Sephora Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

4.4

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

I love this product!! I think it's one of the best liquid lipsticks formula's I've ever tried. It's not too drying and it can be removed easily (I think that's a plus, as I tend to reapply my lipsticks after eating).
Also, it comes in a really tiny packaging, but has 5ml, so it will last for a long time.
I have nr. 13 and I have a really pale skin, so it looks kinda dark on me, but I still love it!
will definitely purchase it in nude colours

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When am I going to learn that these matte liquid lipsticks are simply NOT for me?

I bought this a few weeks ago, meaning to get the shade 01/Always Red but someone had put Strawberry Kiss in the slot for Always Red and I didn't notice til I got this home, opened it and applied it. I knew the colour couldn't possibly be Always Red. Not only was it dry and drying but it was quite a garish shade. I exchanged it for Always Red and I really love this colour but that's pretty much all I love about it. In order to wear this, I must first use Fresh lip scrub and then apply a lip balm of some sort and let it sink in for several minutes and wipe off the excess (otherwise, the balm sort of "dissolves" the lip stain, which then slides all around and off). As someone else commented, way too much product comes out on the doe foot (at least in my opinion) so I need to dab this carefully - one "dab" on my upper lip and one on my lower - and then use a lip brush to distribute the product around my lips. Basically a LOT of work and I'm still not wild about how dry this looks. I find the wear time not too bad but not amazing enough to make the effort worthwhile. Several years ago, I purchased a Sephora lip "ink" - a similar sort of product that is now discontinued - and I much preferred that product to this one. I wouldn't repurchase but then I'm not a fan of matte lip products in general. I think a creamy, satiny finish look much more flattering and appealing and certainly feels so much nicer to wear.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

These lip stains are phenomenal; very creamy, matte, non-drying, and fairly affordable!

My favorite shades are 02 classic beige (they brought it back YAY), and 13 marvellous mauve!

They don't last much after I eat, but then again I've never tried any lip product that perfectly stayed on after food!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I got it from my boyfriend in shade Burnt Sienna,24. It’s a gorgeous shade,mauve purple deep brown shade.Unique shade really.The formula is amazing as well as a staying power since it stayed all night long no matter the drinking.Even thou it’s matte formula it’s not drying at all (I have dry lips and wore it in cold weather).For sure my HG lip product.

I purchased one of these in Always Red because I am a flight attendant and really wanted to get that old school look. I was not disappointed. Not only is a tube only $14, the color is so vibrant. I don't have to go over it two or three times and find that it has great color payoff. The applicator is nothing special and is a doe-foot. I have yellow undertones in my skin and find it hard to wear red lip colors without my teeth looking yellow. This color has gotten so many compliments, and people have told me that my teeth look extremely white.

One con is that it doesn't last well if you eat. It doesn't have to be a particularly oily food item, so that sucks. If I just keep it on my lips without eating, the lasting power is incredible. I am careful not to bite my lips or lick them. Despite it being on the weaker side when it comes to food, the color, formula, and price make it a 5-star product for me. It's hard to find such a high-quality product at this price point that is so universally flattering. I would repurchase this over and over again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My ultimate fav liquid lipstick!!! My first liquid lipstick was the KVD and I love that one. But I find myself repurchasing sephora's again and again. I was hesitant at first but since it almost half the price of other liquid lipstick so why not. No regrets since!
So many shades to choose from, even all those new funky colors if you like them! This is the best liquid lipstick i tried. Pigmentation is good, and thumbs up this last wayyy better than most lip cream. I can eat a few times and not to worry about touching up if I'm too busy because my lips will still be stained and not that obvious if the inner lips faded.( but definitely obvious if you eat a burger Haha) .
I have super dry lips too and this is perfect for me! No crusty build up even when you touch up many times or after you eat. Doesnt dry out your lips like other lipsticks. So easy to apply this and not patchy at all. Love love this!

I love this lip stain. It's $14 at Sephora and they have lots of colors to choose from. They are so matte. The product stays on my lips better than any other lip stain I have tried. Like all matte lip stains it makes me look older especially the darker colors. I don't wear a matte dark stain usually so it is fine. The smell of these are nice too. Overall a great lippie product.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am specifically reviewing the shade "01 - Always Red"

Pros:
-Excellent Color: On my NC30 skintone, it's really difficult to find a red that shows up as a true red. Most reds on me pull burgundy, pink, or orange; however, the color of this lip stain is excellent. It's a true, bold, medium red. It's become my benchmark in terms of how I want a red to show up on me. If it doesn't look like this lip stain, I'm not buying it. It's that flattering of a red. It is also very opaque/pigmented. There is no need for me to layer the color to get full coverage of the lips. One coat is all that is needed.

-Finish: It's a very matte finish (which is on trend) but is still comfortable to wear. While I am wearing this, I am aware that I have it on but it is by no means heavy. I also find that it doesn't necessarily emphasize texture on the lips. With that said, if I'm applying over dehydrated/dry lips, it will show through the liquid lipstick but will not be emphasized as with other liquid lipsticks.

Cons:
-Application: I found the application of this product to be tricky and messy. The doe-foot applicator seems to pick up a lot of product which is not a good thing for a liquid lipstick as it's better to apply in thin layers to avoid caking. The applicator is also not the most user friendly. Despite it being a typical doe foot applicator, I find that it's very hard to get a precise, clean line/application. It also has the tendency to smear/stain the surrounding skin if I try to use a Q-Tip to clean up the color (which is super frustrating!).

-Lasting Power: I'm particularly referencing the inside/inner rim of the mouth. Even without eating/drinking, I find that it tends to wear away completely on the inside of the mouth within 20-30 minutes after application. Because the color is so bold, it is extremely noticeable. I can reapply on the inner rim with ease (as in it does not cake up); however, I find that I would need to do this every hour just to keep any kind of color there. The formula is also not that transfer proof. If you eat or drink, you will find remnants of the color on your straw, cup rim, etc.

Overall, while the color and finish are nice, I would not recommend nor repurchase this product. There are better liquid lipsticks out there that last longer, don't fade away in the inner rim of the mouth so easily, and are more user friendly. I would not recommend these lip stains to anyone unless you found a color that you absolutely love/must have.

I am not sure of the color I have in this....it says 01 on the bottom but I'm not really sure if that means anything.. When I first tried this I liked it but after multiple uses I find this stuff to be very messy and also very inconsistent with the application. It doesn't go on in an even fashion and looks streaky. My color is BRIGHT red so little things like that make it very obvious something is up with my lips :(

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I adore these! I can’t even name how many I have at this point – from bright fun colors to neutrals, these never let me down. They glide on so smooth and are non-drying. Even though these aren’t as budge-proof as many others, the wear time on these are still fabulous. And the price is right!