REVLON Colorsilk Permanent Hair Color

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Great and cheap

*Nice & natural look with shine
*Non-irritating
*Quite lasting provided that you allow at least 40mins for the dyeing process
*Compared to those new innovative Japanese creamy all in 1 dye, this gives me not only a natural feel but natural look.
Repeated using the "Brown black" shade for few times already!
Just wanna share this nice product with others.

( : continued >>

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to hair dye. It works well and does not dry out my hair and looks natural.
I use shades Natural Blue Black or Brown Black because I hate the red tones some brown dyes pull on my hair. These two shades do not do that.
I used to use the dark brown shade but it surprisingly did not work as well as the other two shades mentioned. It was still a nice dark brown but it did give my hair that bit of reddish tone that I really do not want.
Natural Blue Black is my favorite shade although at first, the black is a very intense black (my hair does not look blue at all by the way just plain black) but after a few washes, it is the perfect dark shade for me with no red tones. Almost two months later my hair just needs a root touch up. It is still shiny and the color is more of a natural black-brown, still no red, and looks very natural.
I use the Colorsilk buttercream in 30 -20N brown black to touch up my roots and it blends in perfectly.
I do an all over color with the original colorsilk about every 4 months and use the colorsilk buttercream for roots as needed.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This hair dye is extremely absurd. Very confused about the good reviews. I have tried it numerous times in different colors, I just can't resist the price, and thought maybe I was doing something wrong. Medium ash brown - this initially looked almost jet black, with burgundy hot roots (not ash at all??) - this was extremely concerning and so far from medium brown, I looked really bizarre for a few days; I had left in the dye for an hour, but now after 3-4 washes, it has pretty much all faded out and my hair is the same color as before the dye. For the other colors I've tried, every color that comes out seems just so random and unpredictable, and has absolutely nothing to do with the name or picture on the box. The price is great, but the results are truly unpredictable, and not long lasting whatsoever. I absolutely will not be using this again.

Damaged and Broke my hair! DO NOT USE!
Revlon does not care. Apologized and offered me samples to compensate my hair breaking and being completely damaged.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I speak from experience over the years. If you want your hair to turn out the EXACT color of the hair on picture of the box, you'll need to bleach it first. If your hair is darker than the color of the picture on the box, don't expect a change as color can not lift color. This has a very low developer and is almost a demi formula despite being marketed as permanent. It's mainly color depositing due to the low volume and low amount of lift (if any whatsoever).

Now that I've gotten that out of the way - it's not required to bleach your hair first. Your hair just has to be slightly lighter than the depicted shade in order to get results. So that makes it simple to pick a shade if any of you are struggling.

None of this is a con in my opinion. The trade off is this formula is awesome. Colorsilk doesn't damage my hair - even without Olaplex. And I use Olaplex for nearly everything. With the exception of coppery shades, Revlon was smart enough to formulate the warm shades to have a tiny amount of violet (ash) in the mix so they won't turn out brassy. My favorite is Warm Golden Blonde. If it was literally an orangey shade of blonde I would never touch it again. Most drugstore hair dyes mess that up.

A lot of the blonde shades look bizarre (i.e orangey pink) UNTIL it starts to develop so don't let that scare you. Champagne Blonde turned almost dark purple once oxidized despite starting off a yellowy rosegold hue. I like to use these to tone my hair since the damage is so minimal and the cost is dirt cheap.

I do wish Revlon would include a larger size of conditioner with the set because it's pretty effective. The included conditioner is about 1/4th of an oz and not even enough to cover my roots. I have waist length hair. But at less than $3 a box, I can't complain much.

This is the only box dye I'll ever use. For every other need I go straight to professional salon brands for individual shades. So that's saying a lot that I would continue to use Colorsilk.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've used Colorsilk in Light Brown three times now and I am very impressed and will certainly continue to use it! It covers greys, is easy to use, smells nice and leaves a rich colour for weeks. The conditioner leaves my hair soft. This is the best at-home box colour brand that I've used, plus the price is great. I was using Garnier Nutrisse for years, but the greys were coming in and it just did not cover them at all. I'm so glad I tried Colorsilk after reading the great reviews here. I just wish it was easier to find (I'm in Toronto, Canada).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ETA: just used this brand again, but this time did the medium ash brown mixed with a drop of Wella's colorcharm 050 cooling violet just to add an even more ash tone? Perfection. I think the light ash brown was too close to my normal hair color so this time I went a tad darker to medium ash and it turned out so pretty. Definite ash brown. Love this brand of hair color for ash brown -- doesnt smell bad, doesn't destroy my hair and only sits for 25 min. I also half the hair color because I never saturate my entire head so one box gives me two applications at $2.99! And I have long hair to my chest. Best ash color in a box.
------------------------------

Been looking for a great light ash brown to help reduce brass in my light brown hair. After both Nice n Easy and Excellence hair colors left me absolutely too red, Revlon's #50 light ash brown is awesome. No red. A true ash brown. I left mine on for about 10 min and it was dark enough to look natural. 25 min is recommended but I say go by checking. I also used my own 10 vol developer because I mostly wanted color, no lift. Worked great. Half of the color worked for my long hair. I will say that my top roots part still looks too reddish to me like it refuses to take but I think it's because of my prior bad red ash brown experiences. My bottoms took very well and are more ash. May redye just top and longer perhaps or try the med ash brown on just my crown.

But overall, this is the first ash brown color I've found that I am happy enough to repurchase and for $2.99??? Crazy! Love that it has no ammonia, so my hair feels shiny and great. No burning or strong scent either.

The most important thing to me when colouring my hair is that my premature greying is covered. I tried all sorts of hair dyes and this one seems to do the job best

My hair is healthy and beautiful!! This gives me body and shine!! It’s all I use!! Worth every penny. Cheap and real!!