BeneFit Cosmetics I Am Rebel

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

2.8

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG I am so glad other people have broken out and have had bad experiences with You Rebel. I thought it was just me! The lady at the BeneFit counter applied it and it looked awesome. But when I took it home and started using it myself, the color was horrible with visible lines. They said it would not wear off easily, but every time I touched my face by accident or blew my nose (when I had a cold) the color came off allll over the tissue or my hand. By the end of the day you could barely tell I had it on at all anymore. Not to mention my breakouts! At first it was a just a few bumps here and there, but after I wore it for about a month, I began breaking out horribly. I stopped using it earlier this week and no new breakouts have occurred. I am going to try the Shiseido line since I have heard good things about it. But please save your money and DO NOT purchase You Rebel-it's a waste of money!

I'm not sure if they've reformulated this since I used it a couple years ago...BUT when I used it there was only one shade, which was slightly too dark for me. and it was greasy. the sa said this was from the sunscreen and tried to sell me a powder to combat the shine. what a mess. AND it comes in a metal tootpaste-like tube which punctures very easily and gets nasty tinted moisturizer all over your makeup bag! yuck.

I'm so glad for all of you that had a good experience with this- but I did not. I bought this after the makeup artist at the mall put this on and hounded me to get it- so I gave in. After using it for a while- I broke out and it just felt greasy all of the time. I also (embarrassingly) found that it DID NOT match my skin color. I did not feel good when I wore this- let alone look good. I did like the name and thought the packaging was pretty cute- but besides that- I would NOT buy this again.

I bought a tube of this about a year and a half ago and got it out recently cos I'm trying to wean myself off full coverage foundations (I've convinced myself I have crap skin but I really don't I have quite good skin!) but it was very orange so I discarded it. I visited a benefit counter at my local department store with my mum and the SA tried this on her. she first used Dr Feelgood and then used Rebel over the top and it looked amazing!!! I bought one there and then and the colour was actually quite beige and light so it must have been my tube that had gone off over the year as I hadn't really used it much. anyway I used it today and it looked perfect!! my problem with TM's in the past has been that they were too sheer - I mean most of them are glorified moisturisers with hardly any tint yet they sell them for a huge price because it is a TM! Rebel gives a little coverage - enough to even out good skin. I've noticed that lots of people complained on the colour - you have to give it a few minutes to settle and adjust to your skin colour then you can apply the rest of your make up and it looks perfect - well on my skin it does and I'm PPP/buff/bone/nc20. I didnt have a problem with the colour at all! beautiful with Benetint and Hoola!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Now called "You Rebel", because I guess " I Am Rebel " sounded very, uh, Tarzanesque? Anyway, Rebel has been reformulated to be less orange and a little more luminous. It's great stuff! It's designed to even out red skintones, looks fabulous on those with roseasea (sp?) and other skin problems that cause redness or discoloration. Not sure if all of the stores have the new formula yet, pretty sure nobody noticed it but me!!! I am very fair skinned and I noticed right away that the texture and color was different than before. It's dewy look comes from the SPF 15, so you need to set it with powder. Give it a try, it won't kill you.

No amount of blending could ever make this look natural...who has skin this color??? I've never seen any orange people unless they've had an accident with the self tanner :) Ick ick ick, don't waste your money! Worthless

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Outstanding tinted Moisturizer. Better than Mercier, Bobbi, Shisheido, and all drugstore brands. Put a bit of Revlon Skinlights lotion on cheeks first, blend in I Am Rebel with a Chanel foundation brush and you'll have dewy beautiful skin!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this product should be renamed "I am Orange!" The only opportunity I will have to wear it will be halloween. I have fair skin, so I should have know a tinted moisturize could never be for all skin types. It may work for you darker skin types out there, or possibly those that indulge in the self-tanner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i was so excited when this first came out! but when i tried it out, it was all goopy and orange on my PPP complexion. so glad i didn't waste my money!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a tinted moisturizer. I bought it because a salesclerk said it was good to wear on "days you don't want to wear makeup". Well, if you don't want to wear makeup DON'T!! But I found that it didn't provide enough coverage for me and it felt greasy on my skin. Probably would be a good product for someone with perfect skin that tends to be on the drier side.