Freeman Beauty Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

Freeman Beauty Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon
Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

4.3

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract (Lemon), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract (Peppermint), Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Montmorillionite, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Polyacrylate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I hadn't used many masks before, so thought I'd try this out since it was fairly inexpensive (CAD$4.99). I like the smell, but I find the thick texture makes it a bit tricky to apply evenly. I've been using this mask twice a week for about 3 weeks now, and I can't say I notice much of a difference in regards to it helping with breakouts. I read someone else's suggestion to use it as a spot treatment over night, so I tried that and it did help, but the results didn't blow me away. I think I'd still try other Freeman masks, but I don't think I'll purchase this version again since I don't know if it's really helping my skin.

on 4/4/2018 9:08:00 PM

I bought this in Malaysia (because it's cheaper..). I don't expect something good because i'm here for the hype but turns out it works great! I have combination normal-oily tzone and this mask doesn't make my skin dry. When i apply this, it has cold sensation & the smell is amazing. It's refreshing & makes my skin brighter just for a day. I would repurchase this someday

on 12/29/2017 10:11:00 AM

Actually it works good on me.. it makes my skin softer& minimizing my pores.. but not really works on my acnes, it just make it calmer but not really make it dissappear. It also makes my skin feels drier after using it. But it doesn't give me any negative effects from using it.. just not too useful for me. And the packaging is lil bit tricky because i need so much effort to making the mask to come out😂 U must push it harder because the mask is too thick to come out..

on 7/19/2017 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a mediocre clay mask. I bought it when I was at the peak of my stress-related breakout and it did nothing but mattify the skin. It does have a slightly cooling sensation which is nice, but the consistency of this is so thick, which makes it difficult to squeeze out and apply. The smell isn't too strong so that was good. This would probably be a good mask for people with oily skin who would want to control their oil but for my normal skin, it was a tad too drying.

I found this on sale so it was extremely cheap, it was $41MX which is about $2US
I bought it with zero expectations but I loooved it.
I have hormonal cystic acne that appears on my jawline when I´m about to get my period and it usually is very stubborn and the redness just won´t go away even after the inflammation is gone. Well one day I decided to try this as an overnight spot treatment and it did wonders on my skin. I usually use benzoyl peroxide 5% as a spot treatment and this mask worked way better. I dried up spots in 1-2 nights and the scars are way less noticeable than before.
I also tried this as its intended use (mask) and it left my skin much less oily. My skin is very oily, I usually need a blotting tissue an hour (or even less sometimes) after doing my makeup and today I went for about 4hrs with my skin looking fairly matte.
I´d totally recommend this mask, just DOOON´T if you have dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Not a big fan,it does nothing rather just sit there on my skin,save your dime.There are better mask out there,my favorite is the aztec secret indian healing clay.

on 1/27/2017 5:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love most of Freeman products but I couldn't wait to try this one because it had lemon in it and I am a addict when it comes to using lemons in my masks. I had to go on the internet and order this certain one because I couldn't find it anywhere. The price was ok because it was only $5.85 and free shipping. When I received this I couldn't wait to use it, the texture of this product is very thick, my mud mask brush had a hard time spreading in on my face so I had to use the back of a spoon. Like I said the texture was very thick so it took a long time to dry . It says it controls oil and breakouts, I have breakouts here and there but I think that this clay does nothing for me at all, I really didn't feel any coolness on my face at all, but I think that it did change colors on my face. And I had a very hard time rinsing the product off my face because of the thickness of the product. This product made no difference to my skin at all, no clearing, no softness, nothing. If I ran out of this it was be a blessing because I would never buy this brand of Freeman's again, sorry!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This smells nice and really strongly of lemon and it is a nice refreshing mask. However, I bought it for the purpose of helping out my acne prone skin which I heard it would. But it really doesn't dry very hard which means it doesn't suck much out of your pores. There's also a lot of extra ingredients and oils that I find don't help my acne.

I can't justify giving this a higher review because my favorite mask is the Aztec healing clay, which is pure bentonite clay with no additives or oils and dries way harder and actually clears out my pores. If you do masks for the purpose of clearing pimples, then dry the Aztec clay instead.

on 11/4/2016 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

First of in my opinion this is a very average face mask. If you are already a acne prone person like myself it won't do wonders for your skin. It simply dries up any oil on the face and make the skin feeling soft afterwards. It doesn't prevent acne or control any breakouts. Packing is a large tube which may take a while to finish. Price wise since I am in South Africa we pay about R100 which is pretty expensive compared to the USA price.

This mask works well to control my oily skin. I get the best results when I use it regularly every week. To me the scent is very relaxing. I have repurchased this product many times.