Sephora Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

4.4

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I tried Marvelous Mauve and it is a great quality liquid lipstick for the price and amount you get! It is a lovely purple-pink that would suit every skin tone; I have a medium-tan complexion and it looks neutral enough for everyday wear but also adds a pop of color. It smells like vanilla batter and is lightweight on the lips. There is no need for a lipliner because it is opaque in one swipe; one dip in the applicator is enough to cover the lips. It does come off if you eat oily foods and if you touch or lick your lips but I find those to the same problems for any other liquid lipstick. It is not drying if you moisturize your lips on a daily basis and is one of the only liquid lipsticks I can reapply a light second coat over without getting sticky or cakey. If they expanded the shade range to contain more neutrals, I would buy more!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

very nice liquid lipstick that dries down to a matte finish. very pigmented (one swipe is all you need for your entire lips). lightweight and comfortable on the lips. not drying at all. longlasting. im not repurchasing because im over the liquid lipstick phase haha

To Read all 176 Reviews, Login or Join

The product sat on my lip creases and accentuated the lines. Not a good look.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have tried these lip stains and I thought i should write a review because they are really worth a shot! First of all I have the shades Marvelous mauve,Strawberry kissed and always red. Let's start with what they all have in common. They smell a bit sweet and a bit chemically. Nothing annoying and it fades in minutes. They are very opaque and they don't need much layering. In fact I would advice against it because they can get kind of cakey. Now about the shades. I have found that marvellous mauve and Strawberry kissed are quite the shame in quality. They are not drying, they kind of transfer but not much and they stay on your lips for a lot!! I wear MM for my everyday shade and it definitely gets me through the day with minor fading. SK is fantastic for nights out! I have gone to parties with it and even after heavy drinking it looked perfect! Now about Always red. The colour is stunning and it kind of transfer just like the others but it does not last as long. You can get probably 3 max 4 hours of it (with drinking and eating) before you get the inner lip ring and you need to reapply. For me it's not a big deal because the colour is stunning and doesn't smear or bleed like creamier red lipsticks. Now when you want to reapply one of these I would suggest removing the previous coat or at least blotting your lips really well so there are no crumbles of it and it can go on smoothly. Would I recommend them? Hell yeah! They are cheaper and more comfortable than any other liquid lipstick that I have tried. If you find a colour that you like give them a try

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I tried this in the Blackberry Sorbet 14. This is my first lip stain I have ever tried, so I don't know if my reaction to this is because I am not used to them or it just was not a good product for me. I LOVE the color- it works well with darker skin tones, I am med-dark. But once applied, my lips started stinging and it was super drying to me. Also the smell is absolutely awful, very chemically, almost like paint. I don't know how long it lasts because I could not tolerate it more than a few minutes before removing with makeup remover. And because it is a stain, it is a lot tougher to remove than most lipsticks. I cannot recommend it.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I got this in Always Red as a deluxe sample from Sephora. It's a beautiful color, perfect for classic red lips. I thought it was even prettier a couple of hours later after it had faded. (That's just me tho). Also, this smellsand tastes really good, kind of like a cupcake.

Addressing some of the complaints I read below: Yes, it does transfer a bit and if you eat or drink you will lose SOME of the color. It's not likely to last all day, I don't care what anyone tells you. But I have found this to be true of all but the most drying of lip stains on the market. And I find those ultra long lasting stains to be almost useless because they're so drying -- so what if they last when they make my lips look and feel awful. A lip product should not destroy your lips in order to give lasting color payoff! Damaged lips not only don't look good, they're open to infectious nasties. I appreciate that this isn't as drying. I accept that at one or more times during the day I will need to reapply my lip product. It seems to be a fact of life.

Even though this doesn't last all day and doesn't stain as deeply as some other products on the market, I give this 5 stars because it comes in beautiful colors, it looks, feels and smells nice, and it is modestly priced at $14 USD.

I am a sicker for matte red lips, so I expected to love this in True Red...and I did- for about an hour.

The color is saturated, vibrant and beautiful, lasting power amazing, but the formula is beyond drying: it will turn your lips into a barren dessert field, suck all water out of them and shrink your pout into a sad, thin and dry picture of what your lips might look like if you live to be 100 years old.

Yes, this is the opposite of lip enhancing formula, what we have here is a lip reducer!

They should really reformulate it, as t could have been wonderful if it was made to suit the lips, not to be painted on woods.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this the other day in the shade "marvelous mauve" and honestly I LOVE it! I have really dry lips most of the time so I wasn't sure how well a matte lip colour would work for me, but I put on a lip scrub before hand and had no issues with dried/flaking lips while I was wearing it. I really put it to the test by wearing it out on two different bar nights and both times I woke up the next morning and it was still on, even after a few too many drinks! It does transfer a bit, but somehow the colour still manages to stay on your lips. If you're looking to try out the whole liquid lipstick look, I'd definitely reccomend giving this one a go. Its a little cheaper than most others (I only paid $18) and it's practically bulletproof.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this in the shade Always Red as I was looking for a classic red lip. It came highly recommended by MUAers and YouTube. Although the color and creamy texture are lovely, the longevity is seriously lacking. Maybe it's the color but I ended up with a ring on the inner rim of my bottom lip within a few hours and I hadn't eaten or drank anything! I did reapply and it does so just fine, but I could have just used a regular lipstick if I knew this was going to happen. Just didn't work for me and will not repurchase since this wasn't long-lasting.

I have the shade 01. I love the colour but this transfers like nothing else. It's a chore to have to keep applying