L.A. COLORS JUMBO EYE PENCIL

Filtered by age: 36-43
L.A. COLORS JUMBO EYE PENCIL

4.6

I was picking up some new l a colors color craze gel like polishes when I noticed these.I recently had a dream that I was wearing bold blue eye makeup, and for only 1.50,I thought why not.I got pool party, a bright medium blue with sparkles and a sparkly taupe shade (don't Rember the color name).the taupe one broke before I could finish the first eye (maybe it was the heat),so I threw it in the trash.I then lined my bottom eye lashes with pool party. Next I used it to color my eyelid and crease.very pretty color with a small bit of glitter. It made my blue eyes look almost aqua! I did not bother with primer and it looked slightly faded after a few hours, so I added some more .even took some selfies of myself wearing it,i liked it that much. Called it a night early, so I can't be sure how long it lasts.but it's totally worth a dollar fifty!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I have both this & NYX Milk. LAC is on par with NYX so no need to spend the extra $3-$4. If you find the pencil too soft place in the freezer for a short period or the fridge.Works like a charm to harden.They sale them at Dollar General & Family Dollar.

on 8/12/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

These pencils are amazing! Nice pigment and smooth as silk. I wore pool party the other day over my entire lid (like a shadow) and I never had a hint in creasing.The color stayed put all day until night when I took it off with makeup remover! Bought these at Dollar General for 1.50 each. My only gripe is they keep running out of the colors that I want to add to my collection! :)

I have seashell in my constant rotation. I like to sharpen pencils like these (also NYX JEPs) w a bigger oversized Rimmel pencil sharpener. It wastes less product. That's how I sharpen my Nars matte lip crayons, just any pencil of that size works better in the bigger sharpener than the sharpeners that have the standard & slightly-bigger-than-standard-pencil hole. Seashell is a basic matte white dupe for NYX JEP Milk; it does tend to melt after a few hours on my extremely oily lids. Cannot beat the price! I picked up a couple other colors (names are escaping me at the moment but Pool Party which is a turquoise is one, but I haven't seriously played w them much!). As somebody whom is a serious white eye shadow collector, this is most def something worth buying. LA Colors is stepping up their game. Their eyeliner pencils are pretty good, their blushes/bronzer, nailpolish, lipstick, & ESP these JEPs are all great esp for the price. I've been budgeting myself more so I am glad that more brands are making affordable ("cheaper") makeup choices so all can afford to get some plus this is a cruelty free company. Yaay!! :)

on 9/1/2012 7:52:00 PM

I find these jumbo pencils an unsung hero of the makeup world. I hauled these from cherry culture and got almost every color for the price of a paint pot. For an eyeshadow base these cannot be beat for slip, color saturation, and price. Even on my semi-oily lids, the work just as good as the nars, urban decay, and nyx pencils. Love these...definitely worth a try.