Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm SPF 15

Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm SPF 15

3.6

Octinoxate: 4%, Titanium Dioxide: 3% Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Mica, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Aluminum/ Magnesium Hydoroxide Stearate, Ceramide 1, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 ll, Alpina Speciosa Leaf Extract, Hibiscus Abelmochus Seed Extract, Trifolium Pratense (clover) Flower Extract. Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Silica Silylate, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Mannitol, Sodium PCA, Sorbitol, Trehalose, Urea, Lecithin, PCA Dimethicone, Phytosphingosine, Polyperfluoroethoxymethoxy Difluoroethyl PEG Phosphate, Fructose, Glucose, Sucrose, Cholesterol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Polyquaternium-51, Dextrin, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Stearate, Benzoic Acid, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyehtanol, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Iron Oxides

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Dry skinned beauties rejoice! I have been struggling with severely dry skin and none of my holy grail foundations are working well for me lately so I went on a research binge and recently discovered Elizabeth Arden's Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm Makeup. I know a lot of people are put off by the jar style packaging but it really doesn't bother me. First off, I wash both my face and my hands before applying any makeup. Secondly, I scoop a little out with a spatula, then use a blending sponge to apply this so there really isn't any reason to feel as though it is unhygienic or contaminated. Now let me tell you about the product itself. It smells lovely, truly beautiful. Not heavily fragranced, but definitely scented. The texture is creamy and whipped, slightly gel-like, but really luxurious. I find I use less of this foundation that I would of any pump-style liquid foundation. It provides a very natural, healthy looking finish. Coverage is amazing. You can just even out skin tone, or cover flaws and it does not look cakey or heavy and best of all it is very hydrating on my dry skin. I do not see any dry flakes with this foundation (unlike my others) and it does not settle into pores, etc. When my skin is really dry I add a drop of Indie Lee Squalane oil and mix in with the foundation before applying. It does change the texture of the foundation but not the finish or the performance. I purchased the shade 02, Vanilla Shell and it matches me perfectly. The foundation lasts all day, without any noticeable transfer and feels comfortable on the skin. This is my new holy grail foundation. I forgot to apply primer one day before putting the foundation on and it wore just as well as without any primer underneath. I am surprised that the jar is plastic and not glass given this is a high-end brand that comes with a high-end price tag. Despite the price, this is so worth it to me. I love how my skin looks when I'm wearing this foundation and I love how it feels too.

on 2/24/2016 8:07:00 PM

Pros:
Nice a smooth
Easy to apply

Cons:
Open jar so will get contaminated
After a few hours it is sort of sitting on top of lines, has that dotty wearing old foundation look

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE IT. good coverage. smooth and creamy. feels light on the face.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried many many foundations over the years and never found one that really suited or lasted on me. When I was younger I used to use Borjois Foundations and they are fine for younger skin but now I am getting older I wanted more coverage and something that would give my skin a lift.

I came across Elizabeth Arden on Fragrance Direct website and it was selling for 8.50 RRP is 32 so I jumped at the chance of using a more expensive foundaton at a knock down price. The lightest colour I could see was Vanilla Shell. I absolutely love this foundation and is the best I have ever tried. It gives very good coverage and is not too greasy or too matt. It gives a lovely glow to the skin and the colour is spot on for me. I am at that age where I have started to get the sweats and in the past have found after about an hour my foundation has gone but with this one it does seem to last on my skin and still looks pretty good at the end of the day.

Oh and its very moisturising and during the hot weather because of my sweats I do not use a moisturiser. I put on a collagen gel and leave it to dry and then apply my foundation and it does not feel dry at all.

I have had this pot about 3 months as I only use a small amount but have now got to the end of the pot and l was upset to see that Fragrance direct have sold out of the Vanilla shell and now only has dark colours which means if I want another pot I will have to pay the 32 ; ( which I will do as I cannot bear the thought of going back to the cheaper foundations. I wish I had stocked up when I first bought this one..

on 7/4/2014 12:56:00 PM

I was looking for a moisturizing foundation and this one seemed to fit what I was looking for. When applied this feels like a treatment, plumping, soothing and yet has medium coverage that can be sheered out. I love the great texture but find that it does settle into my pores a little after a while.

Hate the jar packaging, so unhygienic. I wish this came with a pump or even just in a tube.

The color I bought was Ecru, it is a great match for my NC15 skin even if it looks a bit pinky in the jar.

This product reminds me of Laura Mercier's Creme Smooth foundation without the high price tag (I paid $14.00). However, this foundation just does not last. I sweat this off very easily in the Florida humidity, by noon even in my office with AC this has gone off my chin and nose. I need a longer lasting foundation, so won't be buying this again.

on 6/17/2014 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Such a pity. I had a really good experience with the ceramide capsules so took the leap of faith and bought the foundation.

