Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream

Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream

3.2

Water (aqua), cetearyl alcohol, polyquaternium-11, glycol stearate, hydrolyzed vegetable protein PG-Propyl silanetriol, polyquaternium-72, argania spinosa kernel oil (argan oil), fragrance (parfum), dimethicone, behentrimonium methosulfate (and) C10-40 isoalkylamidopropylethldimonium ethosulfate (and) cetyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, DMDM hydantoin, lactic acid

on 4/8/2016 9:17:00 PM

This product is excellent for defining curls in wavy hair and I love it. I don't really need frizz control so I cannot comment on that, but I do really like the products smell

on 12/21/2015 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This product is kind of a holy Grail for me. I have a couple of complaints but overall the product really works.

PROS: This defines my curls lightly and without crunchiness. It's also not greasy, and while it doesn't have hold, I personally don't like hold, and prefer defined curls with lots of movement. I've repurchased for years and years, and it's never let my hair down, no matter what length (shoulder to very long). The best definition is on the first day, but it still looks fine on the second day.

CONS: The fragrance is definitely very strong - and I typically hate fragrance. But unlike most people here, it's funny how many friends and strangers have said that they love the smell of my hair. Ymmv of course. Even though I typically hate fragrance, and this one does last (though not at full strength, thank goodness), I don't mind it and actually have grown to like it.

The pump and packaging is not that great, and has broken when it's dropped in the shower. I'm also never quite sure when it's going to be finished.

USE: I have very long 3a hair and use about three pumps on wet, fresh from the shower hair. First pump is warmed and softened in my hands and then spread all over my hair. I then use pumps two and three to crush my curls upward. My head is upside down and I push the product into my hair from the bottom up, à la Devacurl style.

on 10/15/2015 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this product! It does have a smell, as other reviewers have mentioned, but it doesn't bother me at all. It took me a long time until I was able to find a hair cream that would define and control my wavy/curly hair without looking heavy. I've been using this cream for over a year now and loving it so far. I will always repurchase!!!

on 3/14/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought the travel size version along with the hydrating cream one. I think this smells nice although at one time I disliked the scent of moroccanoil products. This is hydrating and controls frizzy hair well. It is only slightly curl defining since curls fall flat within a couple of hours, however my hair looks shiny and feels soft although there is initial crunch when applied to damp hair. I used a little on wet hair then a little more when my hair was dry and had better results. I might pair this with another product. The scent lingers for a long time. I would repurchase it since I like how my hair looks when I use it.

on 10/7/2014 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used the Moroccan Oil Intense Curl Cream and loved it, so I decided to try this. Boy was I ever disappointed! First of all, it smells so strongly of perfume. The smell is actually nice but way too strong. Second, it does nothing for frizz so I had to combine it with a serum. I will say it actually makes my thick, coarse curly look quite nice. However, it makes my hair feel like crunchy glue. This product manages to be drying and gooey at the same time. I'm so disappointed by this that I don't even want to purchase more of the intense curl cream because after this Moroccan Oil doesn't deserve any of my money!

on 6/12/2014 5:16:00 PM

I do not like this product at all. I enjoy fragranced products, but this one is little too strong and overpowers other scent you may have on. More importantly, I found that it did nothing to enhance my wavy, bob-length hair. I did watch the how-to video but it didn't help. Fortunately my stylist gave this to me as a "freebie" so no regrets about tossing it out!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I found the effectiveness to be okay. My hair wasn't frizzy, but I found it a bit puffy and not very defined.

However, what really bothered me was the smell. It is overwhelming and horrible and made my eyes watery. Even if this was the most amazing product for curl definition, I would not use it.

What a frustrating product this was for me. I didn't know how to rate it.

I'm trying to work with my curls instead of constantly straightening my hair with a round brush as I've been doing for a very long time--damaged hair anyone? My hair stylist recommended this product so I bought it because I trust her judgment. Well she was right; it does work, in fact it works really well. This is how I use it. I first comb my hair after towel-drying it, then I use two pumps (if you don't use enough it doesn't work) for my just-below-the-shoulder length hair. I work it through my hair then put my head down and flip my hair over and start scrunching it with my hands. After flipping my hair back again I just arrange it in the position I'd like it to dry. I let it air dry and don't touch it. I end up with defined, unfrizzy gorgeous curls.

My problem with this product and why I didn't give it 5 stars is, as a previous reviewer mentioned, the nasty smell. It is sickeningly sweet to the point of nauseating. My boyfriend even commented on it, saying he couldn't get near me because the smell made him ill. After a couple hours of it on my head, I got sick as well. Why do companies do this? There are so many people out there with sensitivities; I don't know what they're thinking.

Anyway, back it went to my beauty salon. Thankfully I've been going to the same place for decades and they took it back no problem. This stuff's expensive--$35.00 where I bought it. Too much money to just throw away.

So frustrating because this product worked REALLY well for me. So if you don't mind strong scents then go for it, otherwise consider yourself warned.

on 5/24/2013 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This stuff was totally disappointing. Very little frizz control, and the curl enhancing properties are marginal at best. I am always in search of a product that can do both, and this one does neither very well. Thank god I bought a sample tube instead of the full size!

on 1/27/2013 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

When I first got this product about a year ago, I wasn't too thrilled with it. I got the original MoroccanOIl at the same time and was (and still am!) obsessed with it, but I was kind of disappointed with the curl defining cream. I have naturally wavy hair, and this did nothing much other than give it a liiiittle bit more texture and made the curls kind of crunchy.
But then I was mooching around on the MoroccanOil website and found a how-to video (http://www.moroccanoil.com/usa/h_us_en/curl-defining-cream) that explained the proper way to use the product, and once I tried it, I was amazed with the results. I ended up with a head full of thick, slightly mussed curls, exactly what I wanted.

Popular Styling Products