Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation

Clean Finish Matte, Rimmel London

2.5

on 3/3/2016 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Color: Looks grayish on warm tone skin, even when I was using a shade darker.
Coverage: None to light.
Formula: Too dry, not bendable.
Smell: Perfume - broke out my skin.
Packing: The glass bottle makes it hard to get the product out. Their is a spatula but it's useless.

+ contains witch hazel which could damage collagen.
Reference: http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/rimmel/_/Clean-Finish-Foundation

on 11/5/2015 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is ok for the most part. It has a wand/spatula applicator which I really like because its a thicker foundation in the bottle. Its really easy to control how much you want to put on your face. It covers up redness and blemishes. It does make my pores look smaller, but I don't have big pores. The application is smooth and it does dry down to a matte finish. If I have dry patches however I notice it cakes up around them and makes them look more visible. If I add 3 or more layers I notice it gets cakey and uneven so I like adding 1 or 2 light layers then blend it out with my Elf foundation brush. And I let the layers dry in between. I also notice if I add more than 2 layers in natural sunlight my face looks pink which I don't really like. It doesn't last 12 hours like the claim says. It will look shiny after 8 hours on me with powder. Without powder it will look good for about 6 hours. By the time 12 hours have passed it will break down so its not the longest lasting foundation. Its obviously not oil observing as the claim says because my face gets shiny. Overall I liked the inexpensive price tag and that it makes my face look smooth and it has descent coverage. I would probably not repurchase this and try a different one when I run out. I would recommend if you are on a budget or if you have normal skin.

on 10/14/2015 2:33:00 AM

I purchased this foundation because I have acne prone skin and the advertising claimed it was wonderful for blemishes and to get skin healthy...
Well, I was disappointed.
I'm not sure if it helps acne prone skin because I only used it twice and that was one time too many.
It separates so easily! Nothing but cracks in the foundation and it oxidizes so quickly!
My face was orange in an hour.
I would describe the look as "volcanic rock"
I tossed it in the garbage.
My advice, pay a little extra and go for the Almay Clear Complexion

on 9/9/2015 5:54:00 PM

This was given to me to try for free so I can't complain about the price. The color is in beige I believe but a very warm almost orange beige to be exact. Usually I buy light, fair or in the summer beige but I am never naturally this orange. So thumbs down on color matching....maybe if i tried a lighter one I may like it more. Now my first reaction is...why does it have a spatula....oh because it is so thick there is no way it could be pumped! It dries FAST so thin layers with a sponge or beauty blender work best. It felt oily at first because I wanted to build up a very full coverage. It covers well, doesn't cake around my nose or eyes and does look very matte and pretty after i set it with my photoready powder in a lighter shade to off set the orange. Over all it's ok but i wish it wasn't such a strange shade.

I've used this foundation for about a year, but I've never been happy with it. As a teenager, I struggled with acne and an empty wallet, and I kept buying this foundation because it was cheap and nonetheless looked better than uncovered break-outs. (Mind you, I was relatively nave to the world of other foundations, and thought my issues with this foundation were just annoyances I had to put up with using any foundation)

(FYI: I start with Equate's All-Day Moisturizer, then ELF's Corrective Yellow Concealer over blemishes and under eye circles, apply with fingers and then 'blend' by stippling with a Total Beauty sponge-on-a-stick tool, and then top with Rimmel's Stay Matte pressed powder.)

PROS:
~Cheap, cheap, cheap
~Product seems to last forever
~The spatula is very convenient (sometimes I just shook the bottle, opened it, lifted the spatula and just wiped my fingers on the 'stem' of the spatula rather than the foundation-heavy flat part - this is enough to cover the face)
~Feels light, yet has a relatively moderate-to-full coverage
~Good color selection, (for fair-to-medium shades - honestly, I never look at the deep end of the spectrum because I'm so fair, so not sure what the darker selection looks like. I use 120 which is a great match for me.)
~I have hereditary acne, but never notice that the makeup causes more breakouts.

