Edward Bess Blush Imperiale

No Image

4.9

TALC ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE NYLON-12 POLYMETHYLMETHACRYLATE MINERAL OIL PETROLATUM MAGNESIUM STEARATE BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2 POLYBUTENE METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE DECYLENE GLYCOL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE PEG-8 BEESWAX ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL EXTRACT CARUM PETROSELINUM (PARSLEY) EXTRACT CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT ALTHAEA OFFICINALIS ROOT EXTRACT CENTAUREA CYANUS FLOWER EXTRACT [ /- (MAY CONTAIN) MICA TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) IRON OXIDES (CI 77491,77492,77499) RED 6 LAKE(CI 15850) RED 7 LAKE(CI 15850) RED 40 LAKE (CI 16035) YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140) YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985) YELLOW 10 LAKE (CI 47005) BLUE 1 LAKE(CI 42090) CARMINE (CI 75470) SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE TIN OXIDE (CI 77861) SILICA CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE]

on 1/3/2015 3:11:00 PM

I have this in Soft Orchid, which is a matte, cool-toned light pink with no shimmer. The texture is fine, soft but not powdery and is very light and natural-looking on skin. Pigmentation is great. Lasting power is superior. I love light pink blushes, but most of the ones I've tried in the past tend to fade on me after a few hours. This one lasts through an entire workday, which is a minor miracle to me.

Two drawbacks: 1) Packaging is sleek and minimalist, but the plastic they used feels kind of cheap and flimsy given the price point. I also found the included brush to be useless and would prefer a smaller compact without it. 2) As mentioned, the price is quite high, but this is a premium brand and I think the product (except for the packaging) lives up to the price.

Overall, I'm impressed and will be back to try more of Edward Bess's line.

on 10/27/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This review is for Soft Orchid 01. I purchased this from Gilt based on internet photo swatches. For the most part I really like this blush, however, I also am somewhat disappointed. The good: Matte, buildable rosy pink that imparts my cheeks with the sheerest flush of color. No fallout. The effect on me is parallel to the after glow one as fair complected as I has after a good orgasm. That said, this is a keeper. The bad: I really dislike the packaging, which is flimsy and boring for the retail price. (Glad I didn't pay that.) I don't like the fact that the compact opens just beyond 90 degrees and the product is cramped. Also, the brush is idiotic and personally insulting. A far better design would have been to set the blush in the center of the compact and forgo including a brush altogether. Think about it, if your someone who spends $$$ on a blush wouldn't it stand to reason that you've invested in a set of fine brushes to impart perfect application? My first impression upon opening the box and the compact was how much this resembled SKINN cosmetics wonky compacts. Seriously, DS compacts have more heft. Lastly, the velvet pouch the blush is housed in is a nice touch, cheap, but a nice touch. I love the product but the presentation falls short.

on 11/6/2011 9:22:00 AM

Another winner from Edward Bess. I have this in soft orchid and it's simply gorgeous. Divine. I put this one the apple of my cheeks after the bronzer and look like I just came inside from the cold on a late autumn day. The cool pink color melds to your skin and gives a luminous flush. It's very light and sheer. Only thing is that it doesn't last long on me and I need to reapply after 2 hours, but you don't need a lot and the pan will last a while. Just beautiful. Edward Bess is now my number 1 favorite line.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got Soft Orchid in a swap, and absolutely love it. Makes me look like I go to yoga everyday and live on a diet of rose petals, even if I'm grumpy as hell and hate the world. The texture is so fine that the blush disappears into the skin, and appears to illuminate from within. I know everyone says that, but this one really delivers. This is my desert island blush.

on 7/10/2011 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have been looking for a soft pink blush which would give me a pop of healthy pink on the center of my face. It was not my intention to pay so much for a blush but when I saw this product and how it can brighten any skin tone, I decided to go for it.

I am very happy I did.. I cannot overdo the application (which many times with pinks I need to buff and buff to get rid of the excess pigmentation so it doesn't look clowny). there is a lot to be said for good pigmentation vs very heavily pigmented.. it's just so much work to take off as it is to put on properly.

anyway.. if you are looking for a pink flush without excess and residue.. try this product. it's expensive but well worth it.

on 4/30/2011 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm soooo glad I bought this blush. I originally hesitated in purchasing it because, well, this is some expensive shiz and I had literally just the day before bought the Nars blush in Torrid. But Edward Bess himself quite politely and with no hard sell showed me the error of my ways - coral, even on women of color such as myself, really has the tendency to look too "made up" - and I caved. Suffice it to say, I have barely touched the Nars blush since.
I have this in 01 Soft Orchid and it provides a subtle, healthy glow to my biracial skin. I was frankly shocked - never in my life would I have believed that something so darn pink would actually look good on me! I always thought when you were of color, darker equaled better. Not so.
Plus blush in general always used to freak me out (we've all seen those ladies with too much on) so I tended to use it with a too light hand and end up looking like a zombie in photos. Not so with Soft Orchid - I literally cannot apply too much, trust me I've tried. My only quibble, besides the price, is the fact that there is such little product for your buck - I'd rather they got rid of the dinky little brush in favor of more blush. But, honestly, I don't even have the heart to take off a star for that - this is just great makeup. If you're a medium-dark girl like me, don't be afraid of the limited color range and give EB a try!

on 4/21/2010 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is Edward's first powder blush release (with more to follow I am told). The color is 01, Soft Orchid. The depth and intensity of this blush is similar to Chanel Narcisse (soft, sheer and not shimmery), but this is more blue based than Narcisse. It's not too purple though. It's a delicate, pale mauve toned pink. It's matte (no sparkle) and goes on sheer, evenly and smoothly. It's very pretty and flattering on my fair skin with blue undertones but I don't think it'd be so great for warmer skin tones. The container is not the finest quality from the Edward Bess line considering some of his totally spectacular prior packaging. However, it does come with a very usable, good brush and a large mirror. UPDATE: I have now tried this blush in another newer color, Desert Blush, a neutral sandy pink which I also love.

Popular Blush Products