4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

I do love this blush - though I don't reach for it as often anymore. Applied very lightly it looks like a very natural flush on my NC 30-35 skin. Worth buying if you like blush because I don't think there is anything quite like it out there. Two stars off packaging because I hate that rubbery packaging of NARS - it always looks dirty. I will have this forever - it would be nice if the compact stayed nice!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 months ago

I am surprised that I had not written a review for Exhibit A, here goes: I am a former commercial makeup artist and there are few things from the civilian retail world that I carry as standard equipment in my tackle box, Exhibit A is one, a true red, not quite a tomato red but not a red with any blue whatsoever. It is universally agreed upon by makeup artists as well as cosmetic companies that everyone looks good in red lipstick and I would expand that by adding a red rouge/blush. I have yet to find a person that does not look good with Exhibit A, from the fairest alabaster to ebony skin tones. I am light with a lot of yellow in my complexion and this wakes up my face and erases the anemic look that I otherwise sport. I apply it with a Mac Duo-fiber blush brush and I consider the correct brush to be essential. P.S. This is being discontinued, so get it while it's hot.

About reviewer (96 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

4 months ago

The second blush in my 20+ years of wearing makeup that I enjoy using. I don't think I would ever try it without watching Wayne's Goss YouTube channel. It looks scary, bright red, but creates the most natural color pop that I can use with any lipstick color. For my light-medium skin, a light hand is a must. It lasts all day when applied over foundation, half-day on bare skin. A staple!

About reviewer (667 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

9 months ago

I needed to revamp my blushes this summer summer since my addiction to faux tan turned my spring nw30 into tipping almost over nc43. So I already own 2 nice hot pink MAC blushes but wanted some warmer options so I chose nars Exhibit A and Taj Mahal (reviewed separately). Exhibit A is great cuz it’s a natural flush and used with a light hand will work any skin tone any season. Yes it’s fire engine red in the pan. It looks so fun to me I guess scary to some, if you’re say an nw20 like I am in the dead of winter just use a slight smidgen. Since it IS the color one flushes naturally, you don’t really have to worry about matching the rest of your makeup to it. Which is nice. It is definitely noticeable on dark skin of you use it like you’d use a “normal” blush (this is a “paranormal” blush Haaaa). Nothing but good things to say. I’ve bought so many pans of orgasm and yes it’s the OG but I needed to branch out into crazy town (or at least stuff that will show up). This isn’t really crazy town on your face. It just looks like it in the pan. No one would regret buying this imo.

About reviewer (389 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

I use a small fluffy fan brush going up my cheek to just below the temple, or a small almond shaped blush brush For Wayne Goss's sexy blush method. For a long time I only used Exhibit "A", Milani Luminoso or Nars Desire; I bought "A" around ten years ago and it still looks basically new. Works as well as it did the day I bought it. It's powder, so don't worry about it expiring. You can hit it with a spray of alcohol once in a while if you're worried. Will probably last a literal lifetime so is great value. Perfect, timeless colour, impossible to go out of style because it looks so natural. Makes my complexion ethereal and radiant. One of the greats.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

a year ago

This is easily my favourite powder blush by far! I recently discovered (by accident) that bright red or coral colours really, really suit me and give me the most beautiful flush of colour. Exhibit A is one of my go-to blushes nowadays. It's very pigmented, so if you're of a lighter complexion you might want to proceed with caution. However, with careful application, this is easily one of the best blushes out there.

About reviewer (237 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Fine

a year ago

This blush is great when you need to finish your look off with the tiniest pop of color. Definitely not a blush to liberally sweep up with a fluffy brush - I learned that the hard way early on. But just a light tap on each cheek gives a really beautiful glow. Since so little is needed this blush will last forever.

About reviewer (140 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

Like others have said you only need the tiniest bit to get a snow white flushed look. I use to love natural beauty by tarte amazonian but ive always felt that one is too pink/fuscia on my nc20 skintone. I much prefer this one which is a true tomato red. Its scary to see and swatch but with a stippling or fan brush it will give you the natural flushed look specially for winter. a trick is to just dab the stippling blush then dab the cheeks gently and swirl. i dont think id ever finish this since i use so little at a time, its so pigmented!

About reviewer (425 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I've got this in the Unfiltered cheek palette. I love that it's so different to the usual pink/rosy blushes I usually use. It's very pigmented so you need a light hand and a fluffy not too dense brush. Im medium toned (NC30) and it comes up a red-orange on me. I enjoy the quality of nars blushes. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is its expensive and I have quite a few other blushes I enjoy too, but I would recommend it if you're looking for a slightly different blush colour.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBlack

3 years ago

I would buy this again in a heart beat. $30 for a blush is a lot but so worth it. This blush stays on forever and blew my other blushes out of the water. Everyone flushes in some form of reddish pink color. This blush mimics that. Use a light hand in application and it will look natural. If you want to own just one blush, this is the one. It's a warm red and will suit every skin tone.

About reviewer (323 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium