Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

3.8

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 5.0% Zinc Oxide 5.0% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

on 9/17/2017 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

OMG this what's the hands down best face makeup that ever existed! It was the ONLY thing that my husband wanted me to wear. WHY was it discontinued?!!!! I'm so upset, nothing else makes me look even half as good! Anyone know where to get them or have one please let me know! I use shade Vanilla glow

on 10/27/2012 4:02:00 AM

I have very sensitive and problematic skin; redness, blemishes, dryness, blackheads... pretty much "all in one" skin.

I can not use skin care products any more due to sensitivity of my skin. I just cleanse. I can not use sunscreen neither (I get cystic acne and redness in just one day all over my face, my aunt who is a dermatologist told me to stop sunscreens containing chemical filters.). When it comes to make up I've tried nearly every foundation, tinted moisturizers, BB creams whatever on the market. The same problem. They appear really well (especially Chanel ones) but when I remove them my problems get worse.

I had lost my hope, but one day during my visit to Sephora I saw this, I checked the ingredients, it was nearly the same with Cargo's and Stila's tinted moisturizers that I was looking for for a long time (They are not sold anymore where I live.).

This tinted moisturizer has light to medium coverage and the lightest shade really fits me. (If you want more coverage you can put some powder on it?) It is oil-free and fragrance-free. I can still see my acne rednesses after I put this cream on but I get a more even tone which seems natural. I hate foundations during day. My family, my boyfriend, my friends all of them hate foundation. Nobody wears foundation here and if you wear foundation, you know, they look at you like you spent lots of time in front of mirror for nothing.

Also this cream has physical filters, two types of vitamin C (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate and Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate). I never see them together on the formulations, also the very expensive serums contain just one of them. These are the best forms of vitamin C. They are very stable and very effective.

So it is not really moisturizing (I don't want it to! Otherwise I walk like an oil slick. I have to blot-I hate putting paper on my face.) but when I first put this on and removed the night, I didn't get any rednesses or blemishes, on the contrary my rednesses had been calmed down a little bit. I use it for one month and still didn't see any negative points.

The packaging is really cute too, not very vintage (I don't like vintage packaging like Benefit's) but more like Agent Provocateur style :P

I hope they won't discontinue it. I might buy it forever.

on 8/27/2012 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like the finish this bb gives,though I consider it a TM instead of a bb, so that's what I'll compare it to. It has a thinner, more fluid texture than Tarte or LM TM, my other favorites.I have dry skin, so have used this with a light moisturizer underneath. Even without the moisturizer, it blends in properly. Vanilla Glow is a bit warmer than ideal for me ( about NW 10 -ish ) ,but is so light and translucent that it works as long as I don't use too much. The finish is absolutely beautiful. Not dewy,not shiny, not shimmery, just a glow . I know "lit-from-within" is a MU cliche, but it applies in this case.Staying power is very good; It still looks good after a day at work, though I do need to blot my t-zone after about 5 hours. I don't count on the spf, as, of course, I don't pile on 1/4 tsp of this.However, with it's extremely sheer coverage , I probably could.Don't expect any hiding of flaws with this, just a glowing refinement of your skin's overall appearance. Will repurchase.

on 6/21/2012 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this bb cream. Usually the bb cream that comes from the US isn't the best and I've always found some sort of issue with them and never came close when comparing them to the ones from Asia, but this bb cream takes the lead!

It comes on smoothly and blends so well. Even in the summertime when my skin becomes more tan as I have to work more outdoors, the bb cream still blends well with my skintone. It does everything from giving you enough skin protection to coverage. Not only does it make my skin look even better (I'm Asian and constantly getting complimented even before I started using this bb cream, but when I started using this stuff I'm getting even more compliments!!)!!
I love this product so much that whenever I go into Sephora to buy another bottle, I RAVE about the stuff to other customers.

