Olay Professional Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser

Olay Professional Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser

3.6

on 1/27/2016 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this cleanser because I'm always curious on Olay product. It is simple, affordable and somewhat trustworthy then the rest of drug-store brand. This one is no different, It contain no harsh soap ingredient. But honestly speaking, I don't think the cleanser on "pro-x" line is better then the regular line. The biggest problem here is the exfoliator beads... you really need to be-aware and completely avoid your eye area, if this gets in, oh boy you're in for a serious pain and tears.

I've tried both regular line face wash (no SLS, very mild), it pack in a less attractive package but it does the job. (assuming if you don't wear make up). I think both are quite similar, I will probably stick with the regular one on my next purchases.

I may be the only one, but this cleanser is the only thing to actually clear up my mild acne. I always used neutrogena products and I constantly had acne on my chin and cheeks, and small white heads on my forehead. I used the Olay pro x brush with neutrogena products and it didn't help, so I decided to try the okay exfoliating renewal cleanser that came with the brush... My acne has completely cleared up! I have no blemishes after using the entire sample sized bottle. I don't find it too harsh when combined with the brush, and I don't find it too oily either as some other reviews did. I definitely recommend this face cleanser if you have mild acne and 'normal' skin. :) it works wonders!

To Read all 28 Reviews, Login or Join

Kinda oily. Wouldn't buy again

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I used the sample that came with the spin brush. When I purchased the brush, I had no idea I would like the sample better than the brush itself.

Okay so I am going all natural and this product is cheating, I know but it really has been good to my face. I had a huge breakout of some annoying bumps on my left cheek. I decided to ditch all my cleansers and makeup and use only water and some cocoa butter on my cheek. Well my cheek cleared up and I started wearing makeup over it again to even it out. I use this Olay exfoliator to remove my foundation makeup ONLY!! I do not use this as a regular face wash. When I wake up in the morning, I only use a hot washcloth and let the steam do its job. I do not use this product on bare skin at all. I am done letting these companies ruin our skin with ingredients we cannot pronounce.

Overall, the stuff works great to remove foundation and a little goes a long way. I DO NOT use this with the spin brush. I felt it was way too rough for my skin and it did make me very dry but I was using Panoxyl as well at the time, totally drying and destroying my skin. But those days are long gone at this point. I ditched the panoxyl and spin brush. Using the water only in the AM and this in the PM to remove makeup only has made a huge difference in my skin. I have been doing this for one month now total.

My advice to those with dry skin is to ditch the use of heavy products with chemicals immediately! If you must, see a dermatologist to clear any infections first and then start using only water to wash your face if you do not use makeup. The natural oils slowly start to come back and your skin starts to heal. No need for heavy creams and cleansers if your skin is healthy.

The funniest thing is that a friend of mine always had the most beautiful, freckled face with clear skin. Never had flakes, etc. I asked her what she used and she replied, "Would you think I am gross if I told you I do not wash my face with any soaps?" I was very jealous of her complexion stemming from just water use but I see she was years ahead of me now.

on 5/28/2014 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Boy o' boy does this product suck donkey balls. I am so glad I didn't shell out the $19 bucks it actually costs! I could and can get such a better product for that price... This came with my Olay Pro-X Microdermabrasion plus kit and I did give it a fair chance. However, its not a very good cleanser at all nor is it a good exfoliator. This also made my dry skin dryer.

on 10/13/2013 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this scrub with the brush originally and using the two together is WAY too harsh for my sensitive dry skin. However, using them separately works wonders for me. I use the scrub in the morning or at night and the brush with a soap-free cleanser in the shower in the morning or at night. The consistency is a bit thick so I just add a little water in my hand before I put it on my face. It takes off makeup and leaves my skin smooth and silky. I just bought two more bottles from Amazon for less than the drugstore price!

on 9/13/2013 5:17:00 PM

Perfect cleanser for every day use. Personally, I prefer to clean my face with Olay cleanser before the makeup application. It leaves my skin smooth and soft. My favorite cleanser product! Also works great together with Olay pro-x brush, same or better results than Clarisonic .

So I got this product with the cleanser brush. I must say the brush did nothing for me! I found that most of the product slipped to the bottom of the brush and not a lot got onto my face. The exfoliater didn't do anything for me. On my face which is really oily, it stopped acne from forming, and clearing up. I used it on my legs and arms, and it made them break out! I was disgusted! I used the product on my face for a few months and on my arms and legs for 3 weeks. I use it everyday when I shower in the evenings. The smell wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst either.

on 5/22/2013 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This did not do anything for me. The product was very thick and I did not enjoy the texture. My skin has been getting more breakouts and oily earlier in the day since using this.

on 2/5/2013 5:04:00 AM

Okay so this cleanser came with the pro x cleanser brush and I decided to give it a go. I DO NOT like this stuff! The consistency is so thick, I feel like I'm putting some other dirty shit on my face. And the exfoliating granules are SOOO tiny that it doesn't do anything at all! Don't waste your money girls!!