3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

Always on the hunt for a good clean foundation I budged and bought this. I always try it on me before I do on a client. It enlarged my pores and looked weirdly masqué like. I have dry skin but prepped Well. I also always try it on clean non prepped skin. No difference. I applied with a damp sponge, with a brush (don’t do that!) and with fingers. It’s sort of sticky. It doesn’t blend easily. I am a fan of 100% pure and I love their tinted moisturizer (shades could improve) but this.... No. Next up: the water foundation. We’ll see!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

a year ago

I was really excited to try this foundation , I love that it has natural ingredients and is cruelty free. Yet , I have noticed that each time I have used it I have new break outs :( I didn’t want to think that this foundation was the cause of it but I think it is and that makes me so sad because I really wanted it to work for me. On the side , the packaging is really cute and I’m glad that it does seem to work for a lot of people though so don’t get discouraged by my review ???? If anyone has recommendations for natural, cruelty free B.B. cream or foundation for acne prone skin please let me know!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

a year ago

In my opinion, this is 100% Pure's best foundation for oily skin. I did not like the bamboo blur. Anyway, this applies beautifully with a beauty blender and stays relatively matte and in place for most of the day. I also love the packaging which keeps the air out of the product. Lastly, it doesn't break me out!

About reviewer (92 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Kinky, Coarse

from

2 years ago

This product is a great organic and healthy alternative without all the bad ingredients other cosmetics have. The Colour range is a bit limited but if you mix two colors you can make your perfect shade. If you don't apply any moisturizer or primer that adds a bit of hydration it can look slightly powdery. I personally find that if i use jojoba oil before applying the foundation it looks great. Or use the studio fix spray and spray over the foundation after you have applied it. Coverage is natural this way . You may need to touch up on any spots with a concealer as it doesn't seem to cover that too well. It gives a even skin tone and beautiful skin like finish. a little goes a long way and it doens't cause break outs. However if you apply this too heavily i think it will clog pores. overall i am very happy and I love this product so far :)

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2 years ago

Finally a Foundation without any harmful chemicals i suffered from acne soo long this is silicone free yay .Alpine Rose is great Im NW15. I can build this up to full coverage. Its longwearing transfer resistant and keeps me matte the whole day without blotting. If you have dry skin you need an oil it can be a little drying in winter on my oily skin too. I love their luminous primer too. Im on my 3rd bottle and threw My other foundations out will never go back to something with silicone or plastic in it. Skin can breathe with this. Acne is completely gone just one spot or so during hormonal changes

About reviewer (44 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

2 years ago

I would not recommend this foundation for those with dry skin. It feels extremely tight on my normal skin and emphasises every line on your skin and it certainly is not full coverage. Unless you have greasy skin, save yourself the disappointment.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

I am intrigued by the new natural and organic foundations. I received a sample of the 100 Percent Pure Foundation at San Francisco International airport where they have a physical store. The SA matched me with Alpine Rose, one of their lightest shades and closest to my skin tone. The color was too light and slightly yellow for my cool undertone. I found it difficult to apply using my fingers due to the its consistency, thus I'd recommend a foundation brush for even application. I'd suggest this one for normal to slightly oily skin. Five lippies for the sanitary pump packaging and good selection of cheek and lip colors.

About reviewer (144 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairSilver, Other, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

My favourite full coverage foundation. They actually didn't have the right shade for my skin until they recently brought out a new shade called sand. I had tried samples before and loved them but had put off buying a bottle because they were either a bit too light and dark for my skin, so I jumped at the chance to buy 'sand' when I saw it. I only really use it once a week when I go out somewhere, but I find it goes on best after I've applied a little face oil first. You don't need to use a lot to get good coverage and I love that it doesn't have any nasty chemicals and is cruelty free????. I can finally end my hunt for a natural, full coverage, vegan foundation that suits my skin! Update: I found after a while of use this foundation was really accentuating the dry patches on my face, I was having to exfoliate almost every morning so it wouldn't stick to and make every little imperfection stand right out (I think my skin has become a bit dryer over the past few months). So I stopped using this one and found something better suited to me.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

1.0
from

4 years ago

I wanted to like this so bad because of the ingredients. I tried it a few ways; alone applied with fingers, brush, beauty blender, with a few drops of oil, mixed with lotion, mixed with another foundation, with moisturizer, without moisturizer, with and with out primer. Each way I got the same result - a statuesque looking finish. It just looks like I have a massive layer of thick powder on my face. I couldn't find a way to make it work so I returned it. I also wasn't able to find a good color match. I bought 2 shades to mix with the help of the sales associate at the store but it still wasn't the right color. I have also tried the water based foundation but it had little coverage and slid off. Haven't tried the bb cream yet. Might give that a shot.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairGrey

3.0

4 years ago

So, let's start off by saying I have combination/oily skin. I get oily on my nose. I tried this foundation and learned it's a bit tricky to use. It is very drying and difficult to blend unless you mix it with some kind of oil or moisturizer: I used some almond oil and put it on the back of my hand with some of this foundation and mixed it with my finger and applied to my face and blended with a DAMP real techniques sponge (very similar and cheaper than a beauty blender) (bomb!) well it blended much better after mixing it with almond oil. The only problem is that this stuff does come off easily once I start to get oily or if I gently rub my skin. I wish that they would change the formula so that it would last longer, and blend easier. Until then I won't be repurchasing and my hunt for a natural full coverage foundation continues but I will finish this bottle of foundation until then. I use a setting powder by emani. It's actually a powder foundation that is vegan. Very great vegan/ natural brand!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium