Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector

Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector
Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector

3.5

cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymersilica, isononyl isononanoate, isododecane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silesequioxane crosspolymer, polymethyl methacrylate, lauroyl lysine, hydrolyzed soy protein, ethylhexylglycerin, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, methicone, tocopheryl acetate, coconut acid, water, phenoxethanol, +/- mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, and carmine.

on 10/22/2017 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a product to be used specifically on the areas of your face where your pores look big and visible and it does the job perfectly! I have used this perfector for several years and I apply it after my moisturiser only on the specific areas of my face where I feel my pores are visible and look big, the trick is to apply a small amount and gently tap it in / gently smooth it over - you do not want to wipe all the product off, it fills in your pores sort of like polyfilla and lasts all day. Visible and large pores become tiny pores with this product on. I have extremely sensitive skin and this product has never ever broken me out or resulted in spots/ lumps or bumps, even at the times when I have used it every single day. I am shade NW 20 in MAC and quite often use self tan on my face and I use this in the colour invisible deep, it looks really dark when it first comes out of the tube but once you smooth it over it blends perfectly.
I think it's a real shame that some people have mistaken this product for a regular primer to be used over your entire face and have given it a bad score because that is not what this product is. That's a bit like 20-year-olds giving bad reviews for anti-ageing products meant for 40-year-olds.
Yes the price is quite high but it does last for an incredibly long time and even when you think it's running out you can usually squeeze at least two more weeks worth of use out of the tube. I have tried a few cheaper options from High Street brands but they don't come close to producing the same result.

on 3/21/2016 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has been the best pore filler so far for me. I have tried several others and keep coming back. I find this product when pressed in not rubbed on fills my pores and looks natural for my fair to medium skin tone. I have a moderately oily T-zone so if you are extremely oily I am not sure how this would work for you. I have nothing bad to say about it. I love the whole Pore Refining line by Clinique. It is pricey but effective.

on 4/27/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this, not as a primer but an unusual make-up setting product. I have an oily t-zone but dryness elsewhere. I've started to use lighter weight and more satin finish products, and moved away from super matte options. Because of that I was noticing a bit a break down by the end of the day in my oily spots. I pulled this out of my stash after being reminded of a guru who used this to set makeup and I love it for this. I think I tried it as a primer and was under-whelmed thus it sat in my stash forgotten for a year.

To use: I use a grain of rice size, spread between index fingers and press (not rub) this into the sides of my nose (big pores), centre of the forehead and over my brows (oily). This doesn't deposit, alter or remove any colour when used over liquid foundations, even on my dark complexion. It disappears completely and reduces appearance of pores along with it. I imagine this could be used to touch up without getting cakey, but I've not had to do that yet. Maybe in the height of summer I'll give it a go and report back.

By the end of the day I no longer need to blot. I'm glad I rediscovered this. Definite repurchase and recommend, but it has a very specialised use. Probably not nearly enough if you're very oily and I doubt it helps much if you have normal/dry skin. But I love it.

on 2/16/2015 10:47:00 PM

When first applied, pores are minimized but after 2-3hours, pores appear again.

This made me break out.

on 2/10/2015 6:14:00 PM

This is basically a primer. I personally think that there are better ones out there which are cheaper, give a much smoother base for makeup and are easier to apply.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I ♥♥♥♥ this product! Over the years as my skin has improved, or I have started to treat it better, I have needed less foundation but still needed away to help minimize my pores and reduce shine. I have super oily skin and this mattifies me perfectly - I love everything about it! The texture is silky, it glides on and fills pores well, it keeps me nice and matte for 5-6 hours (a record for me!) and just basically does what it promises.

I have tried Garnier 5 Second Blur, L'Oreal Miracle Blur, Dr Feelgood, Pores No More, and so many others, and nothing comes close to this for me. I heard that it was discontinued and almost cried, then I realized it was the Pore Minimizer so phew!

Cons would be the price and small size, but it's still worth it for very oily skin and huge pores.

on 2/18/2014 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is a life saver in humid Ohio summers...though I often use it year round since I have quite oily skin on my forehead and tip of my nose. Just keep it away from your hairline and eyebrows or it will leave a powdery residue. You only need a tiny bit, so a tube of it lasts a really long time. It leaves your forehead with a smooth, porcelain finish.

on 3/6/2014 8:46:00 PM

It works really well for my oily eyelids and tzone, in particular for hot and humid climate in Indonesia. It keeps my eyeliner from being smudged. You put in on before and after makeup

on 10/1/2014 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

If youve got very oily skin and your make up slides by noon, youll need this. Its increases wear time and it reduces the appearance of pores. Just a tiny dot suffices

Ive been on the Invisible Bright sample for a week now. But Im a bit hesitant about buying the full size tube. While Im happy that it delivers what its supposed to, im not quite liking the finish look. Its a VERY matte finish (almost dull looking) and it doesnt make my foundation go on smoothly.

And I feel this can be a bit drying. Wouldn't recommend to normal or dry skinned ladies.