Chanel Joues Contraste in Rose Ecrin

Chanel Joues Contraste in Rose Ecrin

4.7

on 2/15/2016 12:47:00 AM

My favourite blush of all time. Subtle rose pink colour, needs quite a bit of work to build up colour on the cheek but I quite like that, as its almost impossible to stuff up or over do it (I have heard that the formula in the US is different to what we get here in Australia and as a result their colour payoff is apparently better and more easily build-able but I'm not sure if this is correct or not) but looks just amazing on, I have yet to find something I like quite as much. Works with just about any look and have friends of different skin tones who have used this and looks equally good so i think it would suit almost anyone. Was a bit disappointed in the packaging, the mirror came unstuck within a few weeks of purchasing it and the brush is pretty useless, however most compact brushes are so no surprises there.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Rose Ecrin:
Beautiful product…except for the scent (a very old fashioned floral, rose?)…which offends me so much that despite owning this gorgeous product for about six months, I've only worn it a couple handful of times. I tell myself it fades with wear, and maybe it's just my scent paranoia, but I think I catch whiffs of it throughout the day, and it makes me crinkle my nose.

However, this blush is gorgeous otherwise. Fine, silky, super pigmented and the color is so amazingly naturally perfect for my nw20 skin, I can't tell it's blush instead of my natural cheek color, it just glides on seamlessly. The finish isn't completely matte…there's a sort of satin look to it that just melts into my skin…no shimmer or shine. It's everything a blush *should* be. I can use a touch up about half way through my day, although, that's pretty typical for blushes on me.

Packing is beautiful too, with the shiny black compact and velveteen sleeve. I turn the sleeve inside out so the velvet is brushing against the compact: this helps with the fingerprints the compact collects, and also prevents dust from collecting on the outside more. The little brush is ok…it's the nicest little blush brush that I've seen, but it doesn't do an amazing job at application, so it's only good in a pinch.

I'm pretty heart broken that I can't repurchase Rose Ecrin: With Chanel's ambiguous animal-testing policy and the scent, I just can't bring myself to plunk down another $45 for it, no matter how lovely the product is.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I'm in love with this blush.
I only used it twice and it is already in my top 5 of makeup products.
The color is perfect for my fair skin tone and gives me a healthy and natural look.
As it is a cold shade of pink I think that this blush is more suitable for autumn and winter (in fact it is part of a collection of Chanel's makeup for winter).
I don't apply it with the brush that comes included, as it is more suitable for touch ups throughout the day.
I apply rose ecrin with my fingers or with my sephora's brush nÂş40.
The blush has a fantastic smell of roses that comes to my nose every time that I open that black little box, this little detail makes it very "different".
The box is the Chanel's classic and comes with a velvet pouch, which makes it even more perfect and luxurious.

on 3/24/2013 3:19:00 AM

A luxurious velvet packet of rose-scented Rose Ecrin!
What a delicious color it delivers on the face, a sheen of.... My, my. What my natural flush is in tone.

Of course, I do not have perfect skin so I usually do have to use foundation or concealer which then masks any natural flushing I have in my skin. A sweep of this on my cheeks, and (GOODNESS, forbid. I never do this with any other skintone) on my nose! Sometimes chin and forehead!

It makes me look healthy, natural, and also has an added sheen since it is the JC formula. I absolutely love this. I've been using it almost everyday for the past six weeks since I've owned it. The only other blush I managed to use is a Tarte one I picked up even more recently, but still, I venture back to this when I want a rosy, cooler color. It's subtle, yet it can be built up.

One con about this though, is the atrocious shedding brush it comes with. I simply cannot fathom using that. The brushes I use with this product are either a Japonesque large eye shader brush, or the Real Techniques Contour brush.

My final words? I've never been so much in love with a blush. Definitely makes top 5, because it gives me a reason not to skip blush out of laziness!

on 2/22/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Unbelievably beautiful. This is my go-to blush for a healthy, rosy look on my pale winter skin (MAC NW15).

The case shows fingerprints easily and the blush tends to create excess dust, so be prepared to lightly clean the compact after every use.

on 12/20/2012 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lovely blush!
I love the scent, packaging, colour and texture just everything about it is amazing. This was my first Chanel blush so I went with a very natural, pretty pink colour for every day wear and special occasion and it is just that. It can be built up very well and the brush applicator that comes with the product is actually useful unlike other cheaper blushes applicators! I would definitely recommend this product. The scent of it is like turkish delight and roses! According to the sales staff their blushers are actually baked on rose petals! Very luxury, very Chanel.
A+!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I read that Kirsten Dunst wore this and having the same coloring as hers I decided to try it, and it was in fact an absolutely beautiful and natural blush. However, the perfumed scent was disgusting and left my skin feeling itchy so I had to toss it. I really wish Chanel would come up with some fragrance-free products.

on 8/11/2012 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Excellent. It's just a perfect, easy blush for everyday. I love it.

It is very easy to apply - I put it on with a fairly crappy brush and it is fine. I wear it almost every day to work (my other main blush is Illamasqua Tremble, but that is a bit more dramatic). Rose Ecrin is subtle, but wakes my face up. I actually often use it almost like a bronzer, particularly in winter when actual bronzers look muddy. By that I mean I sweep a little amount on my chin, nose, and forehead. It stops my face from looking flat, as it can when I'm wearing foundation.

The actual colour is a soft, natural pink with sort of muted undertones. It's not a clear, cool pink, but it doesn't strike me as particularly warm either. I guess I'd say it's a neutral pink.

It looks a bit sparkly in the pan but I never see any sparkles on my face.

It's a good blush for when you want a bright or strong lip - it's very subtle so you won't look like a clown.

A+ from me!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I like this. I was in the store and in the pan it looks like a dupe for Caprice, but in reality it is lighter and pinker. Still close and still cute. It leans dusty but not so much as Caprice. It is a light baby pink with bluish undertones.

The brush seems wider than my other JCs, but it still doesn't pick up anything off of this.

I have the EU version and it is hard even for a JC, so I can't give it 5 lippies. I have to struggle and scrape and build and build to get this to show up. But it is a solid four once you can get some on your brush and get it to work.

on 5/25/2012 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This neutral-to-warm, light-to-medium rose looks beautifully glowy and sophisticated on cheeks. It's pretty pigmented and has the usual lovely JC scent. (Also, the US version has a brush that's not quite as terrible as the EU one.)

Popular Blush Products