To be fair since coming off the pill, I have broken out from nearly all foundations and it's just a matter of how big the break out and what type. My skin is sensitive, dry combination, colour is NC 15-20.

The EA sale consultant used their foundation matching machine (reminds me of a electronic thermometer) to match my colour. She matched me to Vanilla Shell. Trusting her little device, I didn't get it matched to my skin and unfortunately, the colour was pink and oxidized to this unflattering pinkish/orange on my skin - completely unsuitable for my skin tone and colour.

The consistency of the foundation was beautiful - so finely milled, it blended into my skin like a dream but alas, it also offered very sheer coverage despite the consistency. A small amount of the foundation went a long way and I could tell that it would be great for dry skin - it was incredibly hydrating but will turn oily ladies into a grease ball.

Unfortunately, it came in a jar package making it very unhygienic - I was surprised since EA package their ceramide serums in capsules.

After 2 days of use, I had a face of little lumpy small pimples that sits under the skin. They will gradually develop into blackheads or inflamed pimples (sigh). Another failed foundation.

So unfortunately for ladies with sensitive or acne prone skin, this may break you out. It's definitely for people with dry skin. It does oxidize (although the feedback is varied on this and could depend on the moisturiser - I was using EA's Ceramide light & firm day cream) and it comes in a jar packaging. so 2/5 lippies.

on 3/19/2014 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Simply the best foundation on my dry aging skin. I use buff which matches my skin pretty well. Covers all my imperfections esp. redness. I do use a primer first then apply with a foundation brush. It does last all day remember you just need a small amount it covers very well. My skin has been much smoother since using this. I have to say I use the whole line of ceramide from Elizabeth Arden. The premiere which is for extremely dry skin

on 1/19/2014 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased this product after hearing and watching great reviews. I bought it in Vanilla Shell and it took on a gray cast immediately after application. Then, a few minutes later, it oxidized to a nice even color that matched my neck. BUT then it kept on oxidizing and turned a deeper color so that my face looked slightly orange. I applied it over their primer. And several other primers and also on plain, clean skin, but still the color changed. My face tends to be dry and I have large pores on my cheek and chin. Also very fine lines (beginning) around my eyes. This product really settled into them. I couldn't get a full day's worth of wear without it settling into my pores and coming off on everything. Also, it accentuated my dry spots and fine lines. It evened out my redness but I looked 10 years older. Depressing. I really wanted to like this, but last night, after I came home from a party, I threw it in the garbage. Wore it for several months, but it just didn't work out.
I didn't like dipping my finger and/or by brush into the pot.

on 11/15/2013 1:53:00 PM

This is a really nice, creamy foundation. Feels whipped or almost mousse-like. Beautiful on aging skin - it floats over fine lines and makes them less apparent (unlike many foundations which settle into lines and look worse). Medium coverage. Has a healthy, natural finish .... Not really matte or luminous ..... Sort of natural and velvety ..... Very soft. Very pretty.

I wear the lightest color which is "Ecru" - it's a teeny bit too light for me. But I use a loose powder in "light" instead of "translucent" over it, and it adds just a hint of color and brings it to a good match for me. I would say Ecru is NC/NW 10-15. It is similar to Revlon Color Stay in "Ivory", CoverGirl "Ivory" and Bare Minerals "Fair". It is your classic "Porcelain Ivory" color.

But the second lightest color, "Vanilla Shell", was a little too dark for me. I would say Vanilla Shell is more for NC/NW 20-25. Vanilla Shell is similar to Revlon Color Stay in the colors "Sand Beige"/"Nude", CoverGirl in colors "Creamy Natural"/"Buff Beige" and Bare Minerals "Light". It is your classic "Light" color.

My perfect color would fall in between Ecru and Vanilla Shell. I wear Revlon "Buff", Covergirl "classic Ivory" and Bare minerals "Fairly-light". But using the slightly darker loose powder actually works pretty well. I suppose I could try mixing the two colors for my perfect match also, if I wanted. Maybe I'll try that.

But I really, really like this foundation. The finish is just beautiful, and it wears well on my combo skin. It's creamy enough to use under my eyes instead of concealer too, which is nice. It won't cover really dark under eye circles, but if you just have some mild discoloration like me, this works nicely. Will purchase again. :)

Now that I'm climbing the hill to 40, my skin started to dry out (from normal aging AND a bad skin-care regimen). I've since perked up my skin with a Retinol-A cream, a glycerin-water formulation that tops off my nighttime lotion routine and this foundation perfectly compliments and further lifts my skin to a new, glowing, almost dewy look!

It's like a full-coverage BB/ CC Cream, if I were to compare it to other foundation-like formulas. It's like a more dewy formula of a foundation mousse, but with MUCH more coverage, but looks like your skin is still coming through. Honestly, it looks like I don't have foundation on and have flawless skin! Good-bye drying mineral powder foundation, Hello Ceramide Lift and Firm!