Korres Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Korres Mineral Powder Foundation
Lily Lolo, Korres, Sephora & other mineral brandsMineral Powder FoundationMineral Powder Foundation

3.5

Mica, Boron Ntiride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Amethyst Powder, Quartz. [ /- (May Contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Maybe I just am using the wrong shade for me but I actually prefer Bareminerals over this stuff... the texture of it looks unnatural on my skin, it just looks cakey and seems to exacerbate my already larger than life (clean!) pores.. doesn't do much to cover my acne scarring and actually makes my skin look more uneven than it really is... don't know what it is, oh well! The packaging is horrible and don't you dare think about using that sponge, you will look like a donut with a powdered sugar coating. It looks better with a proper kabuki brush but still, I have found better mineral foundations for the price.

on 5/30/2012 11:44:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation. I used to use Bare Escentuals mineral foundation, but it started to make my skin itch, so I switched to liquid for a while. While I liked that, I didn't like feeling like I had a lot of makeup on. So I started looking around, and decided to try this. AMAZING. It covers well but feels and looks like I have nothing on. It doesn't settle into fine lines, and it lasts all day. It's light coverage, so you may need concealer underneath. If I want heavier coverage, I simply use this on top of a light liquid foundation and it gives me airbrushed skin. I hope this is never discontinued because I will wear this for a long long time.

The packaging is fine, but it isn't the best for travel, since the powder tends to get everywhere. But I'm willing to put up with it. You could buy a better sifter jar and transfer it into there if you really wanted to.

Overall, it's great. The best mineral foundation I've ever tried. Natural finish, doesn't cling to dry skin, but doesn't get too oily either. And my skin didn't react to it. No itching, no breaking out, and my skin looks better when I take it off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I tried BE only to find out I am allergic to it. I got tiny red bumps all over my face that caused a terrible itchiness. I tried other mineral makeup from the internet, but the colors never really matched my Mediterranean/Hispanic skin. I almost had given up on wearing makeup, but since I have frequent breakouts, going bare was not an option.
While at the Sephora store, I asked an associate to help me find a foundation that would not irritate my skin and that would match my complexion (I got the one in tan...which is perfect for my yellow/olive skin). She suggested this and I am impressed with the product.

I have been using it for about a month and not only it looks natural, but it has actually IMPROVED the texture of my skin. The red blotches around my mouth are almost gone, and the frequency and severity of my breakouts have diminished.

Expensive? Yes, but totally worth it. The only but is that Korres does not have more colors to choose from.

on 7/20/2011 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is the first mineral powder foundation I've tried, so I can't compare it to other brands, but I really like the concept. I've never been one for liquid foundation and I always try for a very natural look when it comes to skin coverage. I can't stand the look or feel of liquid foundation.

It doesn't give the fullest coverage, but it is buildable, and I cover my blemishes with concealer first so it doesn't seem to be an issue. I tap some into the cap, and apply one or two layers with a powder foundation brush. I have tried the sponge that comes in the package, but it deposits way too much onto my skin and makes it appear cakey. I only keep the sponge in the jar to prevent the powder from spilling out into the cap - this issue is why the packaging only gets a 3.

I can't say if it's evened out my skin tone as advertised as I have several products in my arsenal that make the same claim. However, my skin tone has improved overall and I use less of this product than when I first started.

I apply this one to two times daily, and my current jar has lasted about 6 months. I'll probably have to repurchase in another month or two, but I may try another brand before I commit to spending $42 CAD on this again. I do gladly spend a little extra on products that are all-natural.

One note: in Canada, this cannot be sold with the promise of sun protection. I'm not sure why, but this seems to be the case with many skin care products labeled as containing sunscreen in the USA, which makes me suspect of products with SPF sold in the USA. I wear Clinique City Block SPF 40 underneath as a primer/sun protector.

I use WRMF2 - Light, which is probably the best colour match of any foundation or powder I've tried.

on 4/3/2011 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I think this mineral powder is made for dry/normal skin because I'm oily skinned; tried it because I was just switching from BE at that time, I saw that it was illuminating, but it's really shimmery for something that's suppose to go all over your face... It can probably be used as a bronzer!

At the end of my day it was like a dewy glob of shimmer on my face. I didn't like it and back it went.

They need to be like BE and do the twist and close with the packaging.

The medium tan was really beige with some pink, Idk. I wasn't feeling the color.

on 2/10/2011 9:30:00 AM

I decided to try this based on a featured review here (how many of us can say that? haha) and am soooo glad I did.

My skin is: Lighter yellowy olive (I'm Greek). Pretty oily, though not like it was a while ago, some dry patches, prone to breakouts (though not sensitive, and products don't usually break me out). My main issue is that when I do get zits, they leave dark marks Voldemort could trademark. So I need some coverage.

I have been trying to make mineral makeup work for me for a while, mainly for the skin benefits and EASE OF APPLICATION. I am lazy and a couple swipes of the brush in the morning is appealing to me. I haven't tried as many foundations as a lot of people, but those I have tried have left me either itchy/rashy (BE), patchy, oily, and not covered (all others). Alima Pure came kind of close, but it provided NO oil control and the colors I tried always looked flat on me. Like they matched my skin, but I somehow looked bland, flat, drab, ashy (in its defense, it has about four ingredients and Alima is a great company). So I kept up with liquid foundations and it wasn't a big deal, until I tried Revlon Colorstay and had a major breakout situation, ugh. I was so mad because I loved it. Amazing coverage and wear. And it's cheap. Who the hell knows what's in that stuff, though.

(Sidenote, don't you love how people give you their foundation lifestory? It's like a soap opera for lots of us)

So I had it in my mind to try mineral makeup again. Then I saw the review. Then I bought this stuff. And it's pretty much love.

It has SPF 30. Which is awesome (esp. in summer when I do not want to put more stuff on my face). It applies so easily, no kabuki gymnastics (I use my Ecotools retractable). The finish: IT HAS COVERAGE. Even, smooth coverage. Looks a bit powdery at first, then "melts." It provides this seamless, blurry effect that doesn't exactly look like you have no makeup on, but it looks natural, and it looks good. A little bit of sparkle action, but not crazy noticeable, just glowy. It lasts all day. With or without primer. How is this even possible? No breakouts. My skin looks flawless without looking too made up.

The only con I can really think of is the shade selection. There are only four shades. I initially tried the second darkest (Light?), but it ended up being a bit too orange-y on me, esp. with blush and stuff. Fair is a smidge too light but it works well with the rest of my makeup. This is a first for me, as I am never the lightest shade...I have olive skin! Weird. The shades are well blended though, so I think many people can find a match. But really...four shades?? It's a little under 30 bucks. Not terrible. It takes me like a year to go through a bottle of liquid foundation, though, I feel like I'll get a couple months out of this, max. Oh well. Worth it. Oh, and you'll need to moisturize. It is a powder, after all.

Final note on this novel I just typed- I totally love Korres (and not just because of the Greek factor haha). I have tried most of their products and the formulas are top notch. Their cherry oil gloss is my jam. I think about their textures like I salivate over dessert...no joke. If they could expand their shade selection to include more fun colors, I'd probably buy them out.