NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

2.9

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 9/1/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like to have a pressed powder compact handy for quick shine touch ups and occasionally to set my under-eye concealer. Grabbing the package off the shelf I had not realized it was powder foundation; but I'm glad I bought it!

While applying with a damp sponge there were a few spots I had to blend with my finger to remove a powdery film. Otherwise it was blendable, afforded an even and light finish, color was good (light-medium worked for me). I waited for it to set expecting a mask-like look to set in - never happened. Brightened up my look a bit.

I've only used a similar product by LancĂ´me, which was cakey and dull and made me look sick. By comparison, this product is an absolute godsend.

The finish lasted all day.

on 8/18/2015 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wouldn't call this a powder foundation as the coverage isn't there. However, it's a great if you're not looking for huge amounts of coverage. I can even out my skin tone with this but definitely need to use concealer. Somehow, this powder makes my skin look really good even though the finish looks like I haven't applied any powder. It doesn't even leave a smoothed finish but still it strangely makes my skin look good! Also, the oil control is the best I've ever had with a powder. This is a major plus for me as my forehead usually starts looking oily in an hour. It also definitely won't make your skin look flat - just matte!

on 7/28/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I love this powder (Medium beige)! I have used Studiofix (C4) for the past few years and can say I will not go back. This compact is matte and sets right in. The coverage over concealer and/or foundation is perfect. I have combination skin and acne prone (this did not break me out) The price also helps :) Def a must try...

on 6/19/2015 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore this powder foundation!!! I cannot say enough good about it. I have combination to oily skin with neutral-yellow undertones. I will say that this is not super matte and it is not super duper longlasting for those of you with really oily skin. But I like the finish, it looks very natural on me, not powdery at all and I don't mind carrying it with me to reapply it when I need it. I use it with a primer or milk of magnesia as a primer to control better my oily T-zone, especially in summer time, but don't do this everyday because it can alter your skin pH, just occasionally.
The medium beige shade (SMP06) is a perfect match for my NC25 summer skin and the shade #03 "natural", goes with my NC20 winter skin. I love the fact that the web site tells you for each shade which undertones it has; that made it so much easier to find my perfect match; I wish all cosmetics companies would do this! and that should be written on the packaging too. The price point is great, very affordable. I just love it.

on 5/12/2015 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

don't know why the reviews for this product aren't as great as i find them to be. i have nothing but good things to say about this product. i wear this in warm beige and use it with a regular large powder brush. this is a fantastic, light coverage powder foundation that is ideal for oily skin. nothing that a little blot powder can't fix every 4 hours or so. if you want a natural finish, slightly dewy but never oily - this is worth a try! didn't think i was going to love it, but it's my go-to, quick application yet flawless foundation. almost everytime i wear it, i've received compliments on how flawless my face looks. when i tell them it's by nyx, they're surprised and releaved it's nothing high end and easy to find. in canada, it can be found at rexall. try it out!

I bought this to replace my much loved but no longer available Flower Powder Foundation. I live in Canada where the Flower line was discontinued, but I was in LOVE with the coverage and feel of their powder foundation. It gave light to medium coverage but sort of blurred my pores.

This foundation appealed to me because it is available in some extremely pale shades and because I like to forego liquid products on occasion without compromising coverage.

While this definitely can't completely replace my beloved Flower Foundation, it is a close second. The shade I got matches my pale skin really well, and this product works great using the included sponge for medium coverage, or as a light setting powder with a brush. My skin has been extremely oily this summer and this foundation keeps me matte most of the day, with a slight touch up about five hours into wear.

I love that it is not completely flat, there is a slight sheen, almost indiscernible, that makes for a very natural finish. Lovely product, I will repurchase for sure.

on 2/22/2014 1:36:00 PM

I have NC20/NC25 skin with yellowish undertones and I bought this foundation in the shade 'Natural'. I think I hit the jackpot because the shade is a great match for my skin.

I bought both this product and the L'Oreal True Match powder foundation to see which one I liked best. The L'Oreal powder foundation felt heavier on my skin and more cakey. The NYX Stay Matte felt light and refreshing. Also, the colour of the NYX was more vibrant and healthy looking.

The powder goes on very smoothly and provides surprisingly good coverage when you use the sponge it comes with. It's more of a medium coverage, which works for me. It does an amazing job at evening out my skin tone in a natural way. If you're looking for full on hardcore coverage, this may let you down. I find it sometimes catches on dry skin, but as long as you moisturize then it's no problem at all. Lasting power is also impressive, I can go a whole work day without touching up.

The packaging is sleek and very MAC looking, the only bummer is the tiny little plastic tab that you have to use to get at the sponge compartment. It's so small! If I had short fingernails I wouldn't be able to lift it, and even having slightly longer fingernails is problematic because if I'm not careful I jab the powder with my nail and lose a small chunk of it. In the grand scheme of things though, I forgive the packaging annoyance because I love the product.

If your skin is relatively clear and not too dry (and if you find a good colour match) this product is wonderful and I recommend it.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is a great product, especially for mornings when I need to slap my makeup on as fast as possible, or when I just can't be bothered. I'll apply primer, concealer and this, and it gives medium coverage - it doesn't cover up everything, but that's not my goal on a daily basis.

It can be built up to heavier coverage, but it will usually end up looking cakey, and since it is ever so slightly shimmer (VERY subtle) it can emphasis pores. As many reviewers have mentioned, for a full-coverage look this makes a great setting powder.

My only real complaint is the amount of product you get for the money. I paid $13.99 CAD for this, and after a month I have already significantly hit pan. Granted, I have been using it as a foundation almost every day, but with foundations of whatever formula (powder, liquid etc) I usually expect at least 3 months... and this rate I won't get that out of it. Of course, this is still cheaper than a high-end powder would be, but I almost never buy high-end makeup. It is also probably quite a bit cheaper in the States.

on 7/30/2012 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

As a powder this would get a 1. I have the color in Tan but it's very yellow and looks very unnatural on me, but the color before is too light (NC42). The coverage is very sheer, I feel like the powder is not very finely milled compared to MAC studio careblend for example and no this does not stay matte nor control oil at all. However....this is an awesome everyday bronzer. The very yellow tone of this gives my face enough depth which makes it look very natural. There's no orange or brown tone to it and I've experienced no oxidation at all, although I do have to used a lot of the product when I use as bronzer. I'm just wanting to use it up so I can get rid of it and not feel like I've wasted money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have this in the two lightest shades and like it very much. It is what it says: matte, but not flat-looking. This is achieved with a fair amount of mica, but not enough to look overtly sparkly.

Colors are good, not pink at all. Coverage is sheer to light, but buildable. Will not control major oil, but I use Milk of Magnesia under it for that purpose.

Price cannot be beat: $9.99 at Ulta, plus, they have testers!!!! Testers, I tell you!

Only caveat is that as it is a pressed powder foundation with a sponge applicator, it will highlight any flaky skin, so make sure you have exfoliated/moisturized/primed if you are prone to that.

Compact is overly large, but that is because it has a separate vented area for the sponge. Latch broke on mine but it still clicks.

Overall, good product for quick and easy skin perfection for those who have pretty good skin to begin with. It won't cover active acne, but it does blur old dark marks, though it doesn't hide them totally.

I keep it in my purse for touchups and would buy it again. Pressed powder foundations are in general so poorly made, yet I'm always trying them out on my oily skin and with my busy lifestyle, but this one is a winner!