Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color
Me - Age Beautiful 4VZotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

4.2

This is my go to hair dye at Sally's when I want to stay away from box dye. It's easy to use with its 1:1 ratio and the directions inside are easy to understand even if you are not a professional cosmetologist. Not to mention its affordable. My go to colors in this line have always been the plums. I have tried 1V which is a Plum Black, 3V which is a little lighter then 1V and 4V which is the lightest of the 3 with more red tones in it. All three colors are beautiful and especially so when the sunlight hits it. My hair never feels damaged after I use this dye which is another reason I think I like this line. The only downfall I see and mind you I am basing this strictly on the Plum shades is that you will see dye come out every time you wash your hair. Also Plum Black will leave your scalp purple so prepare for that. It washes away after a shampoo or 2. Well worth it to me as it shows just how much violet tones are actually in the dye.

on 2/12/2016 3:06:00 PM

I bought this hair dye because end of summer I had went to a salon to lighten my ends. They were bleached to a golden blonde color (natural is black) but I didn't like the result that much. I left the blonde for about 3-4 months and then decided to go back to black. I picked up 2 boxes jet black cause I have thick curly, African American hair. First off the smell is a lot. To say it smells like chemicals is an understatement. One box was enough to cover my whole head I left it for 40mins with heat. It's been 3 months since I've dyed it and it hasn't faded at all. The black isn't as in your face black as it was when first dyed but it's impossible to tell my hair was ever lightened literally no fading and I wash my hair 1-2 week.

To Read all 69 Reviews, Login or Join

Holy chemicals Batman! Yeah the ammonia smell in this product is very strong! I almost had to close my eyes in my small bathroom. It's no joke, so be warned. Your window should be open and your air ventilator should be on, otherwise you might pass out.

I am just using this color as an effective deposit of blue black on my faded Ion color. Although, I regularly use and love the Ion Midnight Blue Black, it does fade to a soft brown / black rather quickly. I love the fact that the Ion product I normally use is PPD free and smells rather nice. This Zoto's one does not.

So, anyways, back to my review of this product. It was time to put the black back into my hair. So because I don't plan on using this product for monthly retouch applications, I can bare the harsh chemical smell once every six months to help me achieve a nice strong blue black color. Oh and this product does just that!

Bottom line: Make no mistake about it, this color is very effective! The bold and absolutely gorgeous color results that you can achieve with the Zoto's Age Beautiful brand is a win for me! Just know that it's loaded with harsh chemicals that get the job done, but I don't recommend that anyone use this monthly because of it.

02/11/2016 Update: Now that it's been a few days after using it. I decided this color is just too damaging. Putting this product on my hair really compromised the health of my hair. The texture of my hair is different. I actually don't recommend it, the damage isn't worth the color results.

on 11/17/2015 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

productlutely love Zotos AGE beautiful hair color. This color is great, great smell, great results and most of all it doesn't over process! I went through cosmetology school about 24 yrs. ago. I was only a few days from taking the boards and was asked to withdraw for circumstances beyond my control.

In school we used mostly Aveda product, granted they do have some good products Bar none this is definitely a product that I pray will be around for a long time to come.ar none this is definitely a product that I pray will be around for a long time to come. found that their color wasn't their strong suit. Most products I have experimented with have an overbearing smell (sulfur). Age beautiful has a much more pleasant smell. I use this product on my wife's hair, as she too used to go to the salon to receive her cuts and colors. Once she found out that I went to school we went to Sally's and bought everything I needed to pick up where I left off. I love to use my artistic talents and treat her hair like a canvas.

My favorite thing to do is foil in three or four different colors. Most common is 4n (base), followed up by intense red, light blonde, and either purple or reddish pink (light blonde mixed with light red and watered down just a little bit). It turns out so beautiful and with a cut and style we save over $100.00 every time. I absolutely love how soft and manageable it leaves her hair.

I am currently enrolled in a private university for business and administration bachelor's degree and am seriously considering opening my own salon.

My wife is a school teacher and when she goes to work after I do her color and cut, she has students that compliment her new looks. But even better her fellow teachers beg her to come home and find out if I could do them up too. I guess it might be time to brush up further on my skills and go get my license.

So most of the naysayers on here probably have never even set foot in an accredited cosmetology school. This product does have a tendency to be a little darker than the swatches at the store by a shade at the most but for the price and results it is superior to most brands.

I'm so glad I did a strand test! I used high lift ash blonde and 40 vol on my light brown roots. Usually I use garnier white chocolate, but i decided to buy this because of a recommendation. It turned my roots light red, not even orange or yellow. Because my hairs so ashy, it doesn't pull very orange or gold tones, but with this there was no blonde! It was just red! Now I have a patch of red hair and I'm going out to buy white chocolate again!!

on 4/29/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've made a return to becoming my own stylist, simply because I was spending a fortune going to the salon over the past year. I've tried box dyes and other dyes from Sally's but I have to say that this stuff is pretty darn good. I really love 1V (plum black) and it really IS permanent; I got a couple spots on my wrist that skimmed past my gloves and it took days for it to wash out, lol.

