Sephora Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

4.4

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My ultimate fav liquid lipstick!!! My first liquid lipstick was the KVD and I love that one. But I find myself repurchasing sephora's again and again. I was hesitant at first but since it almost half the price of other liquid lipstick so why not. No regrets since!
So many shades to choose from, even all those new funky colors if you like them! This is the best liquid lipstick i tried. Pigmentation is good, and thumbs up this last wayyy better than most lip cream. I can eat a few times and not to worry about touching up if I'm too busy because my lips will still be stained and not that obvious if the inner lips faded.( but definitely obvious if you eat a burger Haha) .
I have super dry lips too and this is perfect for me! No crusty build up even when you touch up many times or after you eat. Doesnt dry out your lips like other lipsticks. So easy to apply this and not patchy at all. Love love this!

I love this lip stain. It's $14 at Sephora and they have lots of colors to choose from. They are so matte. The product stays on my lips better than any other lip stain I have tried. Like all matte lip stains it makes me look older especially the darker colors. I don't wear a matte dark stain usually so it is fine. The smell of these are nice too. Overall a great lippie product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I adore these! I can’t even name how many I have at this point – from bright fun colors to neutrals, these never let me down. They glide on so smooth and are non-drying. Even though these aren’t as budge-proof as many others, the wear time on these are still fabulous. And the price is right!

I am not sure of the color I have in this....it says 01 on the bottom but I'm not really sure if that means anything.. When I first tried this I liked it but after multiple uses I find this stuff to be very messy and also very inconsistent with the application. It doesn't go on in an even fashion and looks streaky. My color is BRIGHT red so little things like that make it very obvious something is up with my lips :(

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Such a hidden Gem!!! I think I have about four of these, and I want more. These little lippies apply like a dream and don't come off UNTIL you take them off. The colors are beautiful - I have yet to find a patchy one --- and the price is right. I have one that I've had for two years and it's still going strong. I've used that Blackberry one a lot too!! I just love them, and I mix them together also. It's great to fill in your lips with your favorite lip pencil and then add these on top --- even contrasting colors-- and "merge" the colors, to create a completely new color! I love to experiment in this way. Occasionally it goofs but rarely - and it's fun!!! These, as with any liquid lip can be a tad drying so put on your favorite balm while you're doing your base and eyes to moisturize, and you'll be just fine. I really like Palmer's lip balms in Coconut, they're kind of big - but they're really inexpensive - and unlike most balms these days, will actually heal your lips. Sephora has recently expanded the shade range of these ---- which is huge plus -- I want another one or two as I write!!! I love these so much. I just ran across this by accident trying to find a liquid lip that was inexpensive and that lasted a long time and this really fit the mark. You cannot go wrong with these, unless you just don't like liquid lips...... Give these a try - the do NOT transfer at all, dry quickly - the applicator is great, they're small so you can easily throw them in your purse --- but you know what? You won't need to because THE DON'T COME OFF!!!!! Hella cool!!! They do come off a little after eating -- but I would much prefer these over Kat Von Dee - ABH or any of the big guns. I actually prefer these!! Lightweight, can't even feel that you have then on --- and so beautiful. Pretty much always available as well.... what oh what are you waiting for??? Blackberry Sorbet is a gorgeous midrange plummy/purple very wearable color. I have worn the heck out of it. It's not too dark, it's just perfect for medium/to deeply dark complected skins. It is my absolute favorite. I wear it over all my other lip colors and I have a zillion. It pops without being over the top. Run, don't walk..... and get you one!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am specifically reviewing the shade "01 - Always Red"

Pros:
-Excellent Color: On my NC30 skintone, it's really difficult to find a red that shows up as a true red. Most reds on me pull burgundy, pink, or orange; however, the color of this lip stain is excellent. It's a true, bold, medium red. It's become my benchmark in terms of how I want a red to show up on me. If it doesn't look like this lip stain, I'm not buying it. It's that flattering of a red. It is also very opaque/pigmented. There is no need for me to layer the color to get full coverage of the lips. One coat is all that is needed.

-Finish: It's a very matte finish (which is on trend) but is still comfortable to wear. While I am wearing this, I am aware that I have it on but it is by no means heavy. I also find that it doesn't necessarily emphasize texture on the lips. With that said, if I'm applying over dehydrated/dry lips, it will show through the liquid lipstick but will not be emphasized as with other liquid lipsticks.

Cons:
-Application: I found the application of this product to be tricky and messy. The doe-foot applicator seems to pick up a lot of product which is not a good thing for a liquid lipstick as it's better to apply in thin layers to avoid caking. The applicator is also not the most user friendly. Despite it being a typical doe foot applicator, I find that it's very hard to get a precise, clean line/application. It also has the tendency to smear/stain the surrounding skin if I try to use a Q-Tip to clean up the color (which is super frustrating!).

