67%

$66.00 on SkinCeuticals
Shop Now

Reviews

7 years ago

My HG sunscreen has always been Shiseido sunscreens and I don't know what made me shell out the bucks to buy this but boy am I glad I did... Other than the cost, ( which is way too high), this is a wonderful tinted sunscreen that matches me perfectly (NW20), stays put all day and really only requires a little powder for me to blot the shine. Some days I put foundation over it if I am looking for a more polished look but not every day. This is rapidly over taking Shiseido as my HG sunscreen. Love this stuff... also, it does not irritate my highly sensitive skin and nor my allergy prone eyes. I bought the supersize bottle for some reason as my first purchase of this and I am really glad I did. Will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

8 years ago

This product is alright. My esthetician convinced me to purchase this because at the time I was not using suncscreen. This product does have a tint to it so it does provide some coverage. This sunscreen goes well under makeup because it doesnt give a greasy feeling, however it is somewhat drying. As a sunscreen it works nicely.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Tan

HairBrunette

8 years ago

I wear this sunscreen every day and I love it. It is super sheer and light and great under makeup. It can leave a white film on your face if you have it too thick in an area, but this is easily buffed into your skin. It doesn't feel at all like you're putting spf 50 on your face. And it lasts a long time - a little of this goes a long way. I bought my first bottle in April and I just had to replace it in December. That seems to justify the price in my book.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

8 years ago

I have been using this sunscreen for a few months and have repurchased three times. My skin is normal and clear except for some blackheads on my nose. I should note that I don't have issues with acne, and I wouldn't consider my skin sensitive. However, I have widespread melasma (brown patches) that I have been treating with Retin-A and Obagi, which can leave my skin red and flaky. A very effective sunscreen is an absolute must, and I have tried dozens. Here are my thoughts: The Physical Fusion SPF 50 is 100% physical sunscreen that offers high protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Personally, I prefer a physical sunscreen over a chemical one because chemical sunscreens leave my skin feeling hot, and my hyper pigmentation is sensitive to both light and heat. The formula is perhaps the most elegant and easy to apply than any other sunscreen I have tried. It melts into my skin, leaving a lovely semi matte finish that isn't shiny. I love that it doesn't sit like a mask on top of my skin, unlike most sunscreens I have used. The tint helps my NC 15 skin tone look more even. While it certainly doesn't conceal my brown patches, I definitely notice a positive improvement in my skin tone after I apply it. The one drawback is that the tint is almost too dark. I would proceed with caution if you are very fair. Most importantly, it works. My pigmentation is slowly but surely lightening. While the Retin A and Obagi are partly responsible, they are useless and damaging if not used with an effective sunscreen. I declare HG status for this one.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

Excellent product. No white/pasty effect to cover up. Have been able to get away with just using this in place of foundation/tinted moisturizer. Get it, you won't be sorry!

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

8 years ago

This is an incredibly sheer, elegant physical sunscreen. The texture is very fluid and silicony, but it doesn't irritate my skin like Shiseido Gentle did. The tint works really well for me (MAC NW20/25), so I only need makeup over it for extra coverage, not colour correction (a first!), and makeup goes on well because of the silicone. It gives coverage similar to a tinted moisturiser, and the finish is satiny. You definitely need an oily cleanser/makeup remover to get this off - I started to breakout with this until I figured that out, but now I use a dual phase remover (Paula's Choice) and it's fine. Like many physical sunscreens it is a little drying under my eyes, but a bit of Paula's Choice Cellular Defense SPF underneath works wonders and acts like an illuminator as well. Like others here, I'm not convinced that it really delivers PPD 21 with 11% actives, but it does have sunspheres which significantly boost SPF and PPD (http://www.rhpersonalcare.com/products/product_print.page?display-mode=tds&product=1122912), and I figure anything above SPF 20/PPD 6 is better than any other wearable physical sunscreen I've found. I'll keep using into the summer and see how it goes. So far, I'm loving it!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

8 years ago

Love this! My skin is oily, and verrrry sensitive/reactive--mild rosacea. Every so-called "gentle" or "for sensitive skin" ss that I've tried has either caused my face to react or made it a greasy white mess. Not this one! I got a rec and took a gamble by buying a small one on eBay. When I saw the color, I was disappointed, because it looked way too dark for my fair skin. But it just blends right in. Very smooth application, and my skin has not reacted badly at all. It's definitely not matte, but not greasy either. It leaves a little enough sheen that I usually don't even put my regular powder over it. I'll blot my face maybe once a day. I once tried the monistat gel over it, and it was fine, but didn't feel necessary. I've been told that I look "glowing," which I can only attribute to this. Spendy, but most definitely worth a try! I'll update if it stops working for me, but for now I'm thinking it's "the one".

