3.7

price range

Reviews

3.0

2 years ago

This isn’t worth $85. It smells like flowery laundry, which isn’t a bad thing and the packaging is frosted glass so it’s aesthetically pleasing. It blends well and has a natural finish with light-medium coverage. The spf isn’t that high, so you still need to apply sunscreen to protect your skin all day. I just don’t see any significant difference between this and other light-medium foundations at Sephora which are still generally expensive, but cost half the price and still have nice packaging. The lasting power is decent on me; I have normal-dry skin and I don’t set my foundations with powder because I like a dewy finish, but it doesn’t look weird at the end of the day. There are just so many other alternatives; this is definitely not a necessity or a must-have especially because of the bloated price.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBlack

1.0

2 years ago

So I love Tom Ford fragrance and beauty products. They scream luxury to me!. I really wanted to love this, I thought it would be brilliant as per some of the reviews.... how wrong could I be :(. So I chose the shade tawny thinking it would be close to nc37 but I was wrong- this was much darker so I looked quite tan with it on (I don't mind looking tan I prefer it but unfortunately was too dark for me). I then applied in different ways but unfortunately it slid straight off after a few hours wear.... nothing made it stay put it was awful!. Minimal coverage which I like but it just looked like a mess after a few hours wear :(. Thumbs down for me

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesOther

1.0

3 years ago

Glad it was only a sample. This foundation made for a crappy makeup experience, about as crappy as the brand IMO (had to wash it off and not wear any foundation). Blends terribly, is streaky, looks oily and has non-existent coverage, atrocious for such an expensive foundation. Might as well mix water and chalk with some french fry grease and apply, it would've probably worked better lol. There are better foundations out there, at the high, mid and low end of the price range. May be suitable for those more concerned with telling others they wear a certain brand of makeup, rather than the actual quality of said makeup. Garbage. Absolute garbage. In the trash it goes.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

A lovely truly dewy foundation, it does have a buttery look, I love how it melts onto skin. I find the colour Linen a perfect match for my NC15 skn. I have dry deydrated skin, and this is great, but...some days this foundation is perfect, while other days it can accentuate dryness. The key is not to powder or use a primer, in my opinion, as when i have used it with such products it does not perform it's best. Also using fingers, brush or sponge also makes a difference, so one must find the best method for their skin. I really love this foundation, i even like the lavender scent...but I feel it does not love me back..all the time. Why? I do not know, maybe my foundation is old stock? but I will buy this again in Pale Dune next, as Linen is not available in Australia. The wear time is also differing, some days it lasts a good 6hours, other times 3hrs, again it really depends on the skin on the day.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

3.0

3 years ago

Don't buy this product if you have dry/ dryish skin- it is a very nice foundation if your skin is normal and you need very light coverage. It's expensive but lasts long, great packaging. Overall, I wouldn't buy it again even if it was cheaper, not sure what the buzz is all about.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

3 years ago

At first I was hesitant to buy this and was deciding between the traceless and the traceless perfecting, but I'm so glad I settled for this one. I'm someone who used to use very, very full coverage foundation on a daily basis (Kat Von D Lockit, Double Wear etc), but wanting to wear lower coverage as of late as my skin has improved. Fantastic foundation, gives such a radiant look to the skin without being too dewy or greasy looking, also does not make me too oily throughout the day, easy to fix just by blotting once during the day. Is light coverage but definitely buildable to medium, I've also had a few days where I've used just a small amount and sheered it out completely just to make me look a bit more awake. I use this usually on days when I want a more lowkey makeup look. Downside, as to all Tom Ford products - the price, but I will continue to buy because I love the philosophy behind his cosmetics range and each that I've used have not disappointed me at all.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This is by far the best foundation I have used which gives incredibly dewy finish. Its worth every penny. I have used both the Tom Ford Stick Foundation and the Liquid One. I could see similar finishes in both but however, I prefer this because of the natural dewy soft look it renders. The best part is that it gets blended really well and becomes your "own skin". People have complimented me on my skin every time I wear it. Although its pricey, yet it definitely does justice to the price you pay!!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

4 years ago

Oh my gosh, this is such an amazing foundation for dry skin! It gives a beautiful natural, dewy, healthy-looking finish. However, do not use this if your skin is anything other than dry! I have mixed/dry skin and I had to use blotting paper pretty much immediately after applying the foundation. That said, I still did love this foundation and used it every day. The packaging is beautiful, as can be expected from a Tom Ford product. The color range is a big plus - many neutral tones as well. The reason I won't repurchase this is that it's simply too expensive for me. At almost 80€, this foundation only lasted me 6 months. If it was cheaper, I would go back to this.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

4 years ago

I was intrigued by TF products, and this is one the stuff I first bought. The formula is thin, dries out dewy, lasted about 5-6 hours in humidity. Gives my skin the healthy no makeup look, and I love it. I still prefer MJ's Gel foundie over this one. This is a very good foundation, but IMO not worth the price, no wow factor whatsoever. Maybe in time I definitely use this foundie as my daily, but for now I'm faithful to my MJ's Genius Gel. Pros: Very easy to apply, the pump gives the perfect amount of product. No transfer, oxidized color is fine, nothing weird/patchy whatsoever. Good amount of coverage. Dewy, healthy looking MSBB on me. Cons: Price way too steep, for a comparable product. Should wear a primer underneath, otherwise in a few hours my face will look like an oily mess (from a normal to dry skin gal like me, this is surprising). I normally don't use powder as a setting step, but for this foundie, I have to.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

4 years ago

Amazing foundation for normal dry skin types! Provides sheer to medium coverage and looks very natural on skin without enhancing pores or lines... Am very happy to use it because I love the color 06 I choosed for my tanned skin! Nc43 at the moment! Tom Ford is one of my favorites makeup brands. It's high quality and I love the way the products looks and the way it feels on my skin. Highly recommended

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan