MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Light

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This powder is a really nice finishing powder, it gives a natural look and blends foundation together incredibly.
I use it as a finishing powder rather than using my studio fix powder as I hate my makeup looking too cakey and it looks so pretty in the pan.
The packaging is very nice, the usual black MAC compact but the powder itself is really nice.
It's a bit expensive but worth the money and I'll repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this powder for setting my foundation and touching up throughout the day. It doesn't really control my oily t-zone for long but I haven't found any powder that does without looking cakey.

This is great because it has a little bit of pigment which I like as my oily skin tends to break up my foundation during the day. It never looks cakey, dry or too matte and gives my skin a healthy glow.

To Read all 16 Reviews, Login or Join

This powder does not work for me at all. It doesn't give my skin the finished look I am seeking, and it does not control oil. Then why, you might ask, did I give it 5 stars? My stepson has pretty bad acne (part genetics and part neglect), and he needed me to make him up for his senior portraits. I had never done makeup on a boy or man before, so I watched a video, and this was the powder the MUA used. I just happened to have it, so I used it. I just used a disposable makeup wedge, nothing fancy, and the result was flawless. I also used concealer, of course. I had to (I used a mix of LA Girl in Natural and Maybelline Fit Me in Fair, in case you're curious). When we received the proofs, they were not retouched (retouching would have been a significant extra charge) and they came out amazing. You couldn't even see how bad his skin actually is. Job well done, MAC.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm NW13/NW10 for coloring reference. My go to foundation is MAC FB in White mixed with a dab of MAC FB N1. I wanted to try something different with my foundation routine.

The Lightest color in this powder wasn't a bad match. It didn't oxidize on me and held up all day. I didn't have any break through shine. It was easy to apply...althought I found it a bit "dusty" if I press too hard with my buffing brush. The coverage provided was light, but enought to give me that "flawless" look I was trying to achieve.

The downside...after a few great makeup days, this product caused a major break out on my face. When I double checked the ingredients I saw BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE listed. Which, would make sense since it is a mineral based product. I don't know how I missed this ingredient...I can not wear any product that contain Bismuth Oxychloride. It also would explain why all of a sudden, my face felt "itchy".

If you don't have an allergy or issue with Bismuth Oxychloride...then this is a great product. If you do...then hit the ground running...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm REALLY liking this powder. I use it as a finishing powder to my MAC Loose Mineral Foundation. Gives a finished, natural look to my foundation routine. Doesn't settle into fine lines and does not cake up. No break outs either....BONUS!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Loved finish/very pretty
I dusted over TM for a natural not heavy look
had to return because of breakouts but skin is so confused right now I cant say it has anything to do with this product (as it seems anything that touches my face causes issues)
If you are acne prone be cautious
IF NOT def worth a look

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

At first, I didn't think that I would be a huge fan of a pressed powder, but now I understand all of the hype around it. This powder stays on all day and you rarely have to re-apply it. The only thing I dislike about this product is that I have fairly oily skin, and I have to re-apply a little more than normal. Overall, this product is really great, and I would buy it again!!

When I first started using this powder I thought it looked really heavy and cakey, until I realised I was just using too much. Then I discovered it actually gives a beautiful finish without piling too much on. Sadly I dropped mine on the floor the day I got it (I almost cried!) and the top of it cracked (the powder not the case) but I managed to decant it into an old powder pot, which has actually turned out pretty well because now I accidentally have both a pressed and a loose version of it! Overall, a good powder for setting foundation and creating a base for bronzer/blush.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My summer HG powder. I always use this on top of my foundation -- Chanel Vitalumiere, VitaL aqua, or any of the other's I rotate. I love it over the Vitalumiere because it maintains the light dewy glow of the look. I especially love that I can take it on the road with me -- my loose powders are all amazing but harder to travel with even though I have decanted most of them.

my skin is normal, with a very slight oily T and have not found this powder to be too mattifying... but the truth is I don't want mattifying especially in summer. In winter, I have decided to still keep my face dewy and a little more matte so I am pressing this on with a beauty blender after I apply with my brushes.

I find the color is perfect for me (NC15 most of the time) and the texture of the product is lovely. I have also worn this wet using my brush dampened and the coverage is full on excellent. Hangs on for the whole day too.

will continue to repurchase.

I gave this a 4 rating, but in reality I would like to give is a 3.5ish rating. Anyways, I use this over my liquid foundation to set it, and normally it looks great and I love the finish. But every once in a while for no reason it will look a little dusty, and if you use just a but to much it will look cakey. I think that with those two things combined with the price is why I gave it a not perfect rating, when I buy MAC I have such high hopes, and this fulfilled some of them, but it's not perfect.

I still love it, and it's worth getting. But I would try it out at the shop first and see how it sits on your face. My friend had similar problems with the 'dusty' effect and stopped using it.