-Lasting Power: I'm particularly referencing the inside/inner rim of the mouth. Even without eating/drinking, I find that it tends to wear away completely on the inside of the mouth within 20-30 minutes after application. Because the color is so bold, it is extremely noticeable. I can reapply on the inner rim with ease (as in it does not cake up); however, I find that I would need to do this every hour just to keep any kind of color there. The formula is also not that transfer proof. If you eat or drink, you will find remnants of the color on your straw, cup rim, etc.

Overall, while the color and finish are nice, I would not recommend nor repurchase this product. There are better liquid lipsticks out there that last longer, don't fade away in the inner rim of the mouth so easily, and are more user friendly. I would not recommend these lip stains to anyone unless you found a color that you absolutely love/must have.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC20-25 with naturally dark full lips. I have 05 Infinite Rose, 40 Pink Tea, and 01 Always Red. Pigmentation is very good for all three. I'm always looking for an everyday/no-fuss natural pink that I can throw on just to look "put together" for work or errands, so Infinite Rose is the winner for me. Swatches online made this seem a bit metallic but it's definitely more of a satiny finish.

Pink Tea is a soft warm brown nude matte. Normally, I dislike nudes and browns can wash me out, but this is actually kind of sexy for day or night, especially with good brows and eye makeup. If it were winter I might worry about it being too brown, but this is nice for summer when my skin is the tiniest bit toastier.

Always Red is probably one of the best true reds I've ever tried: the kind of classic sweet red I could see someone like Gwen Stefani wearing. I'm usually very nervous about reds, because they can look a bit clownish on my trouty mouth. As long as I don't make any weird clown faces, this looks very dignified and pretty.

These dried down quite a lot but not uncomfortably, and the color lasts and won't transfer until you eat or drink something. Storytime: I wore Always Red and kissed someone hello. Zero transfer ... Then we had some mineral water and a bite, and I kissed them on the cheek again a bit later -- HUGE red smear. The red on my lips still looked great.

UPDATE: I broke down and got Pink Latte, which is now my go-to matte warm nude pink. Excellent performance. On the other hand, Peach tart, which is on clearance, is half price for a reason. I don't know what they did to make it so streaky and greasy but the formula is garbage.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

HG! HG! HG! I wish I had purchased these months ago. I was on a constant search for the perfect liquid lipstick. I never wore lipstick at all until this year when I really got into makeup.

I've tried the nyx lip lingeries/suede creams/soft matte creams, stila liquid lipstick, and Kat von d everlasting lipsticks. The NYX ones were all ok, I think they're good starter lipsticks but there's definitely better out there. I found stila to be the most comfortable and long wearing but it was also the most expensive at $24. Wasn't really impressed with their shades either. Kat von D was good, I loved the Lolita shade. However it transferred like CRAZY and I didn't find it long wearing enough.

This Sephora cream lips are amazing. They are $14, which makes them $4 cheaper than KVD and $10 cheaper than Stila. I find them very comparable to my experience with Stila, in the sense that they were comfortable to wear and had good lasting power. These have a smaller wand applicator which I love, it gives me more control over my application. They have a faint vanilla scent to them. They dry down matte quickly, unlike the KVD ones which for me never really dried down.

Before every liquid lipstick I apply a generous amount of chapstick. I use an elf lip scrub a few times a week and always remove my lipsticks with coconut oil. These aren't drying at all for me. I love them!

Pros
Not too expensive
Large amount of shades available
Smaller wand gives precise application (no lip liner needed for me)
Long wearing
Doesn't completely wear off after I eat something since these are a lip stain

Cons
Not 100% transfer proof but not nearly as bad as other LL's I've tried

I can't stop singing the praises of these liquid lipsticks. I really hope Sephora never stops making them! As of this post I own Infinite Rose, Rosewood, Vintage Rosewood, Marvelous Mauve, Always Red, Pink Tea, and Copper Blush. And I want more! If my review is to change then I will update.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I just ate POUTINE and my lipstick is still on. That should be my whole review! I never owned a liquid lipstick before (well for dance when I was a kid, those stay forever lipsticks that needed a separate topcoat... they sucked), and almost on a whim I bought this. I work as a surgeon so I can't wear lipstick when I'm in the OR because it transfers to the mask and makes me look like Chucky by the time we are done a surgery! This stuff went on butter smooth (exfoliated before, applied some Neutrogena unscented hand cream as balm, lined w an old MAC lip liner I had lying around). Dried slightly tacky with a tiny bit of transfer (I blotted). That was 6 hours ago. I've eaten pasta, drank 3 drinks, eaten the poutine - still looks fresh. Feels a bit dry but overall not too bad. No lipstick will feel like nothing at all, but this comes close! Got "rose wood" a dark brownish reddish colour - warm. Will probably repurchase Black Cherry, a red colour and a neutral! A bit pricey $18 CDN but worth it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought Infinite Rose and Strawberry Kissed and I already had Always Red and I have to say that I love them and I think they are underrated. They have excellent color payoff and staying power and a ton of colors!