The only thing I could change is the price, but even then the price compared to the other bb creams found in Sephora it's still very reasonable.
If you want something easy to apply, that makes you look flawless, that protects your skin, that lasts all day long (yes, even in 100+ degree weather AND working out), and a fast application and go...this is the stuff you go for!

on 6/4/2012 5:10:00 AM

I've tried three Korean BB cream before and I have to say that I like this BB cream from Too Faced more. I have acne prone skin and this BB cream hasn't broke me out. I like the glow it gives to my skin and it last all day!

Love this! First bb cream I've used. Covers the redness on my cheeks while still looking natural. I follow it up with some concealer where I need it and it looks flawless and light. I have some old acne marks on my cheeks and I would feel pretty comfortable if I only had this product to use on its own in a pinch because I do find the coverage to be pretty good. Great for if you're on vacation and you don't want to bother with too many products! Works really well as a primer under my Bobbi Brown moisturizing foundation but not so well under my MUFE HD foundation - probably because the HD is pretty heavy coverage on its own or maybe because it isn't that moisturizing. Other than that it's pretty much perfect!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First, I do have to say that I think this product is NOT for those looking for A. heavy coverage or B. Have lots of break outs or problem skin. You will not get the coverage you are looking for and for those with extremely oily skin, large pores, extreme redness or dryness I am not sure how this product will work for you. I am also not sure how this product works on older skin.

I think this product is best for those with fairly normal skin (mine is slightly oily and this is still great product for me) with no severe skin problems or issues and are just looking for light coverage and something to "enhance the skin."

If that is what you are looking for--this is perfect and an absolutely amazing product! So smooth and natural and the yellowish shade of the "vanilla glow" is perfect for my warm light skin tone--I have SUCH a hard time finding a warm shade that matches my fair but very gold tinted skin tone--so many products are too orange, or too pink and look ridiculous on fair but very warm/yellow/gold skinned toned ladies. (For those with more cool/pinkish skin tones, I am afraid this is not the shade for you--and their whole line looks pretty warm toned--but who knows, ask for a sample at sephora!)

I love the "dewiness" of this product--- but don't worry--when you first apply it actually looks more dewey then when it "sets"--my skin absorbs more of the product about 15 minutes after applying and the result is lovely! Even though my skin is slightly on the oily side I have not found the dewiness too much (that being said I do not apply any moisturizer in the morning as this is a moisturizing product!!) A quick blot or go over with BE or a light powder would do the trick for those who feel it is too "dewy."

My skin has never looked lovely! The actual coverage is just what I was looking for-- light to light/medium--so for those looking for medium to heavy coverage--this is NOT for you! But this is the first product that has evened out my skin tone, and actually provided the claimed "radiance" and "youthful glow" that so many foundations, primers, lotions, tinted moisturizers, etc. claim.

For me, it is worth the 38 dollar price tag and I will ABSOLUTELY purchase again!

on 5/6/2012 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse

Love it! This is the best tinted moisturizer I've used thus far and I fear I'm coming to the end of my tube. Love that Too Faced uses great packaging - easy to work the product out. My skin feels and looks great and this is the first tinted moisturizer that fully delivers as I expect it to. Yay!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was given a sample from a MU artist @ Sephora and went back to purchase. I have been wearing BE mineral foundation for 15 years.(I know you absolutely must prime your face before wearing any mineral style foundation) and this worked perfectly...Better than the moisturizer I was using. I am very fair and this shade was perfect for me. It made my makeup application a more finished look, more "set". Loved it. You do not have to use much and I adore the squeeze tube as it will keep it hygenic til it is gone. I would wear it alone on the weekend and not feel quite so undone when I am not wearing the full makeup look.

on 4/25/2012 8:02:00 AM

I sampled this at Sephora yesterday. I loved it. I put some on the top of my hand, then took Too Faced's powder foundation and dusted that over top. The look was flawless. It hid all the freckles on my hand without looking fake or cakey. I really want to try it on my face, but alas, bills are due so it'll have to wait. Once I get it & give it a shot I'll further edit my review (: