Clinique Instant lift for brows

Clinique Instant lift for brows

3.8

on 8/9/2016 7:03:00 PM

This "highlight" does not work to sculpt your eyebrows. However, it works as a nice eyeshadow color or highlighter. The brow color works well to fill in your brows. Not a bad product, just this pencil is a bit thick for my liking. You can use the skinnier point to fill in as well. Not a bad product overall.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Not a bad brow product at all! What I like is this can be a multi-use tool. You can (or at least I have) use the light shade to highlight the inner corner of your eye, which makes getting that area more defined (my eyes are small, so even if I use my pinkie finger, sometimes it is 'too much' product, this remedies that). Can also use the darker shade as an eyeliner. Applies smoothly and no tugging. More of a natural look with this, I think. Might be good for beginners. The cap on both ends is secure, yet not hard to put the caps on or remove the caps. Twist-up, so no sharpening required, which is nice.

I bought this after receiving a makeover (my skin changing like crazy lately, pre-menopause, I guess..?!), and am definitely am happy with this purchase. I heavily debated the question 'would you repurchase?' and I came to the conclusion that if I was heavily debating it, then probably would not... But I am happy with it and I think I will definitely get my use out of it!

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/18/2016 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

If you have thin, patchy brows and you are bad at filling them in, or don't want brows that look really bold or dramatic, this is the product for you. I have this in the lightest shade, even though my hair is a medium brown (fairly dark). This is more of a neutral taupe shade than a light, warm blonde. The texture of the pencil itself is nice too. It's not waxy, hard or dry. It's easy to apply and behaves more like a powder. It seems to be long lasting, although I haven't worn it in extreme heat or humidity yet. I haven't used the highlighter, because brow highlight isn't something I want or need, but overall I'm very impressed with this product. This is the fastest, easiest, most natural-looking fix I have ever tried for my sparse brows. This makes them look done in a normal, polished, non attention-getting way. I will rebuy for sure.

on 3/17/2016 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Unlike many of the other reviewers, I really like the brow part of this, and really dislike the highlighter. I wish you could get just the brow part - the highlighter is way too shimmery and pale for my liking. The brow pencil/crayon is a bit stiff, but I find it applies easily and it lasts well on me. I have the blonde shade, and I have light brown hair, and anything darker would look awful on me. The shade in the stick is misleading - I would never have thought this would work for me, but it's just about perfect. It looked like it would be way too light, and too ashy, but it's great! What I have is a GWP size, and I haven't a clue how old it is because I didn't try it for a long time, convinced it would not be the right shade. Well, I was totally wrong! I would buy this again, but would really like to see clinique ditch the highlighter, and sell just the brow pencil.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The highlighter was good. The brow pencil part was not so good. Color faded and was hard to apply.

I hate this pencil as strong as I love Clinique's superfine brow liner. I would never have bought this product in the first place, but they didn't have my favorite one, so I had to give it a try.
Pros:
- Double sided liner. Brow pencil and highlighter in one.
- Highlighter side is not bad, it helps sharpen the brows and almost visible (at least on my skin)
Cons:
- Very hard to apply. Lead feels like marble with same capacity of drawing the line. It's nearly impossible to draw something with it (I've tried several pencils, they all were the same)
- you have to press it hard to get some pigment over your skin and then lead crushes.

The worst brow pencil I ever tried.

I am always on the look out for makeup that is compact for travel and easy to use. Wanted something for my brows that didn't require carrying a powder and a brush. Tried the Anastasia brow pen, but that didn't work well at all. Saw this on Paula's site and, Love!

I use soft blonde which, contrary to Paula's assertion, does work well with my light auburn/light brown hair. The package calls it a "crayon," and that's basically what it is - narrow, softer and more waxy than eyebrow pencil. It glides on well, but can make thin wispy lines and avoid harsh edges, easy to blend. Twists out of the tube with a snap on cap to close. Other end of the tube has a champagne-y coloured highlighter which is OK - a bit too shiny and dark for my tastes; I'm more of a Benefit High Beam gal. But it's handy to have one available in the same tube.

Price is kind of high for the amount of product provided, but the convenience/performance is such that I'd repurchase. Have not had problems with it breaking, but I don't twist too much up at a time and always twist it back down into the tube before capping.

on 4/17/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I can't say I am extremely impressed by this. Yes it's very handy you have the highlighter at the other end, and it does give a nice finish, but frankly, you can achieve this even with a shadow these days, without having to pay 16.
I was going for the darkest shade (black/brown) and it's a good job they didn't have it at the counter so I went for shade no. 3, which frankly is dark enough for my colours. I agree with some reviews that it can be too obvious so you need to be light-handed when you apply it.
The highlighter is a nice addition, it does give a lift, but I think you can have a more subtle effect with an eye shadow.
I am not entirely sure if I will actually buy this again, or I'll stick to my Rimmel one which was much cheaper and more subtle...

I just bought this product today and came home now to apply it, first things first it doesn't look like it's going to last very long, the colour is nice but I don't like the texture or the waxy looking build up it gives me and for $38 at Myers it's kinda expensive for a produce that I can only see lasting me 2-3 weeks

on 5/27/2014 8:45:00 PM

I can't say I'd buy it again right away, but it worked great for a recent tropical vacation. I was looking for products to do double-duty if possible, with staying power in hot and humid weather, but natural looking in full sun, so when I saw this at the Clinique counter I was intrigued. And who could resist an instant brown lift? The SA sampled the product on me and I liked how my brows looked very much, and the highlighter made them look brighter and lifted. On the trip, it performed well. My brows didn't slide off or fade away, and looked as natural as I wanted - not too much of a made up look, so I was very pleased. The colour was perfect - not too grey or taupe-y, but very natural colour. The highlighter was easy to swipe on - I also used it in the inside corners of my eyes, so it was great for quickly doing that too - and overall this complimented a minimal makeup look while adding a pretty glow. (posted a few pix) However since being home and I've noticed a few things that make it less than amazing overall.

The brow crayon slipped out of the tube and fell on the carpet. I was taken back by how short it was - this is not going to be a long lasting product. I wiped it off and I popped it back in, but ew. The crayon is on the thick side and wobbles a bit in the tube, so it's hard to get fine strokes, or finesse a light application. And the highlighter crayon applies kind of dry and obvious, so it has to be blended with a fair amount of pressure, which I don't need to put my eye lids through. Today I skipped it in favour of my Anastasia brow makeup - not sure why, except I think under florescent lighting (instead of gorgeous Hawaii lighting!) I wasn't happy with the look as much - maybe it's just me.

However if I was heading back out on trip, I'd grab this item for it's staying power, and dual functionality but as an everyday use item I may not repurchase, it's not a good enough value.

Popular Brows Products