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

3.0

8 years ago

Well poop!!! I had such high hopes for this...I am limited to either a completely or almost completely physical sunscreen for my face. This has received such good press, I had been dying to try. I purchased towards the end of June. As others have mentioned, it is very similar in container and texture to some of the Japanese SS (I personally find it very similar to Sofina Perfect UV Lucent spf 50 and Biore Moist UV Face Milk spf 50+ PA+++. Same slender bottle tip, must shake prior to dispensing, little bottles that are expensive, works like a SS and primer in one.) This particular product has a beige tint that completely melts away on my NC 15/Everyday Minerals Fairly Light/Colorstay Buff/Rimmel Ivory skin. It feels LOVELY going on, but don't let the wonderful slip fool you - you still need to use 1/4 teaspoon of this to get adequate protection just like any other SS, but the slip can easily make you think you can use less due to the fabulous ease w/ which this product spreads over your face. I love the fact that it is a physical and is spf 50. I know the company claims a really hi PPD due to its other ingredients besides the actives - personally I'm VERY skeptical of this claim because not only does the SS calculator = 5.3 - 6.3 PPD (depending if ZnO and TiO2 are in water phase or oil phase which I have no way of knowing, so did calculations using all possible combinations) but (and this is why I've d/c using it and its up for swap), my melasma got darker = NOT GOOD!! I'm going back to my tried/true BurnOut - Ocean Tested Physical Sunscreen SPF 30 because even though the PPD is only 7.3 if ZnO is water phase and 9.4 if the ZnO is oil phase, my melasma NEVER gets darker when I use this. Granted, I will use a primer now before foundation which I don't have to do w/ Skinceuticals, but since I have discovered (thx to MUA) Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel (very cheap, very effective primer), I don't mind the extra inexpensive step if it keeps my skin happy and my melasma at bay..

About reviewer (624 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

8 years ago

Very light, sheer sunscreen that will not make you look like you are wearing a physical sunscreen. I'm so glad that someone finally figured out to add tint to these physical sunscreens, because no matter what, without the tint, they leave a white cast. This sunscreen does not. It has a light, liquidy texture that will dry after a little while but I go ahead and put on powder over it. It is like using a very sheer makeup. It provides good sun protection without any chemicals. Basically has no smell and has not irritated my skin in any way. I have noticed a reduction in freckels since starting to use it.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2.0

8 years ago

This is a liquid sunscreen that comes in a small bottle (1.7 oz for around $32). You need to shake it up before applying. It has a beige, warm-toned tint, however it is pretty sheer once applied. I have a picture of the tint in my profile if you would like to see it. THE GOOD: *Nice tint, slightly evens out my skin. Does not cover acne, though. I am NC15 and it works, however it is just a tad darker than my natural tone. It doesn't look terribly obvious, though. *Feels absolutely weightless, not tacky, sticky or heavy. It basically feels like nothing on your skin *Nice for oily skinned people (however with prolonged use it dries me out) *Seems to work as a primer for my mineral foundation - my foundation looked really good on top of this *Quick drydown so I can get my makeup on and go THE BAD: *Stings my skin (eye and cheek area) upon application for 10-20 seconds, then goes away. I blame the isododecane in the ingredients. My skin reacts this way to anything that contains it high up in the ingredient list. *Very strong chemical-like smell when first applied *Dries my skin out if I use it too many days in a row (and I have oily skin) *Expensive *Not sure what I think of the coverage. I wore this daily on a 4 day camping trip, and even though I re-applied (and used the proper amount) my face has color in a few areas. I won't I will repurchase. The burning/tingling sensation along with the pricetag is a turnoff.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm