Sephora Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

4.4

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

In love with this product! One of the best lipsticks I've ever used

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My holy grail liquid lipstick! I've tried this in the shade: Always Red and the neonish, vampy, blue based red was phenomenal. The formulation of this is a thin cream that sets completely matte and stays hydrating on the lips. Definitely long lasting and wears off un-offensively. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

I think this is my new favorite liquid lipstick. This is, hands down, the longest-wearing formula I have ever tried. It lasts ALL DAY. The mauve is really pretty; I can't wait to get more colors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite liquid lipstick's hands down! The formula is the most comfortable out of any I've ever tried; it's not drying at ALL. I've got the shades Always Red, Blackberry Sorbet (my fave), Vintage Rosewood, Burnt Sienna, & Dark Forest and all of them are gorgeous. They apply opaque and evenly with one layer and once they dry down they're very transfer resistant. Wear time is pretty impressive- I can get about 9~10 hours before I need to touch up, even after eating and drinking (they will break down with oily foods like most LL). If you haven't given them a shot, do yourself a favor and head to sephora.

Pros:
Creamy, comfortable formula
Transfer resistant
Long wear time
Don't crack and crumble
Cheaper than most higher end LL
Impressive shade range

Cons:
None really

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Never say never in life and in cosmetics. I swore that I would never try a liquid lipstick as I dislike matte finishes and how matte lipsticks can emphasize lines.
I recently bought Maybelline's Color Jolt Intense Lip Paint which has a creamy texture compare to other liquid lipsticks and I decided to check out Sephora's offering. Sephora has some very underrated products and this is one of them.
I swatched a few shades on the back of my hand and I liked the creamy texture. I then tried a few shades and I was pleasantly surprised by how lightweight the cream lip stain felt.

I decided on #41 Vintage Rosewood which is that; a brown based rose shade. This is my version of a 'nude' lip look with this shade because there's no way I can pull off the true nude shades with my very pigmented lips.
There is a slight perfume scent but it dissipates quickly after application. The formula is creamy and dries to a semi-matte finish. It does wear off leaving a slight stain behind. I can have a couple of cups of coffee before I need to re-apply. (ymmv with this) Of course it will be gone with lunch or any oil based foods.

My lips don't feel too dry and I prep them with Clarins lip balm beforehand.
For those of us with fading lip lines (my lower lip line needs more definition in my mature years), this lip stain may apply unevenly so keep a Q-tip handy to clean the edges.
I like to wear Charlotte Tilbury's High Society lip gloss so my lips aren't parched.

Overall, a good liquid lipstick and I may look at getting other colours.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Sephora's in-store brand doesn't get even a fraction as much love as most of the other products it carries, so I think myself and a lot of people were surprised to be so blown away by how great this lip stain is.

Before there were liquid matte lipsticks, there were "stains", and to be frank I'm not 100% sure of the difference a lot of the time. Both look matte and dry down either mostly or fully, and are marketed as being kiss-proof, and so on.

I have this in 01 Always Red, and find it to be a really fantastic product. You have a really well pigmented true red shade that doesn't bleed out of lip lines, lasts forever (& EVER- heed my words, those of you who hate scrubbing lip products off), and doesn't dry out my lips or crack, and can be very easily touched up.

I am glad to report that this goes on fully opaquely on the first layer, and dries quickly so you really don't have much time to smear it on anything before it sets. For many, lip products that dry down completely are thought to be uncomfortable or unflattering. My personal preference is, when I'm going for a matte lip look, it sets my mind at ease when a product dries down completely and I don't have to worry about constant retouching. These lip stains fit the bill.

The icing on the cake is that the price tag on these is a good tier below your typical Sephora experience. I feel they are worth every penny. Thank goodness my Sephora Play bag came with a sample of this, or I would never have learned of this little gem!

I have the shades 13 and 14. I really like the colors on my fair skin. They do make your lips look very lined/dry, but as long as your lips are smooth and moisturized beforehand it isn't so bad. These are very long wearing (several hours of wear), although they obviously will come off with certain foods.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This is my favorite matte liquid lipstick! It wears evenly, and is the first of it's kind not to chap, crack, and dry out my lips excessively. Every other brand of matte liquid lipstick dries the hell out of my lips until it doesn't look good on after a while. I wear this comfortably all day and only need, maybe one reapplication, unless I eat something greasy. It's highly pigmented and smooth, and smooths along any lines and small cracks instead of emphasizing them.

I wish they had a better color selection, but they are growing it from what I can tell. I just saw at least 10 more shades than before. I would get tons more colors if they had some comparable to Colourpop, especially in dark nudes (they need more darker colors for women of color).

I have this in 01 Always Red, and it is now my favorite red in the world (and, I have at least 10 different reds in different formulas from Nars to Nyx and everything in between)! It looks so good on my golden tan, warm yellow and slightly olive undertoned skin. It is an epic red! Unique as well - I've got stuff similar, but nothing looks quite like this on my lips!

I got it first as a freebie in sample size with a code a few months ago, and when I had to make use of my VIB coupon for December, the full sized version was the first thing on my list. Now, I want more - as if I need more lipstick...

Seriously, try these. The price point is super reasonable for the quality. I've paid up to $10 more for lippies that dried me out horribly and didn't wear and apply as evenly and well, or look as good! #Sold #HG

***DECEMBER 26th UPDATE*** They just came out with 27 new shades so there are over 40! I'll have to try more next time I'm at the store... Yay!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Idk why they call these a lip stain, lol. It's basically a 100% opaque liquid lipstick. Dries down completely matte, although there is a veeery tiny amount of transfer, almost to the point of being negligible. But still, I could see burritos and stuff like that significantly taking off the lipstick. The formula reminds me of the Nyx Lip Lingeries, but pretty much better executed in every way.

Always Red is the perfect, cheery holiday red. It's intensely pigmented and blue-based and is the type of red that will look amazing on anybody. It did have the same issue I ran into with the Lip Lingeries: wherever your lips have moisture, it takes the product off with it. So my inner lip area was bare after a few hours, although it wasn't too pronounced.

I recall not being that interested in the original color selection but now that they've expanded their range like tenfold I see some really tempting colors there. And they're only $14! Definitely worth a try.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I tried Marvelous Mauve and it is a great quality liquid lipstick for the price and amount you get! It is a lovely purple-pink that would suit every skin tone; I have a medium-tan complexion and it looks neutral enough for everyday wear but also adds a pop of color. It smells like vanilla batter and is lightweight on the lips. There is no need for a lipliner because it is opaque in one swipe; one dip in the applicator is enough to cover the lips. It does come off if you eat oily foods and if you touch or lick your lips but I find those to the same problems for any other liquid lipstick. It is not drying if you moisturize your lips on a daily basis and is one of the only liquid lipsticks I can reapply a light second coat over without getting sticky or cakey. it is an exact color dupe for poise k!