Chanel Joues Contraste in Rose Ecrin

4.7

on 5/8/2017 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Chanel is my favorite blush brand and I have more blushes from Chanel than any other brand. Every single one of them on me looks very natural with just enough sheen. True matte imo is not as natural looking. This shade is a peachy rose. I prefer my blush and lipstick to be in the same general color family. I've been wearing it with peachy beiges, but I think it will work with corals and true peaches as well. I'm not sure how it will work for people with coloring other than mine, but it is lovely if you are fair with a neutral to slightly yellow toned complexion.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Thanks MUA i shopped my stash + pulled out Giggle Glossimer looks awesome together! I already had Giggle I guess it's DC now it's #46 in case anyone is looking thru their stash too. This blush is amazing! It's Pink and and a bit of brown really similar to In Love it's not really necessary to own both but I do lol this smells like roses "like how angels' sweat smells" LOL I have the US version. The word "ecrin" means jewelry box in French (I had to look it up--I'm a word nerd!) this is so simple it's not merely "just pink" it IS pink in its simplicity, elegance, it needs no adornments. It embodies so much a freshness, newness to Spring weather (not sure what collex this originated) a fresh faced simple approach to MU. I only need powder fdtn, mascara (curl my lashes w a hot curler), brows, Giggle glossimer & this blush maybe a little soft thin smoked out line of black kajal on the top lash line but that's it! #winning

on 2/15/2016 12:47:00 AM

My favourite blush of all time. Subtle rose pink colour, needs quite a bit of work to build up colour on the cheek but I quite like that, as its almost impossible to stuff up or over do it (I have heard that the formula in the US is different to what we get here in Australia and as a result their colour payoff is apparently better and more easily build-able but I'm not sure if this is correct or not) but looks just amazing on, I have yet to find something I like quite as much. Works with just about any look and have friends of different skin tones who have used this and looks equally good so i think it would suit almost anyone. Was a bit disappointed in the packaging, the mirror came unstuck within a few weeks of purchasing it and the brush is pretty useless, however most compact brushes are so no surprises there.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I'm in love with this blush.
I only used it twice and it is already in my top 5 of makeup products.
The color is perfect for my fair skin tone and gives me a healthy and natural look.
As it is a cold shade of pink I think that this blush is more suitable for autumn and winter (in fact it is part of a collection of Chanel's makeup for winter).
I don't apply it with the brush that comes included, as it is more suitable for touch ups throughout the day.
I apply rose ecrin with my fingers or with my sephora's brush nÂș40.
The blush has a fantastic smell of roses that comes to my nose every time that I open that black little box, this little detail makes it very "different".
The box is the Chanel's classic and comes with a velvet pouch, which makes it even more perfect and luxurious.

on 3/24/2013 3:19:00 AM

A luxurious velvet packet of rose-scented Rose Ecrin!
What a delicious color it delivers on the face, a sheen of.... My, my. What my natural flush is in tone.

Of course, I do not have perfect skin so I usually do have to use foundation or concealer which then masks any natural flushing I have in my skin. A sweep of this on my cheeks, and (GOODNESS, forbid. I never do this with any other skintone) on my nose! Sometimes chin and forehead!

It makes me look healthy, natural, and also has an added sheen since it is the JC formula. I absolutely love this. I've been using it almost everyday for the past six weeks since I've owned it. The only other blush I managed to use is a Tarte one I picked up even more recently, but still, I venture back to this when I want a rosy, cooler color. It's subtle, yet it can be built up.

One con about this though, is the atrocious shedding brush it comes with. I simply cannot fathom using that. The brushes I use with this product are either a Japonesque large eye shader brush, or the Real Techniques Contour brush.

My final words? I've never been so much in love with a blush. Definitely makes top 5, because it gives me a reason not to skip blush out of laziness!

on 2/22/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Unbelievably beautiful. This is my go-to blush for a healthy, rosy look on my pale winter skin (MAC NW15).

The case shows fingerprints easily and the blush tends to create excess dust, so be prepared to lightly clean the compact after every use.

on 12/20/2012 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lovely blush!
I love the scent, packaging, colour and texture just everything about it is amazing. This was my first Chanel blush so I went with a very natural, pretty pink colour for every day wear and special occasion and it is just that. It can be built up very well and the brush applicator that comes with the product is actually useful unlike other cheaper blushes applicators! I would definitely recommend this product. The scent of it is like turkish delight and roses! According to the sales staff their blushers are actually baked on rose petals! Very luxury, very Chanel.
A+!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I read that Kirsten Dunst wore this and having the same coloring as hers I decided to try it, and it was in fact an absolutely beautiful and natural blush. However, the perfumed scent was disgusting and left my skin feeling itchy so I had to toss it. I really wish Chanel would come up with some fragrance-free products.

on 8/11/2012 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Excellent. It's just a perfect, easy blush for everyday. I love it.

It is very easy to apply - I put it on with a fairly crappy brush and it is fine. I wear it almost every day to work (my other main blush is Illamasqua Tremble, but that is a bit more dramatic). Rose Ecrin is subtle, but wakes my face up. I actually often use it almost like a bronzer, particularly in winter when actual bronzers look muddy. By that I mean I sweep a little amount on my chin, nose, and forehead. It stops my face from looking flat, as it can when I'm wearing foundation.

The actual colour is a soft, natural pink with sort of muted undertones. It's not a clear, cool pink, but it doesn't strike me as particularly warm either. I guess I'd say it's a neutral pink.

It looks a bit sparkly in the pan but I never see any sparkles on my face.

It's a good blush for when you want a bright or strong lip - it's very subtle so you won't look like a clown.

A+ from me!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I like this. I was in the store and in the pan it looks like a dupe for Caprice, but in reality it is lighter and pinker. Still close and still cute. It leans dusty but not so much as Caprice. It is a light baby pink with bluish undertones.

The brush seems wider than my other JCs, but it still doesn't pick up anything off of this.

I have the EU version and it is hard even for a JC, so I can't give it 5 lippies. I have to struggle and scrape and build and build to get this to show up. But it is a solid four once you can get some on your brush and get it to work.