's my dream-come-true conditioner.

I read the product description before buying and understood this would not be moisturizing (it's not). I bought this solely for the purpose of it being a hair perfume. Unfortunately, this smelled exactly like sunscreen to me. I know scent is a personal preference, and I definitely wanted to love Happy Happy Joy Joy but I didn't. Now, if Lush decides to turn Rose Jam into a hair perfume I would be ecstatic!

on 12/14/2016 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I agree with the reviewers that say that this is not a moisturizing shampoo, and yes indeed, Lush describes this as a Conditioning Hair Perfume, so we have to be fair. It indeed isn't very hydrating, and that's why I don't like it as much. Don't care too much about the scent, too. Got this as a present when I still worked for Lush, and wasn't a fan.

Pro:
- natural ingredients
- recyclable packaging
- cruelty free

Con:
- not moisturizing
- not a good conditioner for long, dry hair

I really enjoy the scent. It is a light conditioner and I find it works better with a shampoo that is conditioning like the Godiva shampoo bar. I have bought it twice.

on 4/14/2016 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I can see why a lot of people don't enjoy this product, but to be fair, so can Lush themselves. That's why on the bottle of the product, it describes itself as a conditioning hair perfume. So, if you are looking for your run of the mill moisturizing conditioner product then this will not be your cup of tea.

The primary function of Happy Happy Joy Joy is that it is a hair perfume. A hair perfume with conditioning properties. It is ideal for someone like myself that has greasy hair that cannot cope with heavy conditioning products. It doesn't weigh my hair down and it offers the minimum qualities of a conditioner (restoring shine and moisture). I'd also recommend this to all you vegans out there as it is a vegan, cruelty free conditioning product.. something which is increasingly hard to find in this day and age.

I haven't even mentioned Happy Happy Joy Joy's greatest asset. It's fragrance! The lady in the shop described it as uplifting and energizing which I would completely agree with. It is happiness in a bottle. It's a hard to pin down the scent, but a bouquet of beautiful fresh flowers comes to mind. And yes, the scent lingers in my hair all day.

Personally, I would repurchase this and I would recommend this to all of you who struggle with the woes of greasy hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The main reason to buy this is the fragrance. It hasn't any overly moisturizing properties, really, unless you have very heavy/thick hair or very thin hair, and want just a slight boost, that will not weigh it down. The hair is left shiny and easy to detangle, but I don't think it justifies the price.
It is much more moisturizing than American Cream, surprisingly.
The fragrance is divine. It is not overwhelming, but instead super refreshing, heavenly, well-balanced, and beautiful. Floral, but not oppressively so.
I will only recommend this if you mix it in with a palmful of any other (non-fragrant, or non-heavily fragranced) conditioner. This way it will last longer and you will get more moisturizing benefits than if you were to use it on its own. Even a very cheap conditioner will do as long as it's not fragranced. This product is nothing but a luxury--worth it if you are as enamoured with the scent as I am. Not a necessity by any means.
I want to try this as a leave-in conditioner, the consistency seems good for that. Will update if that happens.

I feel like this stripped my hair a lot. Especially while using it in conjunction with 'I Love Juicy'. It smells freaking weird. Like flowers but not pretty smelling flowers. It did not make my hair feel any better.

American Cream is the better conditioner Lush has to offer.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Ohhhhhhh I am in love with the smell of this conditioner!!! I can't stop sniffing my hair :D. I've gotten lots of compliments on how I smell since I started using it! I took off one lippie because it's kind of lightweight and I really need a heavier conditioner

on 9/24/2014 11:42:00 PM

I have fine hair, and am always looking to add volume. I purchased Happy Happy Joy Joy along with Big (shampoo), and the two work great together.

Happy Happy Joy Joy is a lightweight conditioner that I use for detangling and shine. I love that it's not heavy or greasy, and does not weigh my hair down. It adds tons of volume and shine. My hair looks shiny, smooth and bouncy. And the scent is to die for! Sooooooooo intoxicating ........ and it lasts forever. I seriously cannot stop smelling my hair. This is good stuff! :)

First things first, this is not a conditioner you should use if you actually need some moisture in your hair. My sister has thin hair that tends to get greasy, so this worked perfect for her. I, on the other hand, have thick and dry curly hair. The reason I rated it a 4 still is because it makes my hair smell SO GOOD. With my hair, I only shampoo and condition about twice a week and the good smells usually wear off. With Happy Happy Joy Joy, I mix it with a heavier conditioner and my hair smells lovely all the way up until I wash it again. So basically, use this as a hair perfume! I buy the smaller container because a little goes a long way for the smell.