Vasanti BrightenUp! - Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator

Vasanti BrightenUp! - Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator

4.1

on 7/23/2016 11:42:00 PM

I prefer exfoliators with a rougher texture. Ones like this don't get off my dead skin as easily.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great facial scrub, regardless of age. (My 23 year old daughter uses it, too.) Perfectly formulated: neither harsh nor overly-mild. I use it several times per week. Just wish it was less expensive...

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/6/2016 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is my holy grain of facial scrub. The scrub has micro beads but can be harsh if not used gently on the face. After using it my face feels soft and rejuvenated and the redness disappears very quickly. Again I must stress that one must use a gentle massaging motion when using this product.

on 12/5/2015 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I received this as a sample from Ipsy, and I LOVE IT! I am in my 40's, and since my last pregnancy (2 years ago), I have had some sun spots (my skin becomes more sensitive in the sun due to pregnancy hormones). I have been using this scrub about 4 times a week for the past 3 weeks, and my skin is looking SO much better! My spots are fading, one that was really dark (purple), is barely noticeable now, and I think in a couple more weeks it will be gone. I will definitely be buying a full size bottle of this!

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Aluminum Oxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Propanediol, Panthenol, Emulsifying Wax NF, Glyceryl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Papain, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol

Thick, creamy; requires thorough rinsing. Do not recommend using it with another mechanical exfoliant (like a clarisonic or buf-puf), and 3-5x a week is too much for me. I use it twice a week and follow with the Vasanti "Age Is Nothing But A Number" Elixir to immediately protect and soothe the newly exposed skin.

Pros: Does an excellent job at removing dead skin and providing both a mechanical and chemical exfoliation (the Al2O3 and papain, respectively). Very little goes a long way.

Cons: Price is high; it is comparable to Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, which is $34Cdn/8oz, but Brighten Up! is $34Cdn/4.23oz -- almost double! I am also irritated that the product description cites using Coconut as a "natural" selling point, but Cocamidopropyl Betaine is so far removed from coconut it seems like misleading advertising.

Summary: A good scrub, better than average. Less harsh than Lush's Ocean Salt, but stronger than Philosophy's Exfoliating Wash. Use sparingly. Will not repurchase when my bottle is done; simply too expensive.

on 9/2/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a trial sample in my ipsy delivery and was excited to try it.
But I was sorely disappointed. I am 31 with pretty resilient skin- I always have. Rarely does a product break me out. But this was too harsh for me. And as a result, had one of the worst breakouts I have ever had. I would not recommend if you have delicate or sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a good product. But not worth the $34.00 price. I recieved this in a Birchbox and I do use the product. I have had this same deluxe sample for 4 months now. It only takes a little and does a good job. It is not made of baby unicorn wings amazing, that is that I would expect of a scrub that is $34.00. You can get drugstore scrubs that work the same or just use a brush like a Clairisonic, which also is expensive but a better value than a bottle you must repurchase over and over again.

on 7/31/2015 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Received in an Ipsy bag. I did use all of the travel sized bottle I received. It is very exfoliating and harsh, at least to me. I'm 45 years old and know how to use scrubs by now but every single time, somehow, I would wind up with some of the granules in my mouth. Don't ask me how. I would not use this more than once a week and only during the summer when I'm oily. I think it would be way too harsh on my skin in the winter, even using only once a week. The Clinique 7 Day Scrub is much gentler and also cheaper, I believe, so I'll keep using that one.

on 5/24/2015 12:37:00 PM

I received two samples of this scrub in monthly subscription box. I have to admit I am very impressed by this product. Never heard of it before receiving the samples and I did not expect to like it but I was pleasantly surprised. My skin was smooth and exfoliated after each use and it did not irritate at all. Very much like a micro-dermabrasion treatment. I intend to order the full size bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this scrub!
I've never found a scrub that works like this!!

it is a white, creamy consistency but still has little familiar scrub texture. I'd say the texture is finely milled, but there are a lot of scrubbies in it! it almost feels like sandpaper, but in a good way lol

The first time I used this I used it at the sink and it was too harsh there for me. the second time I used this I was in the shower and I think the added water and steam really helped make it less abrasive.

you really don't need a lot! just a little!
after I use this my skin is so clear! it has zero makeup on it. it really gets rid of the dead skin cells - which is great bc that makes it easier for new ones to form.
warning: it can feel very abrasive and almost like there's too much scrubbing! but it doesn't hurt my sensitive skin, and i think that's due to the calming ingredients like aloe and papaya.
My skin definitely looks brighter and smoother!
this scrub is no joke! it actually works. i love using this. by far the best scrub ever and I would definitely repurchase, despite the price