3.0

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

I really like this product. I don’t generally have much success with colour correcting products but I do see the effects with this one. It dispenses and even amount of light green, light blue and red. It makes a noticeable difference in my skin, making the tone look more even and less red. It is important to only use a light layer. I find if I apply too much it can leave a white cast on my face. It does leave a smooth surface for foundation to apply too. I also do find my foundation does last longer when I use this product. Overall I would recommend this product to others seeking a colour correcting product.

About reviewer (732 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

a month ago

Great over any moisturizer or serum for my daily go to work face! I just happen to see this as I was getting color matched for the new Stila Hide and Chic foundation. smooths on effortlessly, I use all over my face, including as an eye shadow base. I only use two foundations, my go to holy grail is the La Prarie , and the Hide and Chic replaces the Chanal one that changed its formulation. No breakouts, lasts all day, allows me to use a more "skin like" foundation . Can't believe I hadn't seen it before... only primer I use!

About reviewer (111 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairGrey, Wavy, Fine

3.0

2 months ago

It's good at doing what it says it will do however as someone with oily skin it couldn't manage to keep my make up lasting as long as I would like without my face eventually becoming shiny and greasy.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBrown

8 months ago

I’ve been lucking out with some real finds these days at Winners and Marshalls so got this for about 1/3 the regular price. I had always wanted to try this product so now was my chance! I have some redness on my cheeks and chin and thought I would appreciate a green corrector in a lightweight serum. I just wasn’t sure whether to apply this under or over my sunscreen which happens to be tinted. I opted for under, as it says it’s a “serum” so I counted it as skin care. I didn’t notice too much of a difference at first but, it did offer a nice luminosity and added hydration to keep my dry skin from also feeling dehydrated throughout the day. After using daily for about a week I noticed that I pretty much stopped applying foundation over my tinted sunscreen so it must be doing me some good. Now I have to hunt down any bottles of this I see on sale so I don’t have to pay $47 CAD for it! Kind of surprised by the average (3 lippies) rating for this product.

About reviewer (950 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

Price: 36 USD This product claims to correct, bright and moisturize. What you feel is the silicons that is standard in a primer. The brightening and the color correcting effect is good enough for those with already good skin coloration and tone. I do not recommend this for anyone who needs to have stronger correction needs. This is not a good product to use when outdoors, it may irritate your skin because of how the anti fungal ingredient in it reacts to the sun. After use, wash skin throroughly. I do not recommend that you allow this prodct to sit on your face for more than 3 hours at a time. Because the oil absorbing ingredients may disintegrate by the weight of absorbing oils. Which reminds me, I do not recommend this for poeple with very oily skin. This product is good for those with dry skin topped up with a good moisturizer. I will not buy this product again because it is full of ingredients that I do not think I need and is good for my skin.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

When I went into Ulta and asked about color correctors and primers I was recommended this product. The sales person said this was the best in the whole store so I purchased it. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend on a primer but I decided to give it a go. Im glad I did. IT does a great job at neutralizing redness, minimizing pores, blurring skin and adding a radiant glow. I even like to use this on base skin to give a smoother, more radiant look to skin. Works well under makeup as well.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

1.0

2 years ago

This product underwhelmed me. It didn’t make my skin look any better, actually quite the reverse, and it didn’t give my make-up any staying power. I will stick to my hangover primer from tarte, or my optical illusion one from urban decay. They both do a fantastic job.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

I used this up and tried other primers, then came back to this. I have a bit of rosacea, some minimal acne scars. Light olive skin tone. This I sometimes mix with a TM, or I use it over the First Aid coconut moisturizer. I do not have oily skin, so I cannot speak to oil breakthrough. This does serve to even out my skin, and to brighten. The green shows as a whitish cast then settles into a nice glow. I can then touch up under my eyes and nose and old scars with a Fenty Baboo cover up stick. Then done. I have the impression if this works for you, it is HG status. Try before you buy if you are super oily or have dark skin.

About reviewer (813 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

Good primer for oily skin, this leaves my skin even and oil free and gives a good base for my makeup that is not slick or too silicone feeling. I am not seeing much colour with this, the 3 coloured swirls just blend out into nothing on my fair skin. Bottle is nice, kind of weird looking with the swirls but it's fine. Would probably repurchase, I may like Becca primers over this but this one isn't bad at all.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

2 years ago

First off, this doesn't correct skin tone. And based on its full name - 'One Step Correct Skin Tone Correcting & Brightening Serum' - it really should. It also doesn't particularly brighten the skin (at least not for me). So why then, have I given it a 4/5 rating? Well, for me it's proved to be a perfect base for my makeup application. I've noticed since using this that my foundation lasts much longer, I don't get as oily - especially in my usual problem areas (forehead, nose and chin) - and unlike other supposed 'correcting' products I've tried in the past, this hasn't broken me out or made my skin react badly. It applies smoothly, absorbs quickly and gives my skin a nice 'tack' to it, which I prefer as a base for applying foundation. The major downside for me is the price. It's £23 for 30ml which works out to be a pricey step in my makeup regime when I'm using it 3-4 times a week, as it doesn't last that long. Having said that, I would repurchase purely because it's turned out to be such a great base product - the best I've found in a long time - and when your skin's as reactive as mine can be, that's saying a lot! I'll just wait until it's on offer or in the sales...

About reviewer (652 reviews)

Age36-43