Sephora Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

4.4

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Best lip stain I have ever tried! It's actually the only lip stain that has ever worked for me. Normally, I hate them, but this....THIS is great stuff! It goes on like butter & very moisturizing for a lip stain. It applies like a dream...like butter! Staying power is great & the color selection is almost endless! They even have crazy colors like teal, green, purple, blue & black. If you love red lipstick, then you absolutely MUST try the shade "Always Red." I received a sample of this in my Sephora PlayBox a few months ago & holy smokes, it's gorgeous! It's a blue-based bright vampy red that is universally flattering on anyone, especially fair skin people like me. It also makes my teeth look so white! I have received so many compliments on this stuff & looking at other reviews online, it seems like most everyone else loves it just as much. I just purchased this in the shade "Pink Tea," which is a pinky brown nude. While it's a little too brown for my extremely pale skin, it still looks great. I can't wait to own every color! I highly recommend this lip stain! Plus, it's very affordable, which is also a plus!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I adore the shade 01 Always Red. It's the prettiest,most flattering red I have ever seen! I even got a backup "just in case" only after a few days that I first purchased it. My best friend fell in love with it too,the moment I showed it to her, and rushed to buy it,and till today she claims that it is "epic"! I don't know if all the shades perform the same way,but this one (01) is not so drying, it has a very nice matte and even finish,it stays on for so many hours (I actually struggled a bit to remove it) and as I mentioned above,the shade is oh so flattering!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried SO many different stains, and Sephora's is my favorite. I used to love the beige. Unfortunately, they discontinued it. I always wore that and then used different colors of lip stain glosses over top. Now that's what I do with the Marvelous Mauve. I wear beige lip gloss stain (a stain that is more glossy and doesn't usually wear as well. It gives moisture but also keeps the color on better than a plain lip gloss) to warm up the color. I have a clear with crystals in it that makes the Mauve look gorgeous and shiny. I have so many different colors that I can use to change the color - I even use plum and red. I love the staying power, and the fact that it does feather or make my lips feel strange like other stains do.

Full Size Image

P.S I first tried this in a samples pack - check here to see if they have any more available! http://freebiehunter.org/sephora-makeup-samples

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought mine today in number 23, which is a subdued berry copper. It's a highly pigmented MLBB (well, it's an MLBB for my tan skin tone) with a matte finish that lasts and lasts. I've had it on for a few hours now and drank a creamy coffee in the meantime. While there was some transfer, my lips still look great with not even a hint of splotchiness. I cannot wait to use this with a lip liner to really emphasize my pout!
My only qualm is the price; at $18 CDN, it ain't cheap. The only other liquid lipstick which was a bit less expensive but had great results was L'Oreal Pro-Matte Gloss. However, that being said, there are far pricier items out there as well, especially at Sephora's, and I feel that this was totally worth it considering I don't have to worry about my lips have a stupid ring around them after guzzling down my moccacino! ;)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

These lip creams are fabulous liquid lipsticks. I have a few colors... my new fav is pink tea - one of the new nude shades. It's the perfect mlbb shade. They are affordable, apply easily, last ages, and are easy to reapply without looking weird. Highly recommend.

In love with this product! One of the best lipsticks I've ever used

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My holy grail liquid lipstick! I've tried this in the shade: Always Red and the neonish, vampy, blue based red was phenomenal. The formulation of this is a thin cream that sets completely matte and stays hydrating on the lips. Definitely long lasting and wears off un-offensively. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

I think this is my new favorite liquid lipstick. This is, hands down, the longest-wearing formula I have ever tried. It lasts ALL DAY. The mauve is really pretty; I can't wait to get more colors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite liquid lipstick's hands down! The formula is the most comfortable out of any I've ever tried; it's not drying at ALL. I've got the shades Always Red, Blackberry Sorbet (my fave), Vintage Rosewood, Burnt Sienna, & Dark Forest and all of them are gorgeous. They apply opaque and evenly with one layer and once they dry down they're very transfer resistant. Wear time is pretty impressive- I can get about 9~10 hours before I need to touch up, even after eating and drinking (they will break down with oily foods like most LL). If you haven't given them a shot, do yourself a favor and head to sephora.

Pros:
Creamy, comfortable formula
Transfer resistant
Long wear time
Don't crack and crumble
Cheaper than most higher end LL
Impressive shade range

Cons:
None really

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Never say never in life and in cosmetics. I swore that I would never try a liquid lipstick as I dislike matte finishes and how matte lipsticks can emphasize lines.
I recently bought Maybelline's Color Jolt Intense Lip Paint which has a creamy texture compare to other liquid lipsticks and I decided to check out Sephora's offering. Sephora has some very underrated products and this is one of them.
I swatched a few shades on the back of my hand and I liked the creamy texture. I then tried a few shades and I was pleasantly surprised by how lightweight the cream lip stain felt.

I decided on #41 Vintage Rosewood which is that; a brown based rose shade. This is my version of a 'nude' lip look with this shade because there's no way I can pull off the true nude shades with my very pigmented lips.
There is a slight perfume scent but it dissipates quickly after application. The formula is creamy and dries to a semi-matte finish. It does wear off leaving a slight stain behind. I can have a couple of cups of coffee before I need to re-apply. (ymmv with this) Of course it will be gone with lunch or any oil based foods.

My lips don't feel too dry and I prep them with Clarins lip balm beforehand.
For those of us with fading lip lines (my lower lip line needs more definition in my mature years), this lip stain may apply unevenly so keep a Q-tip handy to clean the edges.
I like to wear Charlotte Tilbury's High Society lip gloss so my lips aren't parched.

Overall, a good liquid lipstick and I may look at getting other colours.

Popular Lipsticks