As for the longevity, I've never used a dye so close to salon results. I have naturally medium brown hair and my hair has been the exact same shade of plum black since I dyed it a month ago. I am actually a bit afraid that it's too permanent because I may want to go lighter this summer. Nonetheless, this worked absolutely wonderful for me! I still have the purple tint that I usually lose within a couple of weeks with other dyes. Also, I have several grays that emerged after college and seem to have multiplied ever since. This does a great job at covering those too.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Normally I only ever use Ion or Wella brand and for good reason, as I was reminded after purchasing Age Beautiful.
I had the color 7RC [Dark Strawberry Blonde]. I intended to only do a demi [10 volume developer, color deposit only, minimal lift] application because my ends were so trashed and probably couldn't handle anything above a 10V. keep in mind my hair was a level 8 yellow blonde ish mess.

NOW. i never EVER EVER EVER do a test strand EVER. I usually just wing it and 7/10, pretty good odds ay?, it comes out as I expect. BUT this time, I was just compelled to do one.
Thus I did, processed for 20 min, the strand test came up burgundy. No copper, not at all natural looking, fucking burgundy.

I tend to think the 'grey coverage' colors are far more pigmented thus I'd just avoid those altogether. Hence I only use Ion/Wella, not to say they're not good for grey coverage.

I don't know how a level 7 copper [the swatch being orangey] equates to a level 5 burgundy....Glad I didn't do my entire head though.

Moral of the story,
Always strand test. As for this product, I wouldn't use again because they run dark, not even slightly true to color, and the swatch that I did color, the hair looked dry and felt coarse, although the latter is probably just the over processing.

on 3/11/2015 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I don't normally write reviews, but this product is by far the best hair color product I have ever used. I have had my hair professionally dyed as well as boxed dyed by various other brands. To clarify, I do not have grey hair. I thought that Maybe this hair color would work twice as good on regular hair since it was made to cover white/grey hair. I was right.
In my experience, every dye I have ever used has faded out enough that I don't have to even worry about roots. That is because My hair is dark brunette and I dye black. What is incredible to me, is that after two months, I can see my roots. In other words, the black has not faded to dark brown. It is still as strong as ever. It is raven black, even in the sun light.
I wash my hair in cold water to keep the hair shaft from opening and I use cheap anti-fading shampoo. But I have done both of these things with the other dyes.
I had to write a review because this product has been amazing and exceeded my expectations ten-fold. It is truly a permanent hair dye, and I could not be happier.

on 12/10/2014 9:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm very happy with this hair color brand. I purchased the 4V Dark Plum Brown from Sally's with their Volume 20 developer. I have dark brown hair, and normally get my hair colored professionally but I'm trying to save a few (actually it ends up saving me nearly $80 per home application) bucks in between trims. I previously had my hair professionally colored a dark brown with a plum hue, but the plum tones didn't turn out as noticeably as I had hoped, and it seemed to fade quicker than normal which is expected. So I figured, 4 weeks after my last coloring, I'll try this one out myself after it was recommended by an employee at Sally's. I could not be more happy with this color. The purple tones in this dye are vibrant, subtle enough to be acceptable in my corporate work environment, but just noticeable enough. I may add some more purple to my ends with the Ion Purple semi-permanent color. But overall, this color is gorgeous and you can really see the richness and color (especially against a black shirt, good lighting, etc.). I was shocked when I could totally notice the plum color under my office's fluorescent lights (normally I cannot see any color difference under these horrible lights) nor could I see my previous professional color job under these lights, so I am very happy! It is obviously a more tedious task to have to color your hair at home, especially when coloring the back of your head, but if I can save $80 every month/month-and-a-half, I'm sorry but I will. Now I just hope my hairdresser doesn't get offended! Another tip, I normally leave hair color on for 20 minutes, but I actually followed through with the directions and left on for 30 minutes (actually close to 40) because I saw the color developing into something amazing. I had patch tested a spot the night before and it pulled a more reddish hue, but I only left it on for about 20 minutes. So if you have a dark hair and want a gorgeous, rich, truly plum color with subtle burgundy highlights, definitely spend the 5 or 6 dollars on this stuff. I also used a tube and a half because I have long, curly hair - one full tube was enough for about 3/4 of my roots.

I've been coloring my hair to get rid of grey for about 4 years. My color is naturally very dark brown with red undertones, and I am not looking to change the color..just get rid of greys. I started out using drugstore dyes and found they either had no red undertones, too much red, faded fairly quickly, were irritating...and just smelled horrible. Getting my hair done at a salon just seemed expensive. I read some reviews on Sally's website and decided to give Age Beautiful a try, and I am sssoooo glad I did!! I use color 4R in the creme formula with 20 developer. I also grab a packet of the Age Beautiful hair conditioner which is usually good for two to three uses. I used a different color the fist time, 4RM, and decided it didn't have enough red so went with 4R and the color is perfect! This odor of this dye is much lesd harsh than the drugstore dyes, and I have never had any irritation. The conditioner in the packet makes my hair very shiney and silky! I love it! The color does not fade. I only need to touch up new growth. I love this brand of hair color!

Edit: My color in this product was discontinued, so I went back to a product I used some time ago. After going back and using the old product a few times I have realized how damaging Age Beautiful was. I always had a lot of breakage, and hair going down the drain when I colored my hair. Using my old product I also feel like the Age Beautiful color didn't give my hair very much shine. The color did last longer without fading with Age Beautiful, but I think I would rather color slightly more frequently with less damage and more shine. Both products are about the same price. I won't be using Age Beautiful again.