Revlon PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

2.7

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Saccharomyces/Calcium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Potassium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethiconol, Methoxypropyl Gluconamide, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Lecithin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Nereocystis Luetkeana Extract, Laminaria Japonica, Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77193/Bismuth Oxychloride)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I typically use HE and Prestige makeup, but I ran out of my It Cosmetics bye bye pore setting powder and needing something I can grab at the local grocery store. (Busy mom problems) So I grabbed the only DS translucent powder that was in a compact. (Loose powder too messy for me) Revlon was the only one available in Translucent. I'm actually pleased with this DS setting powder. Only issues I have is the packaging is hard to open (chipped a nail) and the shimmer in the powder. Shimmer isn't overwhelming, but if you have fine lines I bet it would accentuate the lines. Sets my MAC, Clinique, and CoverFx foundation well. I apply with a large fluffy brush, (throw out the useless brush it came with). Wears well, stays on all day for me. Did not cause me to break out. I plan on finishing this pan up, as it isn't bad. Just ordered my usual setting powder so awaiting delivery. If I had to purchase again, I would if I run out of the usual HG powder.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This was the first finishing powder I ever bought, back when I was just getting into makeup. It's OK. I use it to set my foundation. The powder's translucent and there are tiny sparkles in it, but -- in my experience -- the sparkles don't actually show up on the skin. It's not a bad powder, nor is it an outstandingly good one. I'll finish using this up, but I won't buy another once I'm done, since it's so expensive for a drugstore powder. Also, it came with a little brush which is completely useless, and which I threw away.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't understand the low reviews. Set my makeup all day, doesnt settle into lines and blurs any imperfections. I love it. I prefer my Wet n Wild powder by a hair because it's cheaper and it wears just a tinge better. Good stuff none the less. I bought this power when that one was sold out.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was not a big fan of this powder, honestly. Bought this because I'm extremely pale, and was on the hunt for a good translucent powder since colored powders always seem to end up too orange/yellow on me. So I can only use translucent powders. I actually like a translucent powder that shows up a little white on me, because it gives my skin a more white appearance (which is what I like, but not everyone wants that pale effect, so that might be a negative for darker skin tones). Here's what I got from this powder:

Price- The price was terrible XD lol. This is definitely more expensive for a drugstore product (I paid about $12 for it at Target). It's not a ton of powder in there, either. Really wish this powder was more, like, $8.

Packaging- Not a big fan of this packaging. It's cumbersome and clumsy, and difficult to toss into my makeup bag for on the go touchups. I really prefer round compacts like the Revlon Colorstay. The brush that comes with this is crap, lol. I used a kabuki brush which worked much better.

Appearance- This actually has a decent appearance. It does show up a little pale on the skin, but I think that's what makes it perfect for pale girls. Would not recommend if you don't want your face to be slightly lighter. Gave a nice airbrushed finish, and I did not find that it highlighted my pores, scars, or fine lines. It does have glitter in it, which is usually a deterrent for me:/ Despite the glitter, I did not find it to be that sparkly indoors. I did notice the glitter a bit more outside in the sunlight. So if you're sensitive to glitter, this is definitely a no. I prefer a more matte look, and I think the Revlon Colorstay is more matte.

Acne- The biggest reason I disliked this product, and the reason I will not repurchase, it because it did give me a few new acne spots after 2 days of wear. This product contains bismuth oxychloride, a HUGE NO NO for acne prone skin. Wish I'd known that before buying it. :/ So DEFINITELY NOT recommended if you have sensitive acne prone skin, this will cause a breakout.

Overall- I gave this powder 3 lippies because it did give a nice look to my skin, and I really only needed to touch up once halfway through the day on a warm day. But took off lippies because of the acne causing ingredient. I think if they ditched the bismuth, and also the glitter, this would be a better product. Also, a better price would be nice, lol. So I'll say pass on this. :/

When I first purchased this product I was a little unsure as its a pressed powder opposed to a loose translucent powder which I am more familliar with... BUT... I LOVE IT!

