NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.0

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 10/9/2018 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I loved this powder foundation. It has medium coverage it doesn’t make my eyes look 100 and it is truly transfer proof. But i hit pan in 2 weeks. First time for me as I usually throw powders for not finishing them in the usual recommended 12 months. On the fence about this one.

on 10/5/2018 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This summer this became my go to foundation, even on bad skin days.
I loved the fact that it gave me a light to medium coverage and that I didn't feel anything on my skin after application. It covered redness and evened out the skin tone perfectly. It won't cover huge pimples and it didn't cover my sister's melasma.
It stayed good for at least 3-4 hours and then I had only to touch up my nose which gets super oily in summer.
I have to say that there's not a lot of product in the case, but the price is amazing.
I have tried applying it with a wet sponge and with a dry sponge and I tend to prefer the dry method.

on 4/22/2018 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a shame! I love the brand and many products in this brand but this was a disappointment. I tried two shades thinking that maybe they were not matching but the problem was the patchy and uneven texture of this product. I applied primer, it was still off. I tried moisturizer, and that was even worse. So sorry, NYX! This is not like MAC Studio Fix at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I brought this in the shade Alabaster, it appeared to be good shade at first but a couple of hours later I felt it looked to caked all over the face. I used a brush to put it on as I didn't like the sponge it came with. I would only use it to set where I have put concealer. The powder is finely milled as other brands but for £10.50, I think it does the job well. Its handy to put in your handbag for a quick touchup during the day. I wouldn't use it as a foundation alone but good. to use as a setting powder and touchups.

I tried this back in 2012. I feel as if they changed the formula.

The 2012 formula was closer to MAC Studio Fix powder plus. The updated version I bought in 2017 is a lighter coverage with shimmer in it. So it's a nice glow to the skin.

The old version was cakey and not as finely milled. The new version is definitely more finely milled. The only downside I can find to this new version is the lack of coverage. If they stepped that up this would be a HG.

But for now I'll stick to other powder foundations.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this a few months ago in the shade Nude. The shade is a perfect match for my cool, reddish undertoned, pale skin.
I only lightly pat this on my forehead, nose and chin area to control shine from spf products. My skin is on the dry side but with some acne spots and overly sensitive (cursed lol).
The product has some ingredients I don't care for but it doesn't break me out at all. It also doesn't last very long. Shine can come back in less than 2 hours. I maybe got 3 hours tops in winter weather. I can't see it holding up too well in the summer.
It can cling to dry spots and/or cake if overly applied and this is an issue , seeing that it only lasts so long.
The packaging is crap. Everything broke within a few weeks of purchase. I don't carry it around with me. It sits in my makeup bag at home. The application sponge is cheap but works ok if you are just lightly patting this on and not using it all over.
I wouldn't repurchase due to performance and ingredients. I also find this overpriced (I bought it from shopper's drug mart for $14.99, Canada) for a drug store product that is sub par. Would not recommend.

on 5/15/2015 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I totally agree with "ferrery" (the review below), I'm not sure why there is so much negativity towards this product. For the longest time I was debating buying this product because of the mixed reviews; For every positive review I would read one that is negative. But, I finally bit the bullet and bought in.

Pros:
1)Colour- Finally....my quest to find a product that is yellow enough for my skin has come true. I bought this powder in the colour Warm Beige (07) and I can't be happier with my C2-C3 colour match!! There are numerous websites devoted to showing what each powder foundation colour looks like, in fact, the NYX website is relatively accurate. I will say that the powder sits on the skin sliggghty lighter than what is shown in the pan, but I'll be honest with all of you, only an overly-observer like me would ever notice. The entire line has 20 colours which is fabulous; I love a foundation that can cater to many skin tones. Also, the undertones to each colour are on point- there are some powders that are more yellow, more pink, or just neutral. Who ever coloured these powders did an amazing job of actually making them look skin-like. (Ps: only 10 out of the 20 colours were available at my drugstore)

2)Longevity- I'm an oily gal..like..really oily. This powder lasted about 5 hours on me before it started to get oily; normally (with liquid foundation) I only get about 2 hours.

3)Packaging- Does this remind anyone else of the mac powder foundation? Yes, it might not be AS classy looking, but it's really good for drugstore standards. My only beef is that it might be a little too bulky for some purses. You have a healthy-sized mirror, your product, and a compartment below that harbours your sponge and aerates it at the same time. The plastic it sturdy and I'm never worried that the powder will open while it is in my purse.

4)Applicator/Coverage- For the first time ever a company has given me an applicator( that comes with a product) that actually works!! What a refreshing change! Upon first contact with the sponge,I was really surprised at the quality of it. The sponge is denser and more rubbery-er feeling than your standard sponge. This isn't something like a beauty blender; it's much more dense and compact. Clearly, someone has put a lot of thought and effort into creating something that works for the product. I tried using the powder with a standard kabuki brush, but it didn't give me the coverage I wanted. So I used the sponge and it gave me a gorgeous medium coverage. I'll admit, I was hoping for even more coverage, but what I got was reduced redness, blemishes and dark spots. I'll take that over nothing at all. Besides, I dont always like to look heavy and made-up; sometimes it's just nice to have a light-medium (more medium) coverage product that actually lets the skin breathe.

5)Formula- the powder is creamy. So finely milled. Just exquisite. The powder isn't one-dimensional; you'll notice that it's not a flat matte veil of powder pigment, no...it has a little bit of a sheen to it. Before everyone panics, it's not bad. What it does is it catches the light naturally as your skin would. In fact, if you go out in the sun and notice the inside of your elbow (where blood is taken from) you'll notice a hint of shimmer-sheerness in the skin (or at least my skin does this). This product truly doesn't make you look flat. Again, a lot of thought has been put into this product in making it look as natural as possible. Even better, the product contains no talc :)

Con:
1) Dryness- unfortunately this product accentuates my dry spots, but I'm not going to complain about this because (lets be real) what dry-skinned individual would ever say "hey, maybe I'll try a powder foundation today". The dryness of my skin is my issue because normally I'm very oily. I just wanted to say this to those who are more on the combo side.

Overall: If you have MAC's powder foundation, give this a try. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the quality that drugstore powders have to offer. If you're dry, please don't try this. Other than that, I highly recommend this to everyone even if you are not going to use it as a foundation- the coverage of this can be sheer and yet still provide you with a flawless finish if you are using this as a finishing powder. For $10 CAD you can't go wrong.

PS: I will be trying this with a wet sponge and will provide an updated review soon!:)

on 12/22/2014 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I picked this up at Ulta last week when I was looking for something to replace my expensive Aveda powder foundation. The associate said this line was vegan and mostly natural, so I decided to try it. I've never actually liked a product I've tried from NYX, but was hoping this would be an exception. The testers were all shattered and I couldn't try them, so I just picked up the lightest shade they had and hoped for the best. Unfortunately, the lightest they had, Nude, was a bit too dark for me. I found out that they have a lighter shade called Ivory that would have been much better, if the store had stocked it. Anyway, the powder applied very evenly, but was a tad too dark for me. It offers very little coverage, even if you pack it on. The good news is, it doesn't look cakey, even if you put on a ton. By the end of the day, most of it had worn off, but it did keep my skin matte for most of the day. Overall, it reminds me more of a pressed powder than a powder foundation. I may purchase it again if my Ulta ever gets the Ivory shade in. In the meantime, this one is going back.

on 12/12/2014 8:30:00 AM

So not happy with this powder. I usually use Macs Studio Fix powder foundation and love that. So I thought this would be a good low end one for my daily mu bag. Well I put on my foundation Mufe Face & Body because I really don't need a ton of coverage just redness correction. So I apply this with my 187 stipple brush to my t zone only well it looked great at 1st. Well I check my makeup about 2 hours later and this looked like it was laying above my foundation and looked so blotchy. I was mortified and I use a good setting spray. I have never had issues with a powder foundation. I don't have dry spots or anything! This just looked so bad! I wish I had just bought a Mac backup because this is just not good.

I'm very surprised because I've had really good luck with NYX products but not this one at all. I do like the Blotting Powder though. This is just no bueno and it seems it's not just me who thinks it. Save your $ on this one. Definitely pass on this. Not Recommended:(

on 11/20/2014 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product didnt stand out to me, it wasnt an amazing mattifying product that i would go out of my way to buy, i feel like you could find a cheaper version that does the exact same thing. I find it was a little pricey for just an OK product. If it was cheaper ( in Canada i paid around $22.00 ) i would probably repurchase it, but all-in-all this is probably something i will forget about once i run out, if i even continue to use it.

Colour selection was a plus, they had some nice light beige colours with no pink undertone which is harder to find in a drugstore powder.