Pro-FX Quick Dry High Gloss Top Coat

Pro-FX Quick Dry High Gloss Top Coat

4.1

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Needed a topcoat because being a nail polish addict its just a necessity. Found this and was drawn to the nice sized bottle. The fact that they claim its a super shiny gel like topcoat was definitely a plus imo. Got home did a mani, applied this and was in shock. Im in love. very comparable to SV. Not sure about shrinkage, but i can tell by the consistency that it probably won't do it due to the fact that its not as thick as SV. Also the packaging reminds me of HK girl topcoat which is another reason i was drawn to this. Makes your nails super shiny like glass.Def recommend.

Works super well. Most top coats seem pretty cheap, but this one seems to hold on.

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/9/2015 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I was at Walmart the other day picking up new nail polish colours, as I've started to dabble more in painting my own nails. I've never actually owned a "fast drying top coat", but figured since I was going to get into painting my own nails more I should probably pick one up. I always have a problem with my nail polish not drying completely and when I wake up in the morning I wake up with the dreaded sheet marks from my bed. As I was looking through the top coats I found this bad boy. I didn't recognize the brand, and I was a bit skeptical at first, but I figured for $5 and all the product you get I'd give it a go. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. After a minute or two my nails were dry to the touch. However the real test was to see how my nails held up overnight. The next morning I woke up, NO SHEET MARKS. They looked as perfect as they did right after I painted them. For me this is a HUGE deal, considering I could never get my nails to completely dry no matter how early during the day I painted them. The only con I suppose is that it's not AS glossy as it claims, but that's never been a huge deal for me so I can totally overlook that. I will DEFINITELY repurchase this, especially considering how much you get for only $5, it's a TOTAL steal. LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff, I'd highly recommend it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my go to top coat over all other top coats. When I first picked this up I was skeptical: an unknown brand from Walmart in a huge bottle for $5? But truth be told, I haven't gone back since using this and all my other top coats are gathering dust. It doesn't dry as "quickly" as it might imply, but I find that it helps the nail set more- once it does dry my nails are safe most of the time. Most of my bumps and smudges were my own fault, have to remember metallics don't like to dry very quickly! If you see any of their other products, especially the Fiberized Ridge Filler, I'd recommend grabbing them! I think there are 8 in total.

Pros: Huge bottle at a great price, has a decent thickness that protects the nail well, nice glossy finish, doesn't get clumpy even if I do touchups a day or two after my manicure. The brush is a good size and after three months use, I haven't noticed much thickening or changes in consistency/color. Hasn't damaged any of my nail art.

Cons: Larger bottle means the brush and brush stem pick up a lot of product, the large size of the bottle may mean it gets thick long before I use it all. Not the glossiest of topcoats, but most people aren't as picky as nail addicts ;)

on 12/16/2013 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my new favorite top coat. I was an SV kind of girl for YEARS until I found this gem at Walmart. It's super cheap for the giant bottle, which you just can't beat.
It is super glossy and dries fast... Maybe not quite as fast as SV but it definitely does the job. I also don't find it peeling or shrinking as much as SV does. I love this topcoat!

on 12/3/2013 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! Very quick drying, gives a really nice high gloss. I love the packaging. Great value! And my nails only chipped after 5 full days!! Id say thats pretty good considering the norm for all the other top coats I've used that my Nails will chip even the day of! I've used seche vite , great product but not the "healthiest". I moved onto Sally Hansens quick dry and it got gloopy and thick after a month. Not to mention you can only use 3/4 of the product. So with all that being said I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I would recommend it to anyone!

on 11/20/2013 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The main thing I like about this product is that it does dry fast. Like really fast. That is great and so handy when you're in a rush. Who likes to sit around and wait for their nails to dry anyways?
I didn't find this to be a super long lasting product, my nails chipped about the same amount with or without it. But the main claim is quick dry and high gloss, and it definitely does both of those.
It's also super cheap from Walmart and comes in a massive bottle the size of a tangerine, so great value!!

on 11/18/2013 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on my...3rd bottle of this stuff? And I'm in love. Absolute LOVE. I use it every single time I paint my nails and it's perfect every single time without fail. Not to mention I bought the bottle I'm using now in...March I think it was? It's November now and I still have 3/4 of the bottle left to go. The bottle is huuuge, about the size of a plum, and it's only $5 at wal-mart. Sally Hansen's insta-dri topcoat is about a quarter of the size (since it gets gloopy and unusable about halfway through the bottle) and it's 1-2 dollars more expensive. The brush goes all the way to the bottom, which I like, and it stays perfect consistency aaaaall the way to the end.

The product itself is great, it gives a thick, glossy coat over top of even the most lackluster polish and it reeeeally locks your nail polish in there. I used to have to redo my nails every two or three days because of chipping but since I've started using this stuff, matched with Orly's top2bottom basecoat, my nail polish stays on for two weeks, legit. I think the longest I wore it for was for 17 days and then it finally chipped. Usually I get bored and end up changing it instead of having to take it off. Which is a nice freakin change, I'll tell ya!

Anyways, there is no downside to this stuff, it's great, it's beautiful, it's glossy and long lasting and I love it. Definitely recommending it to everyone! :)

I do not like this top coat at all. ): It didn't even dry to a gloss finish! In fact, some parts of the nail are duller than the coloured polish I put it over! I "test" all of my nail polishes on false nail rings, and each time only part of the nail dried shiny, and the majority of the nail was dull, almost matte. I tried it on a bare, and polished nail, both turned out the same. Dull.
It did try faster than a non "quick dry" polish which I like, and it does have a nice thin consistency, but I definitely will NOT be buying this product again. The finish is just too dull.

on 7/19/2013 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

HG material right here!! Dry quickly, super glossy, super shiny, do not chip, awesome price.. Do I need to say more ? Oh and make my nails rock hard... fast!

I got, like everyone else, the big bottle for something like 3$ at WalMart, about 3 months ago, and I haven't seen a dent in the amount in the bottle yet... and I paint my nails everyday/2 days! When using this top coat, everyone always ask me if I have gel nails... it's that glossy! It dries as fast as Sally Hansen Insta-Dry (red bottle) or Sally Hansen Diamond Shine insta-dry (black bottle) but without becoming goopy half way to the bottle. After that, I used Julep Freedom top coat, but at 18$ for a sample size, I can't afford that!! Pro-FX is just BETTER and cheaper so... just absolutely awesome!!!