1) The packaging was regular/ standard. *(it could have had a prettier packaging or design/colour)
2) There is no scent and is non-comogenic.
3) It really does leave a matt finish (It keeps your face looking matt for a good 5+ hours) *I have oily skin during the summer usually*
4) The price is AMAZING- About 15$ when I purchased months ago from Montreal Pharmapix.
5) Whats so amazing about this product is that it truly does hide pores (medium to large)
6) It locks in your foundation.

Note; I really would suggest this to everyone! Especially in the summer time, I used to wear a tone of makeup and experienced lots of clogged pores and breakouts due to the coverage, Now I use only whats needed to enhance my features.. If your interested in some sleek and easy products before your work day view below!

1) Photofinish "Revlon" Stick 001 (this acts as a foundation only for the areas I want to cover like sides of nose or some red spots etc..
2) Garnier Concealer ( It acts as under eye treatment and its light buildable coverage, sometimes I use in other areas and it never left me with a breakout there is no scent. )
3) Bounce Blush "Maybelline" ( I have been using the same one about 9 months and I still have half of it left *I use it daily for cheeks and sometimes on lip to add a little extra color)
4) Lash Falsies Mascara "Maybelline" ( It makes your eyes pop & makes them super super long)

Anyways long review but I really feel like this will help some of you make some decisions on the products your skeptical about :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

ugh. I hated this. I like translucent powder because I'm pasty pale. But after using this over foundation it stuck to the pores on my nose and made them more noticeable! I spent all that time blurring my pores and evening out my skin tone and then this powder ruined it. but I decided to give it a second chance and wear it alone over sunscreen. Just as bad if not worse. I threw it out, I just can't use this! The brush that comes with it is horroble, it's hard to use with a puff and even my high quality powder brushes couldn't make this mess work. 😝

Despite the bad reviews, I still picked this up while grocery shopping. I needed a powder as I had used the last bit of Benefit Georgia (which I adored) and this seemed to fit the bill as a lightweight powder. I am NC15 so the pale color was not a worry for me at all.

Despite checking in natural and artificial light, I can only detect a small amount of glitter (and then it is very minimal, just a couple of pieces here and there despite a liberal application of the powder over my foundation.)

This only mattified a little but did make my skin look more even. As for oil control – this has no effect. My nose and chin are still as oily as ever and this powder makes no difference. But it is not marketed as a shine control powder so I was not expecting much. I still have to reapply this powder as I would with any other, so I doubt I would purchase this again.

I have found some pretty good powders over the years, but this does not do much of anything. It is ok for wearing for short periods of time, but for all-day wear this falls short.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, the packaging is an eyesore. We don't need a scratchy little brush included in this powder and it just creates too much extra space once you take out the brush (and toss it right in your garbage). The powder itself is also so damn terrible - it's not translucent at all and it made my foundation 2 - 3 shades lighter than it actually is. The powder also clings onto fine hairs and dry spots on your skin. I had to blend the hell out of it to look presentable for the day, before it greased up within 6 hours.
It's not worth the ~$20 CDN I spent...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This stuff was so not worth the money.

I am fairly new to makeup, and this was my first setting powder. I have combination skin, with my t-zone being slightly oily and the area around my mouth being very dry. I'm fair-skinned and basically just needed something to keep the foundation on all day.

First of all, this stuff is sparkly. I'm fair, so it didn't show on me, but I can imagine even slightly darker girls having issues with that.
Second - it clung to my dry patches and made those areas look INSTANTLY cakey every time.
Third - the packaging sucks. It's bulky and the brush it comes with is terrible.
Finally - it did nothing to keep my foundation on all day, or even a few hours.

I used this product for a month and a half, so I gave this its fair shot. It's now in my garbage can.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love the product itself. I'm wearing it alone in one of the photos I posted. It does have some serious sparkle, but it is translucent, not chalky or pink. And does it ever look fantastic in photographs!!

It dries my skin out a little, but at least it doesn't make my face look greasy.

My issue is the packaging. I hate the gigantic compact, the latch is fragile,and the mirror is a tiny strip! For how huge this compact is, they could do a better sized mirror. Maybelline and Cover Girl can do it, so Revlon has no excuse.