La Roche Posay Toleriane Teint Fluid

La Roche Posay Toleriane Teint Fluid

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this product for many years now. I have repurchased it many times. It was a life savior when I had a really, really bad rosacea flareup, and when I say bad I mean BAD. It was basically the only thing that helped me to cover up my scaly, crusty and red skin and prevented me from being miserable any longer. I have been buying it ever since.
The only thing I do not really like about it are the color choices. There are only 3 to choose from - 11, 13 and 15. At least in my country. 11 is too light for me, 15 is too dark. So, I am buying nr. 13. At one point in my life I bought 13 and 15 and mixed them together - this was a good choice during summer as I get tan. However, I have a yellow undertone, and this is kinda pink, so it is not perfect either. I still use it because I blend it in with my neck and it is fine. I like the coverage, it is VERY spreadable, so that little bottle goes a long way. I think mine lasts for 6 months or so, and that is amazing considering I put it on every single day. I feel like paying 20€ twice a year is a good deal.
ALL IN ALL:
Pros: great coverage, spreadability, one bottle lasts a long time, good for sensitive skin
Cons: color choices, smells medicinal

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite foundation ever !! I can't express how glad i am that i got a foundation with a flawless, literally flawless coverage! Whether it's acne, scars, rosacea, blemishes.. Any kind of imperfections, this will totally cover it up! Without looking cakey or have tons of makeup on your face. A one layer of that will perfectly hide 90% of your skin problems and you might add a 2nd layer for a higher 100% flawless coverage. It also conceales your face so if you don't have very noticable dark circles under your eyes, you don't need a concealer at all! And what is more important that it doesn't cause breakouts which is an issue i suffered from with almost every foundation. This is the best of the best !

To Read all 9 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/15/2015 10:36:00 AM

I really love la roche posay products, but this wasn't for me. Although it's for sensitive skin, which is always a plus, it's not a good foundation.
It's also a bit on the pricey side.
I got the lightest shade available and it was multiple shades darker than my very fair skin. I blended it with moisturizer and the color was still way off.
So if you are porcelain pale this isn't for you.
In addition I found it didn't blend well leaving streaks and drying before being able to really be blended.
It had a nice feeling to it and it didn't break out my acne-prone skin. So I'd say this is an ok product and might be a good product for darker and more oily skin

on 3/24/2015 10:06:00 PM

Overall I like it.
Pros: The coverage/ pigmentation is very high so only a tiny amount is needed. It is extremly blend-able. Working with a dense real technique brush I can cover my entire face only using about a pea size amount of product.
Staying power is good. There is no smell. It doesn't cause me any breakouts.
The tube is very handy to take along and also it is easy to dispense just the right amount

Cons: it does settle a little into pores and even though I only use a really small amount in daylight you can still see foundation on my face. Color selection is a bit poor.
It is a little shiny and I need some powder on top of it.

on 6/24/2014 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like it but no, it doesn't sink in, accentuates the pores, gives me a mask effect and the color choice is terrible. Luckily I gave it a try and took a sample.

I have tried a lot of foundations,searching for the perfect one. The last 8months I have skin problems. My skin is usually dry and sensitive,but from october I got severe acne with cysts because of antibiotics. So these months were horrible to me. now I have hyper pigmentation in red and my pores look larger because of all the things I used to get rid of the cysts. So its really hard to find a good foundation and concealer. All of them are too heavy or too matte and when ur skin is dry ,u dont need matte efect, u need dewy finish and light formula. I used Avene, Clinique, Vichy, Bioderma and they were awful. Since I found this I receive compliments for my natural looking skin. I like my colour11-I am pale but with yellow undertones. When I put it on, at first it looks toooo matte, but in 1-2 hours its perfect! I use a very little from it and on my red pigmentation I use MAC studio finish mixed with primer for dry skin (without the primer I cant blend it) Its amazing! Lasts on my face for about 16 hours lol and its the perfect finish for me,so I dont need powder. In love ♥

on 3/30/2012 4:24:00 AM

Don't really like it, but not really hate it. It's ok for the night, when lighting is low and your face does not receive too much light. Product covers up really well, there are no objections here. But it's tooooo powdery and takes on clothes if you accidentally touch your face. Product is not that granular so it's noticeable on the face, it shines from the very beginning and there are only a few colors available.
wouldn't repeurchase it.

on 2/15/2012 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Not the best makeup I've ever had, but not a big disappointment. I think, it's heavy for my skin, and doesn't look very invisibly. The lightest shade 10 - ivory is too dark for my very pale skin. Coverage is medium to 75 per cent. Not full coverage, but also not a cakey mask.

on 1/3/2012 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have worn this only one day, but want to write my initial impression of this, and update later.
What this says: moderate-high coverage, ultra workable/glides on easily, natural, never cakey result, long lasting comfort, matte result. For sensitive skin, preservative free, non-comedogenic, SPF 25. Can safely be applied after surgery or treatments like peeling.
For my yellow-toned about NC15 skin number 10 is an OK colour, but it's more of an NW15
This comes in a 1 oz. tube with a very small opening (not too), so it's easy to squeeze out just as much as you need. I squeezed out just as much as I use with my regular foundation. Once I started applying, I noticed that it was too much, so this foundation will last longer than my other foundations.
This really applies very easily (did it with fingers), and glides very easily, which makes me wonder about the amount of cones in it (notice: silicones do NOT clog pores -they actually evaporate from the skin). What I did notice though, was that this doesn't seem to be good with my moisturiser, or I need to let it sink in for longer, because it felt like the foundation was balling up... strange enough, it didn't look so, and the balls seemed to disappear after I patted all over my face with my fingers. The second time I tried it, I let my moisturise sink in for a very long time first... still balled up. I hope it doesn't happen even without moisturiser. Will update.
This says the coverage is full, but I wouldn't really say that - it's medium, and can even be light, but I don't think this can be built up to full. This I already noticed in the store, and thought that it's good, because I don't need full coverage anyway. The result can be natural, IF you go light, but as with most foundations, this will most likely still be detectable. Also it's not matte - it's more dewey on me, and I have dry skin.
I chose to powderover this one, although I don't like to do it over any foundation because it then tends to break up on my face, which happened a tiny bit with this too after about 4 hours. After this time, my face does still feel moisturised, and not dried out at all. Seems like this stuff really lets my skin breathe though, because I've been sitting in a hot room for the entire time, and my face doesn't look much oily at all.
Minus for easy transfering.
All in all, it's a good foundation for the price, as there's not many out there for reeeally sensitive skin.
Would I recommend. Not really. I don't quite like the texture of it on the skin: it's sitting abit on top of it + transfers easily + takes a long time to set, making application of other makeup on top inconvenient. If you have VERY sensitive skin that needs minimal coverage (so you can apply this really light) and the colour suit you, you may like it, but there are definitely many better foundations out there. One that is better from the same line is the cream compact one for sensitive dry skin, but it's a bit expensive. They also have a mineral one for sensitive oily skin.