China Glaze Stone Cold - Capitol Colours Hunger Games Collection

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
China Glaze Stone Cold - Capitol Colours Hunger Games Collection

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off this is a wonderful color with quite a bit of depth to it. The subtle shimmer really reminded me of good graphite. I wore this with a base coat and had a few troubles getting a smooth first coat on. It was full opacity with one coat, but I went with two to even out some of my own user errors. Unfortunately chipping is a huge problem. I had to do a few touch-ups through out the week to keep it looking okay. By the end I added a glossy top coat and it still looks amazing color wise. I may have to test this out with a matte top coat instead. Removal took more elbow grease than I expected however.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The color is amazing and really really unique. The formula is a tad tricky because it dries so quickly...the finish can be kinda lumpy if you don't work fast enough. The matte finish is gorgeous and it looks amazing under a shiny top coat as well.

Unfortunately it chips. I used base coat and top coat of course, but nothing helps. You won't make it 24 hours without a chip, and that's just unacceptable to me. For that reason alone I wouldn't buy it again :( But it pains me because it's such a gorgeous color.

on 5/5/2012 10:39:00 AM

I love this nail polish. It dries as a matte graphite color that reminds me of pencils. The formula is great in that it only needs one coat and dries within a minute. It did chip a bit when I wore it without topcoat. Maybe pairing it with a matte topcoat is the solution?

on 3/14/2012 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Coarse

Eyes: Violet

I love this color! Remember that it does dry matte. Always use a base coat for mattes, it helps with the staying power! This is also a gorgeous complex gray with topcoat over it. I really recommend this color.

Popular Polishes