3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Both me (47) and my 17-year-old daughter love this product. It enhances our curls and minimizes frizz. Apply on wet hair and plop with an old T-shirt or a microfiber towel. Airdry. That’s it!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

3.0

a year ago

This defines curls very well but man, the scent is at a 10 and they need to dial it back to a 4. Seriously, if I wanted a hair perfume, I would've bought one. And while this performs very well, it contains silicones and is overall too expensive for my taste.

About reviewer (162 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

I have been using so many products for my curls some of them are very good and some very bad. I ran out of products so I decided to give moroccanoil a go since I’ve heard so many good things about the brand. The price was expensive but I didn’t care as long as I had results. I was very disappointed to see no differences like literally it’s the same thing when I don’t put any products on my hair!! Plus my hair are really curly but they’re very dry & if I don’t put any products my curls loose a little bit of definition .Anywayy so expensive for no results l’oreal products for curls are what I recommand for more definition & hydration and the pricing is very good so for me morrocan oil is a no no!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

After rinsing out my hair completely, I then used the Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream, which states ‘Wavy and curly hair can easily lose its definition – Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream brings it back. Advanced heat-activated technology provides intense conditioning and activates a curl memory factor to keep hair bouncy and control frizz for hours. Argan oil and protein condition, detangle and tame curls, so hair remains smooth and frizz-free with great movement.’ Again, I applied an ample amount into the palm of my hands, massaging the product through my hair, especially the ends of my hair and the middle, as these are the driest spots of my hair. I then used a brush just to loosen any detangled curls. https://youtu.be/5C5PasGsEhM

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium Brown

HairBlack

4 years ago

This product is excellent for defining curls in wavy hair and I love it. I don't really need frizz control so I cannot comment on that, but I do really like the products smell

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesOther

from

4 years ago

This product is kind of a holy Grail for me. I have a couple of complaints but overall the product really works. PROS: This defines my curls lightly and without crunchiness. It's also not greasy, and while it doesn't have hold, I personally don't like hold, and prefer defined curls with lots of movement. I've repurchased for years and years, and it's never let my hair down, no matter what length (shoulder to very long). The best definition is on the first day, but it still looks fine on the second day. CONS: The fragrance is definitely very strong - and I typically hate fragrance. But unlike most people here, it's funny how many friends and strangers have said that they love the smell of my hair. Ymmv of course. Even though I typically hate fragrance, and this one does last (though not at full strength, thank goodness), I don't mind it and actually have grown to like it. The pump and packaging is not that great, and has broken when it's dropped in the shower. I'm also never quite sure when it's going to be finished. USE: I have very long 3a hair and use about three pumps on wet, fresh from the shower hair. First pump is warmed and softened in my hands and then spread all over my hair. I then use pumps two and three to crush my curls upward. My head is upside down and I push the product into my hair from the bottom up, à la Devacurl style.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I love this product! It does have a smell, as other reviewers have mentioned, but it doesn't bother me at all. It took me a long time until I was able to find a hair cream that would define and control my wavy/curly hair without looking heavy. I've been using this cream for over a year now and loving it so far. I will always repurchase!!!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

EyesBlack

5 years ago

I bought the travel size version along with the hydrating cream one. I think this smells nice although at one time I disliked the scent of moroccanoil products. This is hydrating and controls frizzy hair well. It is only slightly curl defining since curls fall flat within a couple of hours, however my hair looks shiny and feels soft although there is initial crunch when applied to damp hair. I used a little on wet hair then a little more when my hair was dry and had better results. I might pair this with another product. The scent lingers for a long time. I would repurchase it since I like how my hair looks when I use it.

About reviewer (2203 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

I used the Moroccan Oil Intense Curl Cream and loved it, so I decided to try this. Boy was I ever disappointed! First of all, it smells so strongly of perfume. The smell is actually nice but way too strong. Second, it does nothing for frizz so I had to combine it with a serum. I will say it actually makes my thick, coarse curly look quite nice. However, it makes my hair feel like crunchy glue. This product manages to be drying and gooey at the same time. I'm so disappointed by this that I don't even want to purchase more of the intense curl cream because after this Moroccan Oil doesn't deserve any of my money!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

6 years ago

I do not like this product at all. I enjoy fragranced products, but this one is little too strong and overpowers other scent you may have on. More importantly, I found that it did nothing to enhance my wavy, bob-length hair. I did watch the how-to video but it didn't help. Fortunately my stylist gave this to me as a "freebie" so no regrets about tossing it out!

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age44-55