Korres Mineral Powder Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35
Korres Mineral Powder Foundation
Lily Lolo, Korres, Sephora & other mineral brandsMineral Powder FoundationMineral Powder Foundation

4.1

Mica, Boron Ntiride, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Amethyst Powder, Quartz. [ /- (May Contain) Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Favorite mineral foundation!
Doesn't make me itch or breakout like Bare Minerals
Gives amazing coverage
Looks very natural, doesn't feel as if I have make-up on.
Perfect shade for my light warm undertones
I apply it with a big Tarte brush, and it's amazing how much it covers.
I hope they never discontinue this!

on 12/15/2012 11:55:00 AM

This review is for the Korres Wild Rose Mineral Foundation. I was surprised that I liked this foundation so much, and even more surprised that the lightest foundation color matched my extremely fair, cool-neutral skin color! I purchased the color "Porcelain." It gives a nice, dewy-glowy look. Doesn't look cakey or powdery. I apply a little extra over a blemish, and it acts as a concealer too. A little goes a long way.

on 7/30/2012 2:07:00 AM

I bought this, because I wasn't too happy with the coverage and the price of the Bare Minerals powder. This Korres Powder has a lot more coverage, it lasts longer and it's cheaper. With Bare Minerals I had to use a lot of concealer first to even out my skin, before applying the actual foundation.
This Korres product looks natural and smooth. I really need to moisturize my skind very well beforehand though, because it does accentuate dry parts of your skin. I also don't use it close to my under eye area.
The packaging is simple without any twisting mechanism like the BM, which means you have to be a bit more careful, but I prefer it. The little applicator puff is actually quiet useful and I can bring it along in my make up bag for touch-ups.

Overall I will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I tried BE only to find out I am allergic to it. I got tiny red bumps all over my face that caused a terrible itchiness. I tried other mineral makeup from the internet, but the colors never really matched my Mediterranean/Hispanic skin. I almost had given up on wearing makeup, but since I have frequent breakouts, going bare was not an option.
While at the Sephora store, I asked an associate to help me find a foundation that would not irritate my skin and that would match my complexion (I got the one in tan...which is perfect for my yellow/olive skin). She suggested this and I am impressed with the product.

I have been using it for about a month and not only it looks natural, but it has actually IMPROVED the texture of my skin. The red blotches around my mouth are almost gone, and the frequency and severity of my breakouts have diminished.

Expensive? Yes, but totally worth it. The only but is that Korres does not have more colors to choose from.

on 10/25/2011 8:18:00 PM

The colour selection is pretty bad, I got the lightest "Warm Fair" and it's too yellow for my skintone. The packaging could be improved too, there is no seal over the sifter so you have to rely on the sponge that's included to contain the powder, so it can get messy. The mineral foundation itself is very average. There's nothing that stands out about it all. It has light but buildable coverage (application with the sponge gets more coverage) , it is not particularly long lasting and as no oil control. Will not repurchase.

on 6/6/2011 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Six months ago when I purchased this I would of gave it a rave review. Having lived in and with it for awhile, I can say I don't like the formula. No matter what moisturizer or primer I have under it, it's super dry and chalky. I can do a spritz of something on top and it just looks blotchy.

