Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector

Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector

3.4

cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymersilica, isononyl isononanoate, isododecane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silesequioxane crosspolymer, polymethyl methacrylate, lauroyl lysine, hydrolyzed soy protein, ethylhexylglycerin, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, methicone, tocopheryl acetate, coconut acid, water, phenoxethanol, +/- mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, and carmine.

on 3/21/2016 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has been the best pore filler so far for me. I have tried several others and keep coming back. I find this product when pressed in not rubbed on fills my pores and looks natural for my fair to medium skin tone. I have a moderately oily T-zone so if you are extremely oily I am not sure how this would work for you. I have nothing bad to say about it. I love the whole Pore Refining line by Clinique. It is pricey but effective.

This made me break out.

To Read all 46 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/27/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this, not as a primer but an unusual make-up setting product. I have an oily t-zone but dryness elsewhere. I've started to use lighter weight and more satin finish products, and moved away from super matte options. Because of that I was noticing a bit a break down by the end of the day in my oily spots. I pulled this out of my stash after being reminded of a guru who used this to set makeup and I love it for this. I think I tried it as a primer and was under-whelmed thus it sat in my stash forgotten for a year.

To use: I use a grain of rice size, spread between index fingers and press (not rub) this into the sides of my nose (big pores), centre of the forehead and over my brows (oily). This doesn't deposit, alter or remove any colour when used over liquid foundations, even on my dark complexion. It disappears completely and reduces appearance of pores along with it. I imagine this could be used to touch up without getting cakey, but I've not had to do that yet. Maybe in the height of summer I'll give it a go and report back.

By the end of the day I no longer need to blot. I'm glad I rediscovered this. Definite repurchase and recommend, but it has a very specialised use. Probably not nearly enough if you're very oily and I doubt it helps much if you have normal/dry skin. But I love it.

on 2/16/2015 10:47:00 PM

When first applied, pores are minimized but after 2-3hours, pores appear again.

on 2/10/2015 6:14:00 PM

This is basically a primer. I personally think that there are better ones out there which are cheaper, give a much smoother base for makeup and are easier to apply.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I ♥♥♥♥ this product! Over the years as my skin has improved, or I have started to treat it better, I have needed less foundation but still needed away to help minimize my pores and reduce shine. I have super oily skin and this mattifies me perfectly - I love everything about it! The texture is silky, it glides on and fills pores well, it keeps me nice and matte for 5-6 hours (a record for me!) and just basically does what it promises.

I have tried Garnier 5 Second Blur, L'Oreal Miracle Blur, Dr Feelgood, Pores No More, and so many others, and nothing comes close to this for me. I heard that it was discontinued and almost cried, then I realized it was the Pore Minimizer so phew!

Cons would be the price and small size, but it's still worth it for very oily skin and huge pores.

on 10/1/2014 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

If youíve got very oily skin and your make up slides by noon, youíll need this. Itís increases wear time and it reduces the appearance of pores. Just a tiny dot suffices

Iíve been on the Invisible Bright sample for a week now. But Iím a bit hesitant about buying the full size tube. While Iím happy that it delivers what itís supposed to, im not quite liking the finish look. Its a VERY matte finish (almost dull looking) and it doesnít make my foundation go on smoothly.

And I feel this can be a bit drying. Wouldn't recommend to normal or dry skinned ladies.

on 3/6/2014 8:46:00 PM

It works really well for my oily eyelids and tzone, in particular for hot and humid climate in Indonesia. It keeps my eyeliner from being smudged. You put in on before and after makeup

on 2/18/2014 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is a life saver in humid Ohio summers...though I often use it year round since I have quite oily skin on my forehead and tip of my nose. Just keep it away from your hairline and eyebrows or it will leave a powdery residue. You only need a tiny bit, so a tube of it lasts a really long time. It leaves your forehead with a smooth, porcelain finish.

on 1/1/2014 7:42:00 AM

I've tried all manner of pore hiding & mattifying primers and whilst some would hide the pores, and some would stop the grease, none before this did both. I use it only on and around my nose, chin & forehead (I learned the hard way not to put it on dryer bits) and I still look pretty OK several hours later, which for someone with the degree of greasyness I have on my tzone is a spectacular result!
Looking at the mixed reviews, and having ended up with flaky cheeks after slapping it all over, I think it is best suited to those who have real grease issues.