Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Masque

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Masque

3.2

25/01/17 Peter Thomas Roth Website: WATER/AQUA/EAU, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, ANANAS SATIVUS (PINEAPPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, VACCINIUM MYRTILLUS FRUIT/LEAF EXTRACT, CARICA PAPAYA (PAPAYA) FRUIT EXTRACT, ACER SACCHARUM (SUGAR MAPLE) EXTRACT, SACCHARUM OFFICINARUM (SUGAR CANE) EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER OIL, CITRUS LIMON (LEMON) FRUIT EXTRACT, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) FRUIT EXTRACT, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM PCA, ALLANTOIN, GLYCERIN, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CITRIC ACID, CARBOMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, POLYSORBATE 20, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, YELLOW 5 (CI 19140), BLUE 1 (CI 42090). ______6/11/09 Water, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate, Allantoin, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Sodium PCA, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Polysorbate 20, Yellow 5 (Cl 19140), Blue 1 (Cl 42090). 6/11/09Water, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate, Allantoin, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Disodium EDTA, Sodium PCA, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Polysorbate 20, Yellow 5 (Cl 19140), Blue 1 (Cl 42090).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

From an ingredients perspective this looked like a good investment: papaya and pineapple which are renewing, plus some brightening ingredients such as lemon, however in reality I'm not sure it did anything at all. To really give masks a chance to work, I tend to use on consecutive days and allow the effect to build up, although by the end of the week I could not notice any discernable difference compared to day 1. No brightening, not much difference in hydration and skin condition. It's exceptionally rare for me to try a mask that does nothing at all...looks like I may have just found one!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled hundreds of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This felt like I was just rubbing aloe gel all over my face. Nothing special. Didn't see any elaborate effects on my skin afterwards either. Just an overhyped & overpriced jar of aloe gel. It also stings my eyes.

on 10/4/2017 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This mask does nothing when left on for only 10 minutes. It is supposed to hydrate but I see no difference after using it. When I slept in this mask, I found it gave better results than only leaving 10 minutes. But still, it's not worth it.

on 8/26/2017 1:55:00 PM

I received this as a sample in a beauty box I subscribe to.

I've been using it for almost a month now (a few times a week), and I cannot really tell that it does anything at all. I don't notice any depuffing or really any "soothing" as you would expect something cucumber to give you. It's just like I put it on my skin for the recommended time, wipe it off, for absolutely no reason because it doesn't do anything.

I will finish up the tube and update this review if that changes. I know that sometimes with very consistent use, you will start to see benefits from things when maybe you didn't at first. I know this is a quality brand so I was really surprised that so far, this is the most ineffective mask I've ever used.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Was I ever stoked to see this available at Costco for half the price this is sold at Sephora so naturally it was the right time to give in and purchase this mask. Yes it looks like the green aloe vera gel, but it does not feel like it at all. This doesn't feel as cooling to me as others have noted, maybe if I kept it in the fridge yes, but on it's own... nope. The consistency of this gel mask is really nice though, not sticky or too thick like aloe vera gel tends to be which made for a pleasant surprise actually. Easy to apply an even layer all over the skin and easy to remove after 10-15 mins of wear. Skin felt good afterward, not tight, not overly plump, but comfortable and no signs of any negative reaction/redness/etc. I won't put this on my must have list, but am happy to have it (at half price!) and will continue to use it until done. Not likely will I repurchase, but only because I like to try different products and masks are the least used skin care item in my routine. This is not worth the Sephora price, but if you like PTR products and like this gel mask by all means head over to Costco and see if you can score it while it's there.

on 8/9/2017 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HOLY GRAIL!!!
I bought a mask kit from Sephora and I tried a different mask every week. My skin had a lot of redness due to acne and the texture is kinda bad, I suffer from a lot of break outs and "inner" acne (acne below the skin, causing bumps).
After 15 minutes with the first use, my redness was GONE! I was amazed. A few days later the acne below my skin popped out and I was able to pop it without getting scars. The ingredients list is bomb it doesn't harm my skin doesn't break me out it helps a lot with my acne actually and I don't understand why people are saying this does nothing- maybe their skin doesn't need this. My skin is super sensitive and gets irritated by literally everything and this masks SAVED my skin. It leaves my skin soft, plump and just perfect. One time I was at my friends house and we were in the pool and we don't feel like going to look for any sunscreen so I didn't put any SPF on my face and I was slightly burnt (just my face, it's very sensitive, tho I do have dark olive skin) and I used this mask when I got home and my skin didn't have redness no more! No burn!I highly recommend for those with acne, redness, whiteheads, inflammation, bumps on the skin, sunburnt skin, irritated skin.
Obviously if you don't have these concerns, the mask won't help you with the no help you need.
This lasts me forever. I use 3 times a week if not more, and the 50g size lasted me for 3 months, so I'm guessing the 150g size is gonna last for 9-10 months.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I got this in the $25 sampler kit. In regards to the claims, is it refreshing? a bit. Cooling? Not on its own but if you refrigerate it; the PTR Blue Marine Algae is more cooling. Moisturizing? Very lightly. Detoxifying?? No...
Worth getting the full size at that price tag? Not at all.
It's just a very light gel moisturizer for me. I've used it both as a 10-minute mask and an overnight treatment and it didn't do anything special.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

PTR's Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads have become a staple in my skincare routine, so naturally I have high hopes where their other products are concerned. This is just not a hydrating mask, it kind of sits on the skin and dries down rather quickly, and I don't even have dry skin so it usually doesn't take much moisture for a product to satisfy.

It's not irritating to the skin and the gel does have a slight cooling effect, but when I washed it off it left no discernible difference in my skin. I'm not a hater, but really, these masks aren't cheap folks! When I have sheet masks from the 99 cent store that perform better, it's an eye-opener.

As much as I like some other products from this brand, and I most likely will use this mask up because it's on hand, I'm not at a place in my life where I can spend over $50 for a product that isn't making a dramatic difference in my skin (was I ever? Who is?) So, it's a pass from me.

on 3/18/2017 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I received this free as part of the Sephora Beauty Insider birthday gift. It's just an OK gel masque. I like to alternate masks every other night and what I like about it is that it's very lightweight and refreshing. I can imagine this would be nice to take along a beach holiday as a bit of after sun relief. Is it hydrating? Well if you slap a lot on your face, tissue off the excess it seems enough to skip the moisturizer (bear in mind where I live is super humid though). Is it detoxifying as it claims? Well I can't really judge that. I had no adverse impact using this nor any real benefits. Not something I would spend money on when I'm sure there are a bunch of cheaper, more effective mask alternatives.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this mask before I go to sleep when my skin is really dehydrated and dry from treatments, and it works well for me. I exfoliate well and then put on this mask for 30 minutes, remove it with a damp cloth and immediately follow with serum and moisturizer. It makes my skin supple and plumped again. It's just a great way to make your moisturizing routine more efficient!