So wrong formula and wrong shade for me (medium beige). I've since found a replacement and that is Boots no7 mineral perfection in New Ivory. That formula is soft as silk, but covers like a foundation and feels weightless on my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This is my go to foundation that I happen to reach for everyday. I HATE Bare Essentuals. It accentuated every single pore, line, bump/lump on my face. I almost gave up on MF. Then I read the reviews on this FD and I am a devoted user.
1st of all the bad staff: they have only 4 shades, I am lucky I was matched to Warmth 1 Fair and it looks very natural on me. Unscrew lid and you need to shake out the powder on the lid inside.
OK, now my favourite part: the good staff. I have huge pores all over my face (ice picks, pit scars, box scarr) all shapes and sizes that makes wearing any FD a challenge. I am plagued by cyctic acne my whole life and I earned my rosacea by overtreating my skin with .....(you name it). I am very careful with conventional FD as they are all based on silicone (some is good, some is bad) and for me it takes just 1 bad experience and I am back to my derm for my laser treatments. This beauty has wild rose oil as an emolent and moisturizing agent. Apparently it is possible to substitute the "cones"and get a flawless looking skin without fear of clogging your pores. Given you are not allergic to wild rose oil. I use Sephora foundation Airbrush #55 and dab it all over my face after I wash, tone, moisturize etc. I go twice over areas that need more coverage and then buff it with my Too Faced Retractable kabuki brush. It stays on the whole day (and I can have crazy days). Somewhere around aftnoon I might need a little blotting and buffing but only because I am a perfectonist and like the way it makes me look but only because I look really close in my mirror. Here is a tip I learnt the hard way: if you do an OCM the night before and use any other oil (jojoba, argan, coconut oil etc) in the morning under your moisturizer - skip this on that day as it is too much oils for anybodies skin. I had a couple of white heads but I consider it is my fault as I should have thought about natural oil that it also has. Other than that I love it and use it every day and it made me want look at myself in the mirror and use make up. It is more of a treatment than a make up for me now :) Will repurchase? I already did.

on 2/19/2011 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I find this to be a very average mineral makeup. First, I was really worried about the shades. There are only 4 and I'm super pale. The shade I ordered, "Fair", actually looked fine on my NC15 skin. What I didn't like was that I started getting itchy right after application. Even though this doesn't contain bismuth oxychloride, there's something in it that my skin doesn't like. It didn't make me break out, which is a huge feat in itself, but I didn't like the way it looked on my skin. It's quite sparkly like Bare Minerals, Laura Mercier mineral makeup and Merle Norman minerals, which I hate. That sparkle just seems to emphasize every little flaw I have. It wore pretty well throughout the day, but I wouldn't have minded if it didn't! LOL I've included a picture up top of "Fair" compared to some other pale mmu shades, for comparison. Korres is definitely the most sparkly. The others are all pretty matte, but Naturale Beaty seems to be the most matte, with Sephora in second.

on 1/13/2011 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Looks like I'm the first one to review this product. When I walked into Sephora yesterday they had just received the product. Just in time because I was looking to try a new mineral foundation. I've been using Bare Minerals for over 5 years and was never really wowed by it. It just happened to be one of the only things that didn't break me out so I didn't have much of a choice. The Korres comes in the same type of container as most foundations of its kind but no sifter like BM foundation. It has a very fine fine shimmer to it, I'm guessing because there is Mica in it. Which is important to note. It does NOT contain bismuth, according to Sephora SA but it does contain Mica. BM contains bismuth and no Mica. SO, if you have an allergy to Mica, this isn't for you. Moving on.. the fine shimmer is not very noticeable or over the top and you don't even really notice once its on your face. It applies much better than BM in my opinion and is not drying whatsoever. In fact, I think it made my skin really soft and smooth. I applied it with the Sephora Professional dense bronzer brush (the one with the white hair)which is actually similar to the density and size of a Kabuki but I think it's way better. I think it gives good coverage, about the same as BM but better finish, more hydrating, and just overall a better choice for mineral foundation. Time will tell if I am OK with the Mica and I will update. I am a fair-medium cooler toned complexion in the winter and I use the medium-beige which is perfect for me. There are a variety of other shades as well. Love this stuff. So glad I switched over. P.S. I'm sure it has some interesting ingredients as all Korres products do, AND it's SPF 30. Have never seen that high of an SPF in a mineral powder so that is impressive. Talc free. No parabens or sulfates and other ingredients that concern people. Brightening wild-rose extract with its healing properties are supposed to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and repairs uneven skin tone. Exclusively sold at Sephora.