NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

2.8

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 4/16/2018 3:23:00 PM

I had heard good things about NYX as a brand so when I ran out of my usual facial powder and saw it in the shops for £5 I thought that I would give it ago. However,I was disappointed to find that when I applied the shade soft beige it appeared orange on my skin. At first i had used a brush instead of the sponge it came with so I believed this may be the reason for the orangeish appearance but I tried it with the sponge only to see no change in the colouring. I tried using very little of the product and using my fingers but I still saw little change in the colour. I wouldn't of been so disappointed if I hadn't spent so much time comparing the different shades to find the right match but unfortunately I wasted my money on a product I will not be able to use. I bought it from a local b&m which I know sells good make up products such as mabeylline for slightly lower prices which I purchased before with no problems so I knew the store was reliable with official products. I am unsure wether the packaging on the powder was wrong as the shade was so far off what was promised it seems the product couldn't be that dark.overall I would buy from nyx as I'm unsure if this was just a mix up however it had definitely made me think twice about which of there products I will look at in future. Thank you,penny :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I brought this in the shade Alabaster, it appeared to be good shade at first but a couple of hours later I felt it looked to caked all over the face. I used a brush to put it on as I didn't like the sponge it came with. I would only use it to set where I have put concealer. The powder is finely milled as other brands but for £10.50, I think it does the job well. Its handy to put in your handbag for a quick touchup during the day. I wouldn't use it as a foundation alone but good. to use as a setting powder and touchups.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this a few months ago in the shade Nude. The shade is a perfect match for my cool, reddish undertoned, pale skin.
I only lightly pat this on my forehead, nose and chin area to control shine from spf products. My skin is on the dry side but with some acne spots and overly sensitive (cursed lol).
The product has some ingredients I don't care for but it doesn't break me out at all. It also doesn't last very long. Shine can come back in less than 2 hours. I maybe got 3 hours tops in winter weather. I can't see it holding up too well in the summer.
It can cling to dry spots and/or cake if overly applied and this is an issue , seeing that it only lasts so long.
The packaging is crap. Everything broke within a few weeks of purchase. I don't carry it around with me. It sits in my makeup bag at home. The application sponge is cheap but works ok if you are just lightly patting this on and not using it all over.
I wouldn't repurchase due to performance and ingredients. I also find this overpriced (I bought it from shopper's drug mart for $14.99, Canada) for a drug store product that is sub par. Would not recommend.

on 10/24/2016 1:13:00 PM

I had been using Pur Minerals (P.M.) until I found this product. The lady at the store said that surprising NYX is an under-rated line and many of their products are excellent. I was originally very happy with the product - it was much less expensive than P.M. but it doesn't last as long - perhaps since there is not as much product in the compact and is not packed as firmly. I found it a bit messy to put on as the powder is very light and that is probably also why the coverage is not as good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love the idea of powder foundation for a quick makeup in the morning. This actually looked good on me, not too flat, but I broke out every time I wore it. The last time I tried it, I wore only the powder, just to see if that was the cause. Three hours later, I had little pimples all around my face. Wish I'd kept the receipt, because I can't use it now.

on 7/17/2015 9:52:00 PM

Unfortunately I bought this in the wrong color. My complexion is a light/fair with pink undertones. I bought this on the Ulta website in Nude. It certainly looked like it was light with pink undertones on the site but unfortunately in reality it is very yellow and definitely does not match my skin at all, at least not as a powder foundation. I decided to use this as a light dusting powder as the coverage is really nice. That is one thing that I hate about buying foundations/powders/concealers online as the shades are never true to life. Well at least for me they aren't. Pigmentation is very good and if I could find this in my true color match, I would definitely repurchase!

on 5/24/2015 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this powder on a whim. The lighest colour was a good match for my skin tone and it was cheaper than the powder I normally use. In addition, it has very light coverage, which I prefer. I also liked the idea of a matte powder that wouldn't look flat. Well, I would have been better off spending a bit more and buying my normal, excellent powder. My oily t-zone stayed matte for about 20 minutes, which is not acceptable. This powder foundation is a total waste of money.

on 12/22/2014 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I picked this up at Ulta last week when I was looking for something to replace my expensive Aveda powder foundation. The associate said this line was vegan and mostly natural, so I decided to try it. I've never actually liked a product I've tried from NYX, but was hoping this would be an exception. The testers were all shattered and I couldn't try them, so I just picked up the lightest shade they had and hoped for the best. Unfortunately, the lightest they had, Nude, was a bit too dark for me. I found out that they have a lighter shade called Ivory that would have been much better, if the store had stocked it. Anyway, the powder applied very evenly, but was a tad too dark for me. It offers very little coverage, even if you pack it on. The good news is, it doesn't look cakey, even if you put on a ton. By the end of the day, most of it had worn off, but it did keep my skin matte for most of the day. Overall, it reminds me more of a pressed powder than a powder foundation. I may purchase it again if my Ulta ever gets the Ivory shade in. In the meantime, this one is going back.

on 12/12/2014 8:30:00 AM

So not happy with this powder. I usually use Macs Studio Fix powder foundation and love that. So I thought this would be a good low end one for my daily mu bag. Well I put on my foundation Mufe Face & Body because I really don't need a ton of coverage just redness correction. So I apply this with my 187 stipple brush to my t zone only well it looked great at 1st. Well I check my makeup about 2 hours later and this looked like it was laying above my foundation and looked so blotchy. I was mortified and I use a good setting spray. I have never had issues with a powder foundation. I don't have dry spots or anything! This just looked so bad! I wish I had just bought a Mac backup because this is just not good.

I'm very surprised because I've had really good luck with NYX products but not this one at all. I do like the Blotting Powder though. This is just no bueno and it seems it's not just me who thinks it. Save your $ on this one. Definitely pass on this. Not Recommended:(

on 9/25/2014 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this as a powder to go over my foundation or bb cream. I think it is a great medium coverage powder. I love that it looks like my actual skin. To me it had a natural look and feel and matches my skin great (I use soft beige). When my face is clearer I use it with my hope in a jar A to Z bb cream and benefit porefessional primer. When I need a little more coverage I use it with benefit primer and maybelline dream wonder fluid (which seems to cover most imperfections).