no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

I own two of these Emjoi Pedi machines. The first one is about 3-4 years old and required two AA batteries which never seemed to last more than a session or two. I replaced it most recently with the rechargeable unit, which I love. While the rechargeable unit cost about $20 more than the battery powered one, it is much faster to use and works better than the old unit. I'm in my late 50s and get rough dry feet during the summer months as well as the winter months. I used this twice on. My feet and it got rid of the rough dry skin and some callouses as well. I highly recommend this little gadget for anyone who likes to their own pedicure. I have used pumice stones, salt scrubs, pedi egg and another foot file over the years, but this little machine is worth it's weight in gold. I especially like that I don't have to have batteries on hand to use it whenever I want. It's easy to clean and recharge, and came with extra rollers, a cleaning brush, charger unit and its own little carrying bag. It is also easy to get the replacement rollers in different textures online when you need them. I love that I have nice smooth sandal ready feet and I think these make great gifts for anyone who likes to do their own pedicure at home.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Medium

5 years ago

I'm giving this a 4 right now since I've only used it once and cannot attest to battery life. It was a gift so I can't attest to price either. On to the good news: this is awesome! I keep my feet well cared for, so I don't have rough skin, but I will get a little bit of a dry heel from time to time. I do use a PedEgg, but I like my big cheese grater pedicure file better. This device was super simple to use and caused zero discomfort. The skin literally fell away like powder. My feet feel amazing! I would definitely recommend. My unit came with 4 rollers and is battery operated.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Relaxed, Medium

6 years ago

Incredibly, I got this at Costco in the springtime (I think they got in several products for Mothers' Day and only had them for a short time; Cake Beauty hand cream was one and this was the other...wish they still had both). As a result, the savings were pretty hard to beat - this cost less than even on The Shopping Channel. I've always had calluses and like most people, dry heels. I was hoping this would be miraculous. It's not but it's pretty darned good. Makes it much easier to buff hard to get at spots (like my heels - because I've had knee surgery, it's not all that easy to bend into a position where I can get at my right heel very easily). The results are pretty quick to attain but you really do need to apply a good foot/heel cream after buffing to keep the newly exposed, softer skin looking and feeling moist. To be honest, this doesn't do as good a job as my Ped-Egg or Tweezerman Foot File at really getting off the hard callus but it is so much easier and requires less twisting into a pretzel shape to reach problem areas on my right foot. I can see battery replacement becoming annoying over time (wish they'd sold the plug in version) but that's a minor negative compared with the speed and ease of getting good results. Would definitely repurchase and wish they still sold these at Costco as I'd pick one up for my daughter.

About reviewer (1491 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

6 years ago

I've had stubborn calluses ever since my teen years, and they've required a lot of grinding just to keep the calluses at bay. I can't afford professional pedicures (probably could if I didn't spend so much money on es and ls, lol) and I can never get my feet soft the way pros do. What can I say? It works. It grinds your calluses off in a fine powder, and you can sit and do it anywhere. Just keep a towel around to hold the dust. It doesn't hurt or even cause discomfort. My calluses were pretty tough when I just started using it, so it took about 3 uses the first week to get my feet as soft as I wanted, but since then, I use it maybe every 7-10 days. It even gets that really tough spot on the side of your big toe. I've also had this weird scaly dry spot on the side of my foot, and the Emjoi took care of that with no discomfort at all. It's also very easy to clean and it's a cinch to change rollers. If there's anything that I could complain about, it's that I wish the rollers lasted a bit longer. The rollers that come with the device have pretty fine grain, which is probably safest for most people, but that also means they wear out more quickly. Two refill rollers cost $15.00 on QVC, which is pretty outrageous considering the entire device WITH two rollers is $30.00 plus shipping and tax. I managed to get a 4-pack on amazon for $23.00. Also, they sell coarser rollers. I may try those next time to see if they last longer. So this is $30.00 extremely well spent. I have the original Micro-Pedi, the one that takes two AA batteries. They also have a "Tornado" model now that is rechargeable, but that one is about $80.00; it also comes with different types of rollers. Which model you use depends on your needs and how much you're willing to spend. I just use recharageable batteries. If you go that route, make sure your batteries are well charged, otherwise the motor will be more sluggish. All in all, the Emjoi works, and works better at removing calluses than any other method I've used. This little gizmo is the s***.