CONS:
~IT SEPERATES AND SETTLES AND BECOMES BLOTCHY. This is the only con for me but it negates all of the pros in my opinion. It just becomes so obvious that you're wearing makeup, and it settles in every pore. Honestly, it just makes you look like you have no idea what you're doing with makeup.

Luckily, I finally switched to Wet 'n' Wild's Coverall foundation, which, although being slightly more expensive and running out much quicker, is a huge improvement in quality.

on 12/9/2014 5:36:00 PM

So I got this foundation in 130 True Ivory. The tone on the bottle may seem dark, but after playing around with it, it actually goes lighter. I feel like this foundation is a bit thick, i could feel it throughout the day. It also drys out your skin. Overall for the price of 5 dollars at walmart, its not bad. Oh, and it also comes with a spatula attach to the cap, its actually really helpful when applying foundation

on 10/22/2014 8:30:00 PM

This foundation was absolutely horrible . It broke me out and covered none of my blemishes or acne scars. I was excited because of the packaging and price but it just did not work . I work 8 hours a day in a warehouse that is not that hot and this product wore off in 2 hours and looked patchy and horrible . I was embarrassed to be in public with this on my face . Save your 3$ and buy a better foundation

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

In the store, this product seemed too good to be true. Cheap price, and it promised to keep me matte.

It did keep me matte for a good while, six hours was it for me. But I work in fast food and I am around grease and stuff. The price was absolutely amazing!! The first couple of days I wore this, I absolutely loved it. It matched my skin tone and kept me from looking oily for a while. About the third day I wore it, my skin started breaking out. I had acne and started medicine that cleared me up and I haven't broken out again until I wore this!! I thought this would be good for my winter skin tone as my Urban Decay NAKED SKIN foundation was getting too dark and this would be a cheap foundation. Well, back to my expensive foundation until I can find something else. If you have acne prone skin I wouldn't use this. If you have just plain ole oily skin, try it. You might like it. For the price it's unbeatable. But for the sake of my skin, I won't be repurchasing or even finishing the bottle.

Okay, I stopped using this and my skin was still broken out. So I stopped using it and kept using the L' Oreal Youth Code face cream with SPF in it. My face was still broken out. I tried this foundation again, the foundation is definitely medium to full coverage. So if you are looking a for a light coverage, this isn't for you. I think the packaging could have been a little bit better, they could have put it in a mousse foundation container. I think the paddle/spatula the provide works well but it could have been improved. It works though for sanitary issues.

When you first out the foundation on, it looks streaky. But keep applying because it will look better when you're done I promise.

I have extremely oily skin, and this product keeps me matte for about six hours, but I sweat really bad in welding class at school. So six hours isn't too bad. If this product doesn't break me out, I will be repurchasing. Until I figure out for sure what it is breaking me out, I will not repurchase this product. Hope this helps!!

Thought I would give it a shot because if claims to hide 100% of your pores. WRONG. In my t-zone it started to wear off after two hours so I wouldn't recommend it for people with oily skin. This also makes my pores look huge. If you don't blend it enough, it will dry quickly and be hard to try and fix later. The price is great but I would definitely not buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

WHAT THE ACTUAL FLYING FUDGE BROWNIE
I HATE THIS FOUNDATION WITH THE FIRE OF ONE THOUSAND SUNS

I've never actually tried liquid foundation before, only mineral powders. Since I had no actual experience with foundation like this, I decided to try something cheap, since I'm livin' la vida broka.

For some idiotic reason, I expected this foundation to do all the things it claimed to do- offer a flawless, poreless finish, while leaving my skin matte, and not caking up. But I should have realized, was that just like Hitler when he promised not to invade Czechoslovakia,
IT WAS A LIE.

1. The lightest shade left me looking like I had escaped from Willy Wonk's Factory.
2. Getting a flawless cake-free face with this foundation is like trying to baptize a cat. Nearly impossible.
3. Broke me out something horrible.

This may work well for someone who is not acne prone, and uses a darker shade, but for me, it's like a bag of trash.
Actually, it's not even good enough for a bag, it's just a piece of trash. Lying there, all disorganized.
Don't buy this.