Vasanti BrightenUp! - Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator

Vasanti BrightenUp! - Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
BrightenUp! - Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a pretty aggressive exfoliator. I recommend having your face VERY wet before applying a small amount of product to massage in, then add more water as it will become stiff and harsh on your skin which is never a good thing. If you use a small amount of product and a lot of water it will rid you of any dry flakes and reveal a softer and therefore brighter, more radiant looking skin. After rinsing and patting dry follow with your serums and moisturizers as they will penetrate the epidermis much better now that the tough flaky layer is gone. Vasanti recommends using this 3-5 times a week but for me once or twice is more than adequate to get the results I’m looking for. Any skin type can use this, except maybe those with sensitive skin (go very gentle if you still want to give it a try). I feel that this has improved the health of my skin by: stimulating circulation from massaging in the exfoliating cream; buffing away dry flaky skin; unclogging congested pores; and smoothing the texture of my skin. I highly recommend and will continue to purchase when I run out.

on 5/26/2018 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Good product, but not for me: I'm late 50's, mature combo skin, and the physical exfoliation is too drying for me. For younger, oilier, skins, go for it.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Like several others, I got this in one of my monthly subscription boxes (Birchbox? Ipsy?), and like several others, I really like it! It rides the line between too abrasive and not abrasive enough. (My skin is pretty sensitive; combination.) My skin looks soo clear right after exfoliating, like I scrubbed 10 years off! I follow up with an extra-thick moisturizer, and I wake up looking so glowy! Love it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

The best micro exfoliator I've found yet. I previously tried the Mary Kay age-wise exfoliator and looked to replicate the same scrub, minus the annoying glitter residue. I found this with the Vasanti Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator. The physical granules and the enzymes work together to give me pretty, glowing, and more clear skin. I use about 3x a week.. Recommend this product for sure.

2 cons:
Price could be better, and packaging is slightly annoying as you don't get a full tube.

on 7/23/2016 11:42:00 PM

I prefer exfoliators with a rougher texture. Ones like this don't get off my dead skin as easily.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great facial scrub, regardless of age. (My 23 year old daughter uses it, too.) Perfectly formulated: neither harsh nor overly-mild. I use it several times per week. Just wish it was less expensive...

on 3/6/2016 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is my holy grain of facial scrub. The scrub has micro beads but can be harsh if not used gently on the face. After using it my face feels soft and rejuvenated and the redness disappears very quickly. Again I must stress that one must use a gentle massaging motion when using this product.

on 12/5/2015 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I received this as a sample from Ipsy, and I LOVE IT! I am in my 40's, and since my last pregnancy (2 years ago), I have had some sun spots (my skin becomes more sensitive in the sun due to pregnancy hormones). I have been using this scrub about 4 times a week for the past 3 weeks, and my skin is looking SO much better! My spots are fading, one that was really dark (purple), is barely noticeable now, and I think in a couple more weeks it will be gone. I will definitely be buying a full size bottle of this!

on 9/2/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a trial sample in my ipsy delivery and was excited to try it.
But I was sorely disappointed. I am 31 with pretty resilient skin- I always have. Rarely does a product break me out. But this was too harsh for me. And as a result, had one of the worst breakouts I have ever had. I would not recommend if you have delicate or sensitive skin.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Aluminum Oxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Propanediol, Panthenol, Emulsifying Wax NF, Glyceryl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Papain, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol

Thick, creamy; requires thorough rinsing. Do not recommend using it with another mechanical exfoliant (like a clarisonic or buf-puf), and 3-5x a week is too much for me. I use it twice a week and follow with the Vasanti "Age Is Nothing But A Number" Elixir to immediately protect and soothe the newly exposed skin.

Pros: Does an excellent job at removing dead skin and providing both a mechanical and chemical exfoliation (the Al2O3 and papain, respectively). Very little goes a long way.

Cons: Price is high; it is comparable to Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, which is $34Cdn/8oz, but Brighten Up! is $34Cdn/4.23oz -- almost double! I am also irritated that the product description cites using Coconut as a "natural" selling point, but Cocamidopropyl Betaine is so far removed from coconut it seems like misleading advertising.

Summary: A good scrub, better than average. Less harsh than Lush's Ocean Salt, but stronger than Philosophy's Exfoliating Wash. Use sparingly. Will not repurchase when my bottle is done; simply too expensive.