RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
RIMMEL Volume Accelerator Mascara

3.0

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this product for free, but it is available at Walmart for $7.97. Luckily for me, I didn't have to waste money on this product. I prefer a fuller brush and this brush is like a large spiral. The mascara itself is very stringy. After applying it to my lashes, it left the tips with extra strings of mascara and didn't nothing to build my lashes and rather than make them full, it made them look sparse. Just awful.

on 7/1/2012 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am blessed with long, moderately light colored lashes so I'm looking for something to thicken them up a bit, make them darker. I have used Rimmel's Lash Extender for years and I do really like it. The only problem with that product is that even black (001) doesn't seem black enough. It leaves my lashes long and seperate, but not dark enough. I decided to try another Rimmel mascara in hopes of darkening it while maintaining the quality of length/seperation.

So now I have a love/hate relationship with Volume Accelerator.

What I love:
* Nice and dark. Leaves lashes thick & black, which is what I wanted. They look nice & full when I'm wearing it.

What I don't love:
* Clumpy formula. The brush is great but the mascara is so thick that it comes out of the bottle already clumpy, making it a challenge to apply it smoothly and evenly.
* Slight heavy feeling. It leaves my lashes feeling a bit weighed down.

While I am on the fence about it, I will continue looking around for something that blends both length, seperation and color... the ever elusive perfect & affordable mascara.

on 6/20/2012 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara for $7.24 which is kinda expensive for rimmel. The mascara is a very wet consistency, but the brush is nice, its tapered fat in the middle and gradients downward into a thin point. One side of the brush is rounded, the other side flat. This mascara does separate will, and I have noticed my lashes do look more numerous, and a bit longer after a month of using this. I think this mascara lengthens and separates for me - more than it does volume. It is a good mascara in my opinion and I *may* purchase it again.....the only thing holding me back is the price and the fact that I have found mascaras way cheaper that have pleased me much more than this mascara. But it isn't bad.