Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer

Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer
Estee Lauder Double Wear Light and Matte Primer

3.3

Water, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Silica, Dimethicone Silylate, Sucrose, Isopentyldiol, Hypnea Musciformis Extract, Gellidiela Aceroascdsadsa Extract, Poria Cocos Sclerotium Ecdfvcxvtract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Grape Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Mulberry Root Extract, Algae Extract, Caffeine, Amorphoohallus Konjac Root Powder, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Saccharide Isomerate, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Stearyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polyethylene, Isododecane, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylene Copolymer, Laureth-21, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Myristate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)],

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this thinking that it would do wonders, just like Double Wear foundation does.
MEEEEH, I think my expectations were too high. This primer is on the "wet" side and it does not do such a great job in minimizing the pores. When it comes to it`s intended purpose, yes, it does leaves the skin matte, but nothing too spectacular. If my makeup lasts a long time on the skin when i wear this, I don`t really think it`s because of it.
It`s not a bad primer, but it`s way too expensive for what it does.

on 8/25/2017 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I had a large sample of this hiding in a makeup pouch for a while. I recently discovered and made use of it, having never really used a proper primer before. I have very fine, clear skin that is on the dry side. I prep my skin first with a facial oil and apply this under my Bobbi Brown foundation stick. I am amazed at the results. I actually haven't really visible pores, but at 40 I have some fine lines, and this blurs everything beautifully! What made me want to purchase this is the fact that goes beyond a primer and has lovely skin care ingredients. It is actually very much a primer and serum in one.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Estee Lauder is quality makeup and for that reason I was disappointed with this primer. It does nothing for oily skin, and does not make foundation easier to apply. It's also pricey and again, it's not worth it. Don't buy this if you have oily skin.

on 9/7/2016 8:58:00 PM

I had the opportunity to sample this primer with the Estee Lauder Day Wear Light Foundation and concealer and I must say these products go hand in hand, married.

I was really impressed with the primer and felt the primer was the most important basis that held the foundation & concealer together during an average 9-5 shift. Day Wear Light was actually matte, pore & shine-free for my oily-combo skin after work. I also have sallow dark under eye circles and the concealer did not make the cut in long lasting coverage, but for scars & redness, I do recommend.
The formula is also silicone free and packed with anti aging ingredients like algae that is great for sensitive and oily skin types.
On nights that I went out, I used Dr. Brandt Pores No More Primer (silicone based) over this primer and my foundation lasted a lot longer, ~2-3 hrs++.
I totally recommend getting a sample of this at Nordstrom!

on 6/27/2016 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

When I apply this fancy product for the first time I feel in love cause my face feels so smooth and even... but it made no difference in the appearance or last of my makeup, at all.
I used continually and with different foundations to try it, and always the same result.

on 3/18/2017 8:39:00 PM

I started using this product after desperately trying to find a primer that would keep my makeup on longer however I've had a crazy amount of cystic acne appear since using it - more than I've ever had before and unfortunately will have to advise people not to use this as I've never had such bad breakouts so if you have an oily t zone steer clear

on 2/11/2015 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

PROS:
Felt nice when I first put it on
Readily available at department stores

CONS:
Caused breakouts
Pricey

This primer was nothing special, just another thing for me to put on in the morning before work! It is expensive in my opinion, it felt nice when I first put it on and then it felt like my face was suffocating after putting foundation and powder over it. I don't think it made my face more matte. It broke me out quite badly, so I won't be using again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The BEST most mattifying primer I've ever used! I didn't even bother with primers because none of them controlled oil, but now I've discovered this I'll never look back!

on 1/27/2016 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I personally do not believe that this product is worth the amount they are charging. I am an Estee Lauder fan and have purchased the Double Wear Foundation multiple times and absolutely love it but unfortunately this primer did nothing what so ever for oil control. It goes on nice and makes you matte for the application of your makeup but after an hour or so it was like I never applied a primer in the first place. If you're in the market for a good primer for oil control I would strongly recommend Smashbox pore mininmizing primer or the benefit porefessional, I have much better luck with those!

on 10/5/2015 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

This product feels really nice and is really light on the skin, so I like it purely for that. But it really made no difference to the wear of my makeup. I will continue to use it until it's finished, but I probably won't repurchase.

Popular Primer/ Correctors