China Glaze Cracked concrete

China Glaze Cracked concrete

4.3

on 3/21/2011 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Best invention EVER!!! I have OPI's Shatter and this works exactly the same. The only difference is the brushes. OPI has a wider brush which makes applying a little easier. This particular color goes very well on top of pastles and neons. On my nails right now is MAC's Peppemint Pati and the combo is so pretty!! I can't wait to try it with pinks and yellow.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Shake well and you're good to go! Awesome effect, I don't own OPI's version but this one works so well I don't even feel tempted to try it. It dries quickly so you have to do a complete sweep of the nail in a timely manner. I am putting this over almost everything right now.. it looks best with whites/pastels on me. Make sure you close this SUPER tight. It will form globs at the top making it really hard to open. :]

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This has a crazy effect... some nails have that chunky squared-off crackle effect, but some have a weird (still cool) long, slashy streaks. I tried this over a whole bunch of colors and found that bright, pale colors look really good with this one (specifically hot pink, bright yellow, and white or silver.)
It looks like a really expensive manicure treatment (like those new, weird press on patterns for nails without being all lame and see-through and expensive.)

The cracked concrete is a medium-dark grey. It dries very matte (with a horrible, raw porcelain texture) so I suggest a top coat.

Basically....... I'm sending my fiance to buy the other colors tomorrow :P

on 2/27/2011 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got this and Black Mesh from the China Glaze crackle collection. I love the way this crackles! I wore a pastel purple underneath and love it. I purchased it online at Sally's for $4.99...money well spent!

on 10/22/2013 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I know the crackle polish is yesterday's news, but it still holds a place in my polished heart. It's easy art. This is also perfect for a Halloween mani and that is just around the corner. I love the way this forms the deep cracks and looks so antiquey and well worn. It looks best when there is a considerable amount of contrast between this color and the base. I got this from a sale bin at Sally's Beauty Supply so I don't know when this was released, but the crackle phase was everywhere a couple of years back. When I opened this bottle and used it for the first time the polish had little lumps in it similar to a texture polish. I have used other brands of shatter polish in the past and they have all been smooth and no different from regular nail enamel. I applied it anyway, and this dried really fast and the cracks were happening right before my eyes! This is the fastest drying crackle polish I have ever used. I like the visual effect and the feeling of this polish. It does leave some texture because of the gaps created in drying and it isn't rough at all, but it gives some dimension to the polish. This dries matte and I did not top coat it. as I wanted the textured effect. I like the look that I got from this when layering it over a pink polish. The gray looks good on me as it isn't as harsh as black with my skin coloring. I really love this old weathered look on my nails and this looks like old cracked paint or tree bark. I liked this China Glaze crackle so much that I returned and bought several other shades from the sale bin too! Yes, Please! I love this effects polish.

on 4/3/2011 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love having a gray crackle. The black is great, but gray looks wonderful with pale minty colors! Its less harsh (and really does look like cracked concrete) making a really fun effect

on 3/15/2011 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love cracked glaze. It's been on my fingers and toes for the past few weeks! It's fun to mix and match these colors because the results are amazing! You just have to make sure that the polish you put on under is completely dry before you add the cracked glaze.

on 3/1/2011 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my favorite colors from the line for sure. It crackles well and looks opaque over the brightest neon. It will dry VERY fast and takes some practice. It will take you a good amount of time start to finish to complete a manicure with this. You have to wait for your base color to be completely dry underneath or the crackle looks horrible. I would like to see if it works over a nail drying spray or oil. That may help speed up the process. Other than that it looooookkkssss awesome!!! Buy now before their all gone!! I bought the whole collection and am very happy I did. :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love the effect of these Crackle nailpolishes but this particular colour should only be used with very bright colours. Otherwise, it just looks like you put messy grey nailpolish on. Also, in spite of putting these in the fridge, they dried out amazingly fast. The non-Crackle shades by China Glaze stay liquid much longer.

on 7/3/2012 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Very expensive product that does not work. I tried it several times with difference nail polishes and it did not crack. A week later the bottle dried up. Should have bought Shatter instead. WILL NOT PURCHASE AGAIN

Popular Polishes