About reviewer (236 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

6 years ago

They now have a corded version, which is what I bought, and I absolutely love it! My heels get some cracks in it but my primary problem is with calluses that form on the ball of my feet. I had several very thick and hard calluses that regular pedicures, filing, shaving, moisturizers, etc... couldn't put a dent in. For a few years, I decided to just accept them as being there for life but then I found this device on Amazon and decided to give it a try. Spent about $50, shipping was free and it managed to remove my calluses in one day. I couldn't believe that I allowed myself to live with these calluses for so long; I wasn't even aware of how much discomfort they were apparently causing me until I stood up and walked around for the first time in years 'callus-free' - it was like night and day! I will never, ever, go without this handy device as long as I live. I highly recommend that if you invest in one that you consider the new corded option as opposed to the battery operated one. They're priced about the same but you won't have to worry about battery life slowing it down or the ongoing expense of purchasing new batteries. Perhaps one of the best buys I've made all year!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

from

6 years ago

I generally wait a few months before I review a product but I'm breaking my own rule this time because this little gadget is awesome! Since entering into my 30s, my feet have become a huge pain to maintain. Luckily, I have no lasting foot pain or any problem that requires surgical intervention but my feet were usually something I didn't have to pay attention to. I could wear flip flops with no embarrassing dry heel issues and if my feet were encased in socks and boots all day, they were actually smooth and issue free by the time I took my socks off. In fact, I used to get pedicures just for fun! Those day are now long gone. I now get pedicures because my heels and soles are a hot mess. While professional pedicures and expensive/not-so-expensive lotions are a temporary relief, I really needed something that would get the gross, dead skin off my heels and keep my feet smooth in between pedicures. Enter the Emjoi Micro-Pedi. I saw the Micro-Pedi at Costco a few weeks ago and was immediately drawn to it. I had never heard of it so when I got home, I looked up the reviews on Amazon and here. The reviews were generally positive and since I figured I nothing to lose (except $30), I picked one up the next time I went to Costco. I had had a pedicure a few days before buying the Mico-Pedi so my feet were in better condition than they generally are but I was beginning to get rough, flaky skin on my heels again. I used the Mico-Pedi the same night I got it and was really amazed at the results. It sanded my flaky soles and heels down in no time flat and my feet were pink and smooth! I've used just about every foot fixing thingy on the market: pumice stones, those big foot files that are similar to emery boards and even the PedEgg. Pumice stones are great for maintenance but I've never managed to figure out how to get them to remove the dead skin completely. The PedEgg didn't work for me at all and, while the foot file did work, it took a lot of time and a lot of elbow grease to make headway and I still had patches of flaky skin that would catch and snag on sheets and blankets. The Mico-Pedi doesn't leave behind any flaky dry skin and takes almost no effort to use. I've also used it on the palms of my hands to buff out peeled skin from callouses and it worked beautifully. The Mico-Pedi is about the size of an electric razor. It has a changeable cylinder that vary in degrees of coarseness and feel like sandpaper. All you have to do is move it around on your foot and the sandpaper-like cylinders sand away (for lack of a better phrase) the dead skin. It doesn't hurt (the machine will shut off if you press down too hard) and it takes less than three minutes to smooth out both feet. Mine came with three cylinders but I'm still using just one. They cylinders do run down a little quickly but I've used it almost daily for the last three weeks. I think the replacements are a bit pricey and I'm not looking forward to replacing them but I'll do it because this works so well! The only negatives to this is that it is battery operated and, if you use it frequently, you'll likely need to change the batteries often. It also leaves quite a bit of dust (ie dead skin) so take care where you use this. I suggest spreading a towel on your bed or floor to do this over to catch any dust. I would highly recommend the Mico-Pedi to anyone who has very dry, bothersome feet like myself. It's super easy to use, painless and works like a charm. Using this paired with a nice thick lotion has changed my feet overnight! This is one of the best beauty product investment I've made in a long, long time and I'm glad I found it.

About reviewer (210 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

7 years ago

I love this tool for removing the hard skin from my heels easily and without pain! I saw this on QVC and saw how easy it was to remove the years of dried hard skin on my feet (essentially this tool is a battery-powered roller with a gritty sandpaper texture), but their price was way too high. So I looked on Amazon and bought one for far cheaper. It tickles a bit when you first use it but it removes dead skin so fast that I can't believe I managed without it. The only annoying thing is that you have to buy replacement rollers as they do wear down pretty fast (or maybe that's because of my thick layer of skin causing the roller to wear down!) I thought that once you had removed the majority of the dead skin that you wouldn't have to use the Emjoi roller quite so much....I was wrong about that. My feet still get really dry hard skin so I have to use the Emjoi maybe twice a month. I am looking into ordering the extra coarse rollers to prevent me having to use this so often. I use this when my feet are at their driest - no dampness from wearing shoes, no wetness from a shower. Using this on damp skin will not give such good results. I keep my feet dry without socks and shoes for several hours if I can prior to using the Emjoi. That way my skin is so dry that the rollers remove it very easily. You WILL get flakes of skin everywhere so it's best to do this over a towel, and make sure you aren't near a fan or right by an AC vent while the air is moving. I speak from experience. I really recommend this tool if you have constant hard skin on your feet and want an easy painless way to remove it!

About reviewer (1232 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

7 years ago

Another purchase off Sally's clearance rack which was a total score! I love this battery operated foot file. Great results in a fraction of the time it takes with a manual foot file. I have to say good bye to my pedegg and foot rasp thanks to this little gem. UPDATE: I loved my battery version so much I splurged on the rechargeable one.

About reviewer (654 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

Great product, does what it says, worth every cent if you've got feet such as mine that get callused/cracked/nasty if they even glance at a sidewalk or beach. Concept's simple: a AA-battery-operated pedi-only sander with a coarse roller (you get two: regular coarse and extra-coarse) that rotates. It very lightly sands off the worst rough edges, leaving you and everything nearby in a light dust. It's designed not to go too deep since it has a slow speed, requires a light touch (it'll stop if you press hard) and fairly narrow roller. Instructions say to use it no more than 3 seconds in each spot but in full disclosure, I've used it longer, just kept moving it around. Only reason I'm giving it a 4 rating is because the roller seems to wear out pretty quickly and replacements cost more than they should, considering. I've had the most success using it first to remove the worst top layer and then using the Microplane XL Pro manual foot file (which is terrific) to tackle the more difficult stuff. Between these two, I think I've finally defeated the feet.

About reviewer (101 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

8 years ago

This is one of those electrical pedicure devices that has a coarse surface whizzing round to get rid of dead skin on the feet. I've tried a couple of these from other brands before and they did zilch; the only reason I tried buying this was that it had nothing but 5-star reviews on the Boots website. I tried it last night on my poor callused feet and - it works. I have mostly soft, smooth skin. You're not supposed to use it for more than 3 seconds on any one area of skin but I was able to keep going for 30 seconds before I knew it was time to stop. The difference in my feet is remarkable and I can't believe how much dead skin came off. The treatment areas are also glassily smooth and I only used the coarsest option. The only products I've found previously to work are the Microplane Orb (quite good) and the Diamancel diamond files (excellent). The difference between the Emjoi and the Diamancel is not in the results exactly but in the amount of work and time required to get there. To achieve the results I got from 5 minutes' effortless treatment with the Emjoi would have taken close to an hour's hard work with the manual file. Having only used it once I can't speak about the life of the battery, replaceable inserts or the device itself, but I had to rave about this straight away. It cost me £40 in the UK, which is about the same price as a Diamancel, and worth every penny.

About reviewer (125 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium