Sephora Precision Sponge

Sephora  Precision Sponge

1.5

on 10/2/2014 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wish I had read the reviews before buying. I have the white version and it's so not worth it. As others have mentioned, it doesn't expand when wet. Hardly at all.....it remains firm and not very "spongey". The blending isn't great, either. I feel this drinks up more foundation than anything. The only think I like it for is blending out concealer under my eyes. It works well enough to smoothing things and even later get rid of anything that sinks into fine lines. So....there's that. Otherwise, don't waste your time and money.

on 10/29/2011 11:07:00 AM

Like other reviewers I purchased this at Sephora as the Beauty Blender was not available and was told is a "great" item. Personally I found it to be a useless piece of garbage. It is very dense and firm and it doesn't blend out anything. If used to stipple I find this to be extremely firm (even when dampened with water) that it kind of hurts my face. Also this sponge absorbs way more product then any other sponge I have ever used and is extremely difficult to clean. Total waste of money ($18.00 in Canada) and if I could rate it zero stars I would.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I didn't dislike this product as much as the other reviewers, however I have no experience with the Beauty Blender or even the Sonia Kashuk knockoff, so can't compare. I think the results with the Sephora Precision Sponge are pretty decent, although for me they are no better than those I get with my stippling brush. So generally, I stick with the stippling brush and I use the Precision Sponge for my under eye area because I can then blot foundation over my under eye concealer. So I may not spend $12 on a sponge just for that purpose, but I'm not unhappy I have it.

on 11/8/2010 5:16:00 AM

I wish I read the other reviews before purchasing this product. I too bought this from Sephora because the beauty blender was not available. It's a total waste of money. I used it wet but it still absorbed most of my foundation. I dont't see any blending happening with this sponge. I washed and washed and washed but I could not get the foundation out. The regular disposable sponge is way better than this one.

on 2/20/2010 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I too, bought this at Sephora b/c they do not have the Beauty Blender in stock. Since I've never used the BB I cannot compare the 2, but for this Sephora knock-off, & for the price they charged me, this sponge is totally disposable. I can accomplished a better result with my finger or fdn brush or Mac #187 alike.
It is a piece of very dense sponge, & more difficult to cleanse than all of the above, not to mention it does soak up more liquid fdn as well. However I would still like to try the BB though.

I was looking for the BeautyBlender pink sponge in Sephora but they did not have it in stock. The SA recommended Sephora's yellow egg shaped-version, the precision sponge. An alternative, virtually the same thing, said the SA. Having done my reading on the BeautyBlender, I asked about expansion when wet, and she shrugged her shoulders and said all sponges expand when wet...and that should have been my clue that she did not know what she was talking about. Anyway, at $12 CAD, it was a much lower cash outlay than the BeautyBlender, so I purchased it. First thing, it is small, about 1.5 inches. The shape is nice, and that is about the only nice thing I can say about it. I let it soak water, but it did not seem to expand. I used it to blend concealer and also creme foundation, and I honestly cannot tell the difference between this sponge and my triangle QUO sponges (10 for $2 CAD).