Molton Brown Naran Ji Fine Liquid Hand Wash

Molton Brown Naran Ji Fine Liquid Hand Wash

4.6

Not tested on animals

on 10/17/2013 12:27:00 AM

Oh where to start? I AM running out, but it costs more than my l'occitane! I am trying so hard to ration until I make it to Holt's to get more! I keep the naran ji in the kitchen because I like my french products in the bathroom, but also because it cleans better, and the kitchen is where oily, greasy things can happen from cooking and such! It smells unlike any other hand soap I've had, cleans better, naturally antibacterial, and comes from a company that doesn't test on animals. At 34$ for 300ml I will consider it a treat to myself, not a staple, but mmmwwwow!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Luxury handwash? If I hadn't tried this, I wouldn't have believed that such a thing even existed. I received a 30 ml bottle of the Naran Ji liquid handwash as a GWP with some other Molton Brown purchases. Good way to try it out too because the full-sized product retails for AUD 25 at David Jones department stores here in Australia. I'm not above paying exorbitant prices for high-quality products but for handwash...? I even think normal drugstore brand handwashes are a little on the pricey side! Well, after trying the Molton Brown handwash, I think I might be a convert. While I'm not particularly keen on the overpowering jasmine scent, I'm absolutely amazed at how soft, smooth and moisturized my hands feel after washing. I can't say that Palmolive makes me feel anywhere near as pampered! The Naran Ji handwash contains sweet orange essential oil for added moisturizing benefits which is why I'm a little baffled as to why it smells so pungently floral than citrusy. I've never been a fan of such flowery scents but I must say, this one has definitely grown on me. I'm not 100% sure I'll repurchase the Naran Ji handwash but I'm definitely keen on giving the other Molton Brown scents a go. Now all I need to do is convince myself that AUD 25 is worth splurging on something as dull and boring as handwash.

I love the feeling and look of this soap, but the scent throws me a little. From the reviews I was expecting something spicy, citrusy and clean, and I guess in some ways this soap is, but I find it smells distinctly and shockingly like, well, summer. At first I thought I was just crazy, but then, I was using it in the kitchen and my boyfriend asked me "what smells like summer?" so I knew it wasn't just me. Thinking further, the scent is just like a beautiful day on the beach in Maui, and that is a wonderful thing, just not in my kitchen in the dead of winter. So I moved the soap into the guest bathroom, but living in a college student apartment in the middle of Pennsylvania the scent is just out of place. Perhaps if I had a beautiful home in a warm climate this would all make sense, and if you do I highly recommend it, but for me personally at this point it is not the best option.

on 10/5/2006 7:57:00 AM

I love this soap! The scent is divine (a nice zesty and spicy smell). It's not drying. The only thing I dislike is the price, but I was lucky enough to find it for 50% off at Nordstrom. This is a wonderful luxury soap.

DEE-LISH! I love this in both the liquid soap and the lotion. Smells very clean and luxurious - mainly of neroli, to my mind. First tried this in the First Class lounge at Heathrow and it is exactly that - first class! Have repurchased several times. Looks great in the bathroom too.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have nothing but praise for this hand wash! It is a wonderful scent and it reminds me of when I am pampered at the spa. I adore that fact that it is *soapless*, therefore it rinses clean with no residue. Thereby making it the perfect choice for my kitchen and bathroom sink. I do not use the lotion because I find it doesn't sink into my skin.

on 12/17/2005 3:59:00 PM

The scent is gorgeous and sadly it's the only thing that keeps me coming back plus the fact that the handwash & lotion look great in my bathroom - oh dear! That aside I think that the handwash is quite drying and I've found much better handcreams along the way plus it's very expensive for just an ok product.

on 12/6/2005 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love it when I go to nice restaurants or hotels and they have Molton Brown hand wash and hand cream. In fact I love it so much, my friend bought it for me for Christmas and I was really excited - my Dad couldn't understand why! Great for your guests and lasts a long time. The smell is a little odd but it's a personal choice. The hand cream is a bit greasy and doesn't really sink in that well.

on 9/22/2005 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I ALWAYS look forward to using this.....i keep it fo rmyself.....a real luxuary. Wonderful smell and feeling:)

on 8/21/2005 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Lovely & luxurious hand soap in the most luscious triple citrus fragrance. Truth be told, I purchased this after using it at the Bryant Park Hotel in New York City. It smelled so fabulous and seemed so luxe, I nearly put it in my purse!
Pricey at $23 but I will likely repurchase as a little goes a long way and this looks inviting in the bathroom.

Popular